Moving from Australia to Taiwan. Major Anxiety. Need opinions/advice

if you’ve never had Chinese nationality, you don’t need it.

If he was born in China to Chinese parents (he said he is Asian), and later naturalized as an Australian citizen, he would have had Chinese nationality but renounced it (or had it revoked), in which case wouldn’t he still need the 退出中华人民共和国国籍证书 or a document proving he is no longer a PRC citizen? I’m presuming he is a naturalized citizen as he has only lived in Australia for fifteen years. Apologies if I have assumed incorrectly.

Yes, if you’ve had Chinese nationality at one point in your life, you may be requested it.

If at least one of OP’s parents are Australian, [added: and non of them are Chinese] and OP was registered as an Australian in China, no need.

They’re not that similar (to me at least). Some simplified characters look nothing like the traditional counterpart.

Maybe you should enroll in a 1-year advanced Chinese language program if you’ve got nothing lined up.

If he only presents his Australian passport, and doesn’t tell them he was a PRC citizen before, would they even be able to find out? Probably not a good idea though, if they did find out they may think he is a spy.

If Australian passport says birthplace is China, it would be asked.

What travel document did he use to leave China and move to Australia?

OP could be an Chinese-Australian with an Australian passport born in China.

I changed from Chinese to Australian 15 years ago. But yes it does say my birthplace is China on my Australian passport.

Born in China may have different interpretations according to the CCP.

Posting boxes is the most economical but slow while airlines with limited services now provide unaccompanied luggage option. DHL etc is guaranteed fast delivery.

I’m not sure you’ll be able to get into the country if you don’t get a job offer first. Sounds like that’s what you need to work on…or plan to be long distance for a period of time until border restrictions ease.

For my browser at least, I just highlight the text I want to quote and then a quote button pops up. Click it and it adds it to your reply box. Continue as needed.

Then, you could expect some extra bureaucracy at TECO.

Fyi

Please be reminded with political tensions rising rapidly in the Taiwan strait now more serious scrutiny of application for any visas by the Taiwanese government would be expected especially with someone who was born in China with Chinese ethnicity and possible party membership of any family members and/or relatives.

Maybe the Taiwanese government would appreciate your return to China to contribute there instead of Taiwan???

I’ve been told to return to China to contribute and I’m happy to do it only if China treats me with the same human rights as any western democracies.

Trading Australian wages and conditions for Taiwan, it would want to be a good job your partner has secured.

Stephanie at Megatop for shipping your stuff. They do have a door to door service too.

Just to be clear: past salary is just one of the ways (not the only way) to get a Gold Card.

Cheers,
Guy

If video content creation is what you look to do when you take a break from desk jobs, then you might as well make that investment and buy the laptop. Even though the golden age of becoming a youtuber in Taiwan has passed, there might still be room for a unbiased oversea Chinese perspective of the island nation. To do that, you might need to do a bit of travel and you’ll need that laptop so you can still pump out videos on the road.

Nevertheless, you would still first need a job so you can get here and stay longer.

Yep that’s the plan

Red 2nd/3rd etc generations have an abundance of black money to burn. That’s how they migrate to Australia and elsewhere to launder clean all their fake money so it doesn’t matter how much they earn overseas.