Moving Soon? Call Steven the Mover!

What would I do?? I would just use the cash money I saved by using the binglang mover to pay for a new and better wardrobe and still have lots of cash money left over for dinners at Alleycats.

Case closed!

panda wrote:

Well I, for one, have valuable works of original art and other prized possessions that I would not trust to the bin lung/Whisbey set with their usual level of attention to detail. The value of my things both in terms of money and sentiment would far exceed the price of the blue truck boy

Interlocutor wrote [quote]Well I, for one, have valuable works of original art and other prized possessions[/quote]

That’s the point I think; that is, how valuable one’s furniture and other belongings are. As for me, I have nothing of value so hiring the bin lang boys would not be too much of a risk.

[quote=“Interlocutor”]I’m a bit surprised also at where you want to spend your leftover cash for dinner as I thought the sauce as that particular locale was a bit too salty for you and you also had a problem with the management’s attitude about it.

Panda wrote:
The sauce is ok now. Last week I went and it tasted good again.

Your enthusiasm for badmouthing Steven seems similar. Sniff……sniff……do I smell an axe grinding?

Panda wrote:
I have never badmouthed Steven. Just giving some of the different options we have for movers.

I have no problem with that. In fact I used another mover for a short trip to move something I bought when I couldn

They pruned my messages, and I was only trying to let people know that my experience with Steve the Mover was not all that great, but I guess he is some kind of sponsor of the site. I hope he paid more than I did, I gave the site NT$1,200 last year. Hahahaha.

I pruned the thread of off-topic remarks, because most of it was negative speculation by industry outsiders on how much moving companies in general should charge.

Similarly, if one were to start a thread complaining about the price of western food in general in a thread devoted to people’s dining experiences at say, Grandma Nitti’s, I would flounder those comments also.

If you have something to say, positive or negative, about your experiences with Steven’s service, that’s great - your comments are welcomed. If you used a cheaper or more expensive guy and you want to talk about that, please start a new thread: A-wei the mover, or Mr. Wu the mover. If it’s not about Steven Chiang’s service (good or bad), it’s off-topic.

BTW, Steven the Mover is not an advertiser on Forumosa, nor has he ever donated money to Forumosa.

[color=blue]Steven the Mover[/color] was as distant from your normal betelnut-chewing shithead movers here as the Oort cloud is from our sun.
Reasonable price, courteous to a fault and careful.
***** stars

Another recommendation for Steven, he moved some stuff for me today. I called him out of curiousity and his quote was the same as my usual guys. Very nice guy, excellent English and excellent service.

Just curious…What was the stuff and what was the price?

Not particularly relevant, PM me if you really want to know. The quote I got was the same as my local movers, in Hsintien, and lower than I guessed it would be.

Grrr, where were you last year when I needed you? :laughing: I used Steven in 2002 when I moved to Chung Ho, but couldn’t find a number for him in 2005. Good to see he’s still around!

We just moved three full trucks of stuff. Steven and his guys were amazing, on time, friendly, careful and professional. They wrapped, hefted, covered with blankets, took down light fixtures, a ceiling fan and curtains. And put the curtains up in the new place.

Nothing that I know of was bumped, scratched, broken or left behind.

Highly recommend Steven. :bravo:

like to also add our praise for steve and co. amazing what those guys can do, and so quickly. and they are so careful.

I got a quote from Steven yesterday. I was just a bit shocked. I have been told by many Taiwanese that movers will pack your stuff for you as part of their service. I have a one bedroom apartment with living room stuff, a fridge, washer and a bedroom set. Also a desk three book cases. My quote was 12,000 to move 6 km from an elevator building to an elevator building. No packing included - but he will give us the boxes. I know many have had great luck with Steven so that’s why I called him. Perhaps the guy he sent around simply over-quoted. I don’t know but 12 grand for this somewhat small move seemed damn high to me and I plan on looking around before opening my wallet. No offense meant Steven but if the niche market through FORUMOSA provides the leads for you, I think it’s only fair to post a truly unbiased critique. Of course, I will share any other quotes and services that may be eventualy used.

That does sound excessive. Try some of the movers recommended by Tsui Mama.

That or get Steven to come over personally.

I moved from a place with an elevator to a VERY freaky 3 and 4F apartment that had a very small door…and some stuff had to be hoisted up by hand up to the balcony.

The movers were very professional, came over to check out my old and new place right away…

2 truckloads…about 10 minutes drive…NT$ 6000. Found the movers on Tsui Mama.

I used to move via an old man who did many runs for only NT$ 1000…but stopped because he took about 555 minutes to unload my matress by himself.

another BIG thumbs up for Steven.

nice guy, fast, safe, careful, thorough and professional.

a huge table, huge and heavy shelving, large coffee table, chairs, another desk and other stuff - da.an park area to muzha for $2,500.

brilliant.

oh yeah, stevens truck ISNT blue! :slight_smile:

Thanks to the info on this thread and IRL recommendations by Chris H and Bubba2Guns, I also went with Steve and I