Mrs. Field's Cookies are now in Taiwan

Where him was selling ?
Night markets or similar

Are these properly soft-baked cookies like you’d get in an American mall or do they bake them into rocks like at Subway here?

There are few things more disappointing to me than getting a chocolate chip cookie from Subway and then realising they baked it to a crisp because Taiwanese people can’t eat cookies that don’t chip their teeth.

You must really be out in the sticks. All the cookies I’ve bought at Taipei Subways have been pretty moist.

2 Likes

I’ve only ever bought Subway cookies in Taipei – Songshan airport, Gongguan, Wanfang hospital…never fail to disappoint. And then a few months go by and I think “I’ll try again”. And I remember why I don’t buy Subway cookies here…

1 Like

Weird. I think their sandwiches are a little gross, but I’ve always had good luck with the cookies. Are you going at off hours? Or maybe you’re just unlucky.

2 Likes

In the “not Mrs. Fields cookies” news…these remind me of festering wounds.

2 Likes

I just tried one. They’re the real deal, soft and chewy.

6 Likes

Tell them to warm them like they do the cheese on the bread. Softens them up nicely.

1 Like

Hey they are even advertising in English on ICRT radio.

Their cookies are only “good” by low Taiwanese standards. And how good they are depends on who is baking them that day. The shittier Subway workers bake them to a crisp, while others do them properly. This is part of the reason I avoid one bad Subway in particular (they also find a way to fuck up the sandwiches (the bread is always soggy)… I don’t even know how they mess that up).

1 Like

I find soft cookies disgusting.

I generally really dislike English pastries but I like scones.

damn, I always thought this was a Chicago or Midwest thing…

And you also think Korean food in Taiwan is A-OK. Nuff said.

1 Like

No I said I hate Korean food. :roll:

Oops, sorry. You’re right. You said the Thai food here is fine…which is even worse. :sunglasses:

Or maybe you just have a bad taste.

1 Like

Ooh, shit. This is way too much @gain before I have my coffee…

4 Likes

Is @Gain from Brooklyn?

I picture @Gain talking with a heavy accent and walking around busting everyone’s balls all day. Someone who finds true happiness in anger.

2 Likes

@Gain is Taiwan born and bred. Not sure about the accent. :thinking:

“Hate” is a strong word. Then again, judging from your previous comments, I guess it’s only to be expected.