Moving from Australia to Taiwan. Major Anxiety. Need opinions/advice

?

You don’t know the whole planet knows that???

Sssshhhhhh!! Omg shut up about it. No, not everyone knows. Let’s keep it that way!

Yes, you’ll find that while you are in Taiwan they will ask for all sorts of documents depending on what you are applying for. Many of these documents are impossible or extremely difficult to procure while inside Taiwan (i.e. a Police check signed by someone in a police station in Australia)

Its not too hard to get out of Australia, there is just a form you fill out with the border force, you tick a box saying “Traveling for more than 3 months” and attach some documents that prove this. (An obvious one would be a document proving you have a job offer)

I don’t think they care about the reason your are leaving, I just think they want you to sign at the bottom where it says in summary “The Australian government promises to not help you get back in to Australia, and will charge you lots of money for quarantine if you try to come back any time soon”

1 Like

Have you qualified as an FIAA? That’s a gold card category which you could apply under if you have.

I’m Australian too and I worked in the Accounting/Finance field in Taiwan for a few years. My Chinese definitely wasn’t fluent when I started working in Taiwan and I managed to find pretty decent job at a multinational.

I actually met an Australian who was working as an actuary a couple of years ago in Taipei, and they mentioned that there’s a bit of demand within the Big 4 firms, a lot of them end up getting their HK offices to assist with work due to lack of resources.

I’d probably set up a 104 profile and take a look at the jobs you see on there. I do warm you that Taiwan work culture isn’t great and was one of the reasons I returned to Australia. But everything else was fantastic, and I miss those aspects a lot.

1 Like

Are you a RED like him???

I wouldn’t be surprised if there are CCP spies on this forum.

You are violating my human right of freedom of expression.

Lol no, wrong side. The reds want me dead. That’s the problem. We are related to the imperial family and Hongxian emperor. That’s where the dirty money came from. Sssshhhhhh…