Mpox (Monkeypox) 🙈 nasty!

When does the vaccine get released? That is all I care about.

1 Like

I’m sure they already had it in development before the pox was released. Moderna probably filed the patents in 2018.

2 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus Funny Pictures etc. (political too) 2022 edition

How would gay sex be any different from straight sex when it comes to transmission of a disease that spreads through broken skin? Straight sex would be just as likely (if not more) to spread the disease

1 Like

Anal. There’s more bleeding going on.

4 Likes

What are the main risks of anal sex?

Penetrative anal sex has a higher risk of spreading STIs than many other types of sexual activity.

This is because the lining of the anus is thin and can be easily damaged, which makes it more vulnerable to infection.

Just want to clarify that I am not an NTU doctor. I was just repeating what I read on the bbc/ guardian concerning the people who have caught it so far and the link between them. Most have been gay men, bisexual men and other men who have sex with men. I don’t know who the third group are…prisoners?

2 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Not mokeypox

4 Likes

LOL.

Incredible that guy even still has a job at the university that doesn’t involve cleaning the toilets.

2 Likes

Told you COVID wasn’t the last one. But it seems the forecast is even worse.

Interesting article:

“Even under the most optimistic climate scenarios, the coming decades will see roughly 300,000 first encounters between species that normally don’t interact, leading to about 15,000 spillovers wherein viruses enter naive hosts.”

2 Likes

The CCP planned to fight WWIII with Bioweapons, probably what the Zika, recent Measles surge, Covid, and now Monkey Pox is.

Also just realized that replacing “Climate Change” with “Chinese Communist Party” actually makes a lot of sense. Works for every headline there

China locked down its borders and is preventing citizens from leaving, just in time for new disease outbreaks… hmmm

I guess it’s easy to forecast things if you’re causing them to happen.

Er…

Haven’t we seen this before somewhere?

The virus doesn’t pass very easily between people, however, transmission can occur via contact with bodily fluids, blisters or scabs, or getting close enough to breathe in large airborne droplets

And the UK is now up to 20 cases

Sounds like the mask manufacturers aren’t happy about their machines standing idle.

2 Likes

Can anyone tell me if the people saying this is a conspiracy are serious (including them)? Hard to tell nowadays.

1 Like

If you’re referring to me, I’m not sure if it’s a conspiracy as such, although the WHO (and a few other self-appointed masters of the universe) have published what amounts to a series of working papers for creating an interminable stream of health scares over the next few years and securing their control over the planet as and when they announce them. Can it still be a “conspiracy” if the agencies involved tell you what they’re going to do in excruciating detail?

More importantly, I think humanity has just collectively lost the plot. Why the hell are we obsessed with this nonsense? We’re all still alive - in fact there are more of us this year than there were in 2019 - but in the interval we’ve done a whole bunch of stuff that has set humanity on a path to destruction, involving mundane things like food shortages, energy descent, and financial collapse. Getting the pox is going to be the least of anybody’s worries.

2 Likes

The problem is the virus is not behaving as it usually does. It is not supposed to multiply at this rate. It is reaching populations it hadn’t before.

Just like SARS 1.0 that was more restricted to an area and faded fast but SARS 2.0 roamed the world and keeps on mutating.

Plus we have an immunologically compromised population that had COVID. Waiting for natural immunity to defeat, not only face, something it has never faced before and hence does not have the tools is nonsense.

But greater nonsense is to politicize something that affects the whole world. Unless you are one of the illuminati/New World Order/lizard people crowd, to think global distraction by virus is actually thought out… Mind you, of course politicians will use and abuse this junction but to say anything further us giving them too much credit.

4 Likes

Good movie, for those who haven’t seen it.

1 Like

China’s probably going through the Virus & Disease “Greatest Hits” Catalog and aerosolizing them. With CRISPR technology and the discovery of the spike proteins that latch onto humans more easily, China could theoretically target specific ethnic groups and not have to rely on virus jumping from animals beforehand for gain of function, etc.

Sound crazy? Probably. Then again, an airborne virus did spread out of Wuhan in 2019 and has so far infected …(checks website) … 526 Million people, and killed 6.3 Million, and plunged the world economies and supply chains into long term disarray - I would have called that insane conspiracy if someone floated the possibility back in 2019, but here we still are, approaching 3 years after its spread.