Movies That Make You feel Less Depressed After Watching Them

The Shanghai Noon / Shanghai Knights movies, too.

Dark Water (Honogurai mizu no soko kara). Sure, it has [url=http://www.mandiapple.com/snowblood/darkwater.htm]"some truly horrifying

After watching it, I have decided to boycott all Charleton Heston films. No Ben-Hur, no Soylent Green, no Planet of the Apes, no Nine Commandments (the Thou Shalt Not Kill thing has been conveniently omitted for his sake)…fucking gun-toting racist slimeball. Sorry about my language.

Oh yeah, and that quote was from Muriel’s Wedding. I don’t think Bowling for Columbine is a feel good movie although it might piss you off and make you think. Another feel good movie for everyone, Jackie Brown.

Bit Trouble in Little China

I’m all set for Christmas, because I just picked up It’s a Wonderful Life on DVD. It was at Sogo.

Hamburger Hill was on tv a few nights ago. I would say that was one of the most depressing Vietnam movies ever made.

down by law - tom waits, john lurie and roberto benigni

“Why d’ya kill a man, Bob? The guy didn’t like Walt Whitman?”

“I never asked this man if he liked Walt Whitman.”

Classic. First saw it in Saint Michel, Paris, with a Swedish chick named Maria in 1987. Cheap wine, the whole world just an extended thumb away, and a serious lesson in humanity.

Where did you find this movie? Looks like something I’d like to see.

Breaking Away

My vote’s for “Roman Holiday” with Audrey Hepburn; a classic worth watching. (In my case, again and again…)

Another one for ImaniOU:

Just hearing Porpoise Spit has me in stitches. Hilarious movie . . . but I’d guess you’d have to have grown up in Australia to appreciate how clever a send up it all was.

I’d also put Down By Law on this list too, and to be greedy: Stranger than Paradise . . . can I also sneak in Dead Man with Johnny Depp? Stuff it. I already did.

HG

Anything with Dame Edna

Oh–Hello!

If Sid James and crew in the several dozen Carry On … movies don’t cheer you up, then nothing will. It is priceless, timeless humor. You just have got to see them.

Good Will Hunting

Jackie Chan Movies (his hong kong ones)

I saw Punch Drunk Love the other day. It’s fantastic! P.T. Anderson is a genius.

An absolutely unparalleled film of optimism:
Life Is Beautiful

Roberto Benigni’s “La Vita e Bella”

Training Day

Frequency is on Star Movies. Possibly tonight, I did not pay much attention to the announcment. Thats agreat feel good movie.

Chou

Didn’t realize you were such a sensitive lil fella, cho.
I just saw Talk To Her, Pedro Almodovar.
Weird film, bit black, but I felt great at the end…and now I want to move to Spain