Movin' On

Your tips for getting irksome memories of a lost love outta your head please?

I catch myself thinking of a girl I finished up with a year ago (even though it wasn’t a particulary successful relationship, it lasted a couple years).

We try our best to have a polite friendship, but somehow the cyber-mudslinging start sooner or later (i’m not even on the island anymore).

So, I guess Tip 1 would be: break off all contact, if we can’t be cordial to each other. Tip 2 seems to have reasonable success: find another lass (or few) - Thailand’s great for that!

Tip 3 would be…?

Time is probably the best cure here. And reduced contact. It would be caddish to strike up a new friendship as a means to move on. Increased boozing is always a good option.

Have a good manly cry in a dark bedroom somewhere…
Getting over someone by getting on top of another comes with it’s own set of problems as well.

Occupy your time with something else and block her emails/IM for 6 months.

Clean break…

Look for the collective answer at the bottom of a thousand beer bottles?

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Have a good manly cry in a dark bedroom somewhere…
Getting over someone by getting on top of another comes with it’s own set of problems as well.

Occupy your time with something else and block her emails/IM for 6 months.[/quote]

Barring that silly last point, I like the ac_dropout in love very much. For what that’s worth. Blocking communication is for the soon to be stabbed.

And as an instinctive contrarian; “sex with the ex don’t count.”

But then again, I’m a serial cad with a bevvy of fine former lady friends that rather amazingly still like me warts and all - metaphorical not literal. I can’t believe my luck. Seriously!

HG

You meant to say increased consumption of green tea …right? :slight_smile:

erhu wrote

:laughing: That’s right. Late at night, and over-caffeinated from green tea, my typing fingers often slip back into bad old habits.

A bit of a bender with some mateys, and a bit of a jig at the club surrounded by nubile women usually works wonders.

I’ve met quite a few pleasant women since we finished up.

Clean break, I think that’s the key - no point exacerbating enflamed tensions.

It’s when I’ve got nothing to do, and twiddling my thumbs, that I catch myself ruing what went wrong.

Anyways, here’s to beers, benders and babes…

Moving on is hard - but no matter how good things were in the past there is usually no way to properly patch things up, and being friends is usually awkward or problematic in some way. Its true a clean break is best but a lot of us find that really hard to do and try to keep clinging on, even though we know theres no point.

I’m assuming it is not viable for you to slit her worthless throat, dumping her body in the desert to have the flesh ripped from her stinking carcass by jackals so that you can piss on her sun-bleached bones while drinking JD and howling with maniacal laughter?

If not, focus on yourself. Plot and scheme and work on your plan for world domination. Do loads of fun cool stuff so that when you think of her, you cringe at how lardy and boring you were then. Don’t focus on what’s wrong with the other. It ain’t your concern anymore and even though you are probably right, she ain’t going to accept your evaluation.

Think about why you want to ‘be friends’. What’s your motivation? What’s hers? Be honest. It’s probably a bit creepy.

I’m great friends with all my exes except the two that dumped me, as they don’t have souls (I’m assuming the Mephistopheles figure didn’t trust either of them enough to give them 28 years’ credit. Thought they would just do Helen and every other man, woman and beast in Troy with a pulse then welsh on the soul delivery deal). It took a bit of time, though.

Buttercup, succinct.

Post of the day!

There really is no point in pursuing a ‘friendship’ with her, since every second or third encounter ends in a spiteful spat.

Fish - ocean…

What do you do when it’s been. . .let’s see. . ., at least 12 years, and you’re both married to other people and both have kids, and you still can’t get him out of your head? Nothing’s happened. We’ve lived a world appart all this time. Have talked maybe twice in the last 6 years. Don’t wish any ill will for him or his marriage. He may be moving to the same small town soon. Sh*t, I hate to even think of it. I gotta cure myself before I curse myself! But if I’m not cured by now?

Well put - cure and curse, equally opposite, perfect contradiction.

To some degree that explains what I’ve put myself through, needlessly, for the last few months…

Not to highjack or anything, but Housecat…? You’ve got some unresolved issues. Maybe “BB” does too. But 12 years later, 2 marriages, and multiple offspring? Give us the real scoop.

That is what always gets you, those unresolved issues. Otherwise moving on would be easier, if it weren’t for those clingons.

So what’s really going on? It’s ok, let it out…both of you…

What has grabbed a hold of your soul and has not let go???

If you let it continue its’ grasp, surely you will go insane. For it lets us not think rationally anymore. It’s like a brain eating virus, and it will destroy you,…so let it out. Set it free.

JM

delete

Wow Quentin,

Where am I being judgemental?? I am only asking what’s going on. I have no idea what either of the parties have been through. How am I judging anyone?

Jimminy crickets Quentin, I am only trying to set Housecat free from those that still have a hold of her.

Goodness gracious Quentin, what is YOUR issue?

Holy buckets, me judgemental??

Don’t call me names or label me until you’ve had the extreme pleasure of actually meeting me.

Thanks, and now my question continues to those it was intended for…

This was going to be my second recommendation only keep the head as a souvenir.

With the application of some carefully considered and advanced taxidermy, it could also contnue to serve some discrete purpose.

HG

With the application of some carefully considered and advanced taxidermy, it could also contnue to serve some discrete purpose.

HG[/quote]

Aiyo! Take the teeth out.