Motorsport: Rally in Yunlin 12/13th January

The TRCC are having a “real” Rally around the (proposed) HSR station area in Yunlin County 12th and 13th January. 120 car entry apparently,including a Super 1600 Fiat Kitcar from Europe (sounds awesome) . If you are into Motorsport it should be a great weekend. I would welcome the opportunity to meet up with any Forumosans who enjoy Motorsport(I think!) and will post further details ,when available.

Sounds cool. But sadly I’ll be in China :frowning:

I’ll go.

Be good to see you !! Maybe we can find a car for you !!

Are you entering the race or just spectating?

Oh, this sounds great - please keep me updated!

Yes I will be competing. :astonished: GBs mediocre talent against Taiwans’ finest :discodance:

Sounds fantastic! I wish I could participate…

Should be good fun. If you have a car it may be possible,although it is under the Authority of the F.I.A . So should be a properly arranged affair and there are some pretty fast Imprezas out here with good drivers.120+ cars expected so should be fair Media cover. Unfortunately they have decided to put me at car 1 ,i think…no pressure then :astonished:

Should be good fun. If you have a car it may be possible,although it is under the Authority of the F.I.A . So should be a properly arranged affair and there are some pretty fast Imprezas out here with good drivers.120+ cars expected so should be fair Media cover. Unfortunately they have decided to put me at car 1 ,I think…no pressure then :astonished:[/quote]

Haha, unfortunately I don’t have my own car in Taiwan and it’s been years since I last raced and wish I could get back into the sport.
What are the car/safety requirements and how are the cars classed?

I’m also interested in going to watch. Let us know the details!

Are you serious now? i thought there was basically ZERO motorsports in Taiwan but the illegal tuners down in Kaoh (which is not a sport), and karting (god i love karting). But what do i know…

Yes !!! Really. There is now a full entrylist of 120 cars. The quality of most of the cars is not the same as a European event,which is to be expected, but there is a “real” Fiat Super1600 Kitcar (screamer!) as car Zero. There will be Imprezas and an awful lot of Saxo/civics I suspect. I think there is a drift demo during the weekend also…with maybe a Porsche 997 GT3 drifting. Also there will be a Caterham R500 competing. Should be interesting at least :astonished:

I hope it does not rain, I am using this car !! :astonished:

Should be good fun. If you have a car it may be possible,although it is under the Authority of the F.I.A . So should be a properly arranged affair and there are some pretty fast Imprezas out here with good drivers.120+ cars expected so should be fair Media cover. Unfortunately they have decided to put me at car 1 ,I think…no pressure then :astonished:[/quote]

Haha, unfortunately I don’t have my own car in Taiwan and it’s been years since I last raced and wish I could get back into the sport.
What are the car/safety requirements and how are the cars classed?[/quote]
Safety requirements?..one class for safe cars and one class for dangerous cars :bravo: this is Taiwan. :slight_smile: I wish i could use this car:

Any more info on this event, it might be interesting. Is there a Chinese website? I want to know which roads will be closed to and where will be good [safe] spectating points? Will they use dirt roads or asphalt?

Hi sorry I am trying to get an English version of the details ! Schedule is approx as follows:
Departure ceremony: 102 years, January 12 (Saturday)Award ceremony: 102 years, January 13 (Sunday) Racing schedule:… Saturday: 08:00~11:30 13:00~16:30Sunday: 08:00~11:30 12:00~15:30Tail-flick show, SG dance show schedule:Saturday: 11:00 p 15:00 pSunday: 11:00 p 15:00 p

Tail-flick show= Drifting Demonstration. Dance Show= Showgirls prancing about i guess. :blush:
I have to say i am very sad as at least 4 Nissan GTR cars are competing…very very fast,lots of electronic wizardry to help traction. My car has to rely on a 50 year old Colin chapman design with a driver as old !! So 100 years joint experience should balance things up :astonished:

The TRCC have a Facebook page, I will try to find a link…sorry it’s all Chinese to me :noway: Here is a PIC of the area if you can read it? Yunlin HSR station construction area…

The TRCC facebook page (chinese so i am struggling) may have more info and a few maps. Link but not sure if it works. I will try to post more info tomorrow.

facebook.com/groups/168379266567264/

thanks for the map… eagerly waiting for more info…