Moving to taiwan to be with my girl

alright, alright, alright already…jeesh…have I been gone long enough yet? Haha! I am back! =)
I heard someone talking about duck farms…

Seriously to the OP, don’t worry too much. Taiwan is full of great things to experience including the people. Enjoy your life here as much as you can…if things don’t work out, then hey, it was an experience…all part of life, right? I do wish you all the best. Welcome to Taiwan!

(The duck farms are not all that bad…lets see, I’m going on a bit over 3 years now and still alive and well)

[quote=“Shearersheed”]i just read all that thread…took quite some time to read. It is hard to explain I understand what everyone says about the eyes and everything but…we seem to get on great. everything up to now has been fine, I have met her parents, I don’t intend to live with her parents, i understand the family ties in taiwan seem stronger than the uk, i really love her personality, if she went with someone else I would find them and kick seven shades of shite out of them (or attempt it, they may be bigger than me :smiley: ) but up to now everything has been great, we have loads in common, we have loads to talk about, we always chatting with eachother calling each other everything is great.

I get the impression the next step is being in the same country. She knows I would like to take it slow once I move there, I also understand that to stay with her I don’t have to piss off her family.

I have a very big feeling she is the one. There is only one way anyone kind find out if the person your with is really the one isnt there?

So plan is move to Taipei, my g/f will start off by staying over some nights, we can see how it goes. Then eventually she will move in if everything goes to plan.

I don’t have any time scale for this, I don’t think you can time scale this kind of thing. I think it is the first time mind you, that both my heart, and my head have been screaming at me YES YOU HAVE TO DO THIS!

and you cant not do something everything inside is telling you to do, or you will live with regret.

I wont come there till next year and I am getting excited now, some posts on here scare me but peoples experiances are all different and I have noticed not everyone has went and had a bad experiance a lot of guys and gals have went there and got married and are still living together.

now im blabbering sorry for going on, just reading this site is great help for me before I move to taipei[/quote]

You’re brave. Best of luck!

[quote=“Nevernude”][quote=“Shearersheed”]i just read all that thread…took quite some time to read. It is hard to explain I understand what everyone says about the eyes and everything but…we seem to get on great. everything up to now has been fine, I have met her parents, I don’t intend to live with her parents, i understand the family ties in taiwan seem stronger than the uk, i really love her personality, if she went with someone else I would find them and kick seven shades of shite out of them (or attempt it, they may be bigger than me :smiley: ) but up to now everything has been great, we have loads in common, we have loads to talk about, we always chatting with eachother calling each other everything is great.

I get the impression the next step is being in the same country. She knows I would like to take it slow once I move there, I also understand that to stay with her I don’t have to piss off her family.

I have a very big feeling she is the one. There is only one way anyone kind find out if the person your with is really the one isnt there?

So plan is move to Taipei, my g/f will start off by staying over some nights, we can see how it goes. Then eventually she will move in if everything goes to plan.

I don’t have any time scale for this, I don’t think you can time scale this kind of thing. I think it is the first time mind you, that both my heart, and my head have been screaming at me YES YOU HAVE TO DO THIS!

and you cant not do something everything inside is telling you to do, or you will live with regret.

I wont come there till next year and I am getting excited now, some posts on here scare me but peoples experiances are all different and I have noticed not everyone has went and had a bad experiance a lot of guys and gals have went there and got married and are still living together.

now im blabbering sorry for going on, just reading this site is great help for me before I move to taipei[/quote]

You’re brave. Best of luck![/quote]

thanks for that I dont feel so brave really. I just feel it is something I need to do, to find out if we can make the next step in our relationship as it can really go no further than what we have now. That is also in no way a complaint, its just distance makes it this way, so move near her and be together. Then we will really find out if our relationship can last because when i first move there I wont really know any one apart from her and her friends. I will make friends obviously though. I will need drinking buddies to watch the game too like preferbly fellow Newcastle fans which I know will be in short supply out there, but everywhere I go there is always someone else either from Newcastle or supports Newcastle that I bump into and we always end up having a right good chin wag. ha!

snip

Yes I concur N. The lad is ready for action. The spaceship has been put on retro and he will be beamed down in due course. Forget the Sirens of Titan, look out for the Sirens of Taiwan.

There will be NO escape !!. But hes a lucky fellow, hes about to experience being young on the rock. How bad can it be? Just dont be drunk and riding a moto.

:smiley:

[quote=“Quarters”]alright, alright, alright already…jeesh…have I been gone long enough yet? Haha! I am back! =)
I heard someone talking about duck farms…

Seriously to the OP, don’t worry too much. Taiwan is full of great things to experience including the people. Enjoy your life here as much as you can…if things don’t work out, then hey, it was an experience…all part of life, right? I do wish you all the best. Welcome to Taiwan!

(The duck farms are not all that bad…lets see, I’m going on a bit over 3 years now and still alive and well)[/quote]

welcome back Quarters. Fill us in on whats goin on with you.

Best of luck!

It’s not a good idea to live with her parents to start out with though!
It’s nice to have your own little space!
There are many many fun things and experience in Taiwan.
Enjoy your stay here, however long it may be

[quote=“N1848N”]Sometimes you read these stories, and think, this has got train wreck written all over it, but in this case, I would say no. The lad carried out not one but two recon missions to get a better sense, not of what he knows, but, of what he doesn’t know. Has a plan B and knows he has to finish university first. I sense no dependents, no vast material wealth to be squandered, and is probably young enough to recover should he put it down on the tarmac gear up with bent props, and sparks shooting everywhere.

The risks are undeniably high, the path to ruin and hearbreak well trod before him. Still. If I had to do everything all over again, I would do this in a heartbeat. The Gods have given you a chance. Being Gods and mischievous, they may have shown you sucker bait, and they may have shown you the pathway to heaven, no way to tell except use cast your eye to the sky, judge the wind, and do what you heart tells you is right. Good luck to ya, man, may your dreams come true for yourself and for all those for whom their dreams did did not. And if misfortune befall ye, you’ve plenty of company that will share a glass or two or ten with ya, and will want to hear your whole story.[/quote]

your right, i did do 2 reconisance missions to check out what I didnt know, i have no wealth to be pissed away, no dependants doing what they do and depending on me, i have my back up plan of finishing uni incase it all goes tits up. and i suppose i am at an age where if it does go wrong i can safely recover.

cheers for all the postive encouragement and comments. I know taiwan is not everyones cup of tea but each time i have been there i have loved it, or is this just because i have some incentive to be there?

just to give you all an update my girlfriend will be visiting me in the uk in jan before i move to taiwan how cool is that :slight_smile:

Glad its all panning out for ya. Aint heard from you here in awhile. Fill us in on more details later, keep us up to speed on ur soap :slight_smile:

i will get you up too details when i get home from work to how it is working out. everything is still fine and long distance but i am at work and have to go back
so ill let you know things later my tommy man. adios. or should that be zia jian.

January?
Is that 5 months from now?
I know the barcodes went down, and Mike is dicking you about, and the toon is full of skanky lookin chicks, but mate… Are you serious?

[quote=“almas john”]Welcome to Forumosa sheep shearer,
Yes, you should definitely finish the degree. Otherwise, you’d be unemployable here on the island.
There are a few chaps on this site who came to Taiwan to bed with their Taiwanese love units. In most cases things didn’t work out and most of them are now broken wrecks of men, drunkards working deadend ESL jobs, too far gone to ever go back to civilisation. But then again, you could be lucky. Just don’t blame me if 20 years hence, you find yourself in some shitty little corrugated-iron shack passing as a school, staggering around drunk in a Santa outfit (three sizes too small) while a mob of seven-year-olds claw at you shouting for candy.[/quote]

CLASSIC POST NOMINATION

whats this about avoiding duck farms… any link to that thread/page reference?

[quote=“maunaloa”][quote=“almas john”]Welcome to Forumosa sheep shearer,
Yes, you should definitely finish the degree. Otherwise, you’d be unemployable here on the island.
There are a few chaps on this site who came to Taiwan to bed with their Taiwanese love units. In most cases things didn’t work out and most of them are now broken wrecks of men, drunkards working deadend ESL jobs, too far gone to ever go back to civilisation. But then again, you could be lucky. Just don’t blame me if 20 years hence, you find yourself in some shitty little corrugated-iron shack passing as a school, staggering around drunk in a Santa outfit (three sizes too small) while a mob of seven-year-olds claw at you shouting for candy.[/quote]

CLASSIC POST NOMINATION[/quote]

I SECOND ON THAT! :bravo:

[quote=“TomHill”]January?
Is that 5 months from now?
I know the barcodes went down, and Mike is dicking you about, and the toon is full of skanky lookin chicks, but mate… Are you serious?[/quote]

yes January I don’t mind but I know some people would. I’m quite excited about it all to be honest

ok as i promised a quick update, even though they aint so much to tell to be fair. She is coming here in Jan, and I am working to save some cash for moving there and for when she comes here, we still speak everyday and txt a lot. My phone bill is bigger than normal but not huge cos I call her from skype and only txt from the mobile. Everything is still going to plan and I sense a happy ending in the offing.

ok as i promised a quick update, even though they aint so much to tell to be fair. She is coming here in Jan, and I am working to save some cash for moving there and for when she comes here, we still speak everyday and txt a lot. My phone bill is bigger than normal but not huge cos I call her from skype and only txt from the mobile. Everything is still going to plan and I sense a happy ending in the offing.[/quote]
She’s going to actually set foot in Newcastle? I sense a complete breakdown. Can’t you rent a flat in, say, Surrey or someplace? And pretend that’s where you come from?

ok as i promised a quick update, even though they aint so much to tell to be fair. She is coming here in Jan, and I am working to save some cash for moving there and for when she comes here, we still speak everyday and txt a lot. My phone bill is bigger than normal but not huge cos I call her from skype and only txt from the mobile. Everything is still going to plan and I sense a happy ending in the offing.[/quote]
She’s going to actually set foot in Newcastle? I sense a complete breakdown. Can’t you rent a flat in, say, Surrey or someplace? And pretend that’s where you come from?[/quote]

lol you cheeky fucker :laughing: there is nothing wrong with Newcastle she has been here twice before when she lived in Sweden i’ll have you know.

Why the hell would I want to say i’m from surrey? ha/

anyway we are going to have a 2 and a half week trip round Europe while she is here like visiting her friends and the family she stayed with in Sweden.

I dunno, man. I drove past Newcastle with the wife one time on the way down to York, and she slapped me about the head for it. And we didn’t even come off the A1.