Move to Taiwan residency - Marriage and foreign Spousal/Children to obtain a ARC or APRC

Wait. Now I am confused. Do you have a Taiwan passport?

A lot of your posts are contradictory. I want to help but we gotta establish some baseline facts.

Same thing with this.

1 Like

Yes I do. I have Taiwan passport
I am a Taiwanese citizen born in Taiwan

I’m also a Canadian citizen in canada and I have have an Canadian passport

My wife is the same scenario just except she’s from Vietnam

Hope this makes sense?

Are you a lawyer in Taiwan?
I am ok with this option as well. 20k cad

OK. You are not a foreigner in Taiwan. You do not have permanent residence here. Currently you are a NWOHR, a National without Household Registration. But unlike other NWOHR, you have the right to return.

You don’t want to get married. That’s OK.

It’s not relevant. Do not come to Taiwan with your Canadian Passport.

If you’re opening a business, it doesn’t matter where she is from. If she is a Canadian citizen with a university degree, she can likely teach English or do some jobs offered to English countries.

She can open a business with you if you REALLY do not want to get married. With the business, she can simply do work and charge people and offer receipts instead of traditional wage.

A common law legal union is a way to not get married but have it recognised. If you are married or even just common law, she can get open work rights and an easier time in Taiwan as your spouse.

If REALLY not willing to do common law legal union, You don’t have to spend the $500K TWD. But it has to go into the business account.

After three years the company needs to gross $3 Million TWD in sales, not income to get the second work permit. Some make up the difference by writing receipts or waiting to the third year to write the receipts and paying the tax. It’s not illegal but not the best either if you aren’t able to make that many sales. After 5 years she can get her APRC.

Here is the CPA I recommend and use. He speaks English. Rates are reasonable.

1 Like

Wow amazing this is great news, in Canada we are actually common law.

If we can provide this certificate and have Taipei office in canada to certify it. Can my wife apply ARC then without marriage and no 500k Invesment?

Should be good! I would definitely double check with the TECO and verify.

I had two friends that came as common law. So…

But don’t be afraid to double check.

Would you happen to know the word or term in Chinese traditional? For common law

Since if I go to Taiwan they may not know what it is unlike a marriage.

普通法婚姻

1 Like

Ty I will contact your CPA when I arrive Taiwan

1 Like