Mrs. Field's Cookies are now in Taiwan

why waiting in line
https://yc-gm.company.site/奶油餅乾(來自17世紀的老味道)-Shortbread-cookies-17th-century-old-recipe-p238315165

I see your bean paste, and raise it to the dreaded pork floss! :rofl:

Guy

2 Likes

In a cookie? That’s beyond the pale… :dizzy_face:

no

1 Like

It’s so sad that this is true…

1 Like

Marking Director: “Mrs Fields… ach… you need to change-a for Taiwanese taste buds-ah. May I suggest dried egg yolk inside chocolate chip cookie?”

2 Likes

It’s nice of your student, but a little ironic she wrote she hopes you’re healthy on top of a giant sugar bomb.

3 Likes

Now that doesn’t sound half bad. :grin:

3 Likes

:nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

We could always add dried squid or seaweed to balance the flavor.

1 Like

LOL, never thought of that. But yeah, she wrote that because of some recent heart issues of mine. Getting older, yadda yadda.

3 Likes

I raise you last year’s left over moon cakes donated to the office.

Karen’s Cookies are great too

so what was in it? cookie mooncakes? i could get behind that.

This is the address in the article. Looks like the same upper windows on the Mrs Fields picture.

Time: 10:00-21:30

No. 243, Section 3, Zhongxiao E Rd, Da’an District, Taipei City, 106
https://goo.gl/maps/LNK6cb7kDUKyd9rf7

1 Like

So true my mate was making sweet fruit scones with homemade jam, they sold OK to the locals for a short while.
He says I’ll try em on cheese scones, everyone including Taiwanese say no won’t work here.
How fucking wrong was they, little bit of Parmesan, English cheddar from Costco, less milk, less butter no sugar.
Admittedly was good, Taiwanese loved em. Sold like hot cakes.
Shame he’s gone for a short while, but is returning and will be doing Curry paste he’s tested at this time.

1 Like

It’s not like everybody has the same tastes lol.
Some people like sweet…And some will never get into it. Or actively avoid cos they don’t want to get diabetes or gain weight.
People need to stop getting sucked into stereotypes . And I know that’s kind of what you mean :sunglasses:.

1 Like

Different countries have different flavours they are accustomed to.
My gf can’t get her head around the fact that English people wouldn’t want to eat desserts with Red bean, Condensed milk, Mung bean, Green tea, soggy peanuts, no flavour dou hua and sesame seeds.
And likewise she’s not interested in milk chocolate, mint, strawberry, vanilla flavours ect.

How about some onions… i opened up a box of moon cakes that someone gifted my gf and took big bite assuming there were green bean or something good.
Spit the bite out all over the floor.
Most horrid thing ever vegetarian onion and duck eggs cakes oh and sugar of course…

Mrs fields now thats some good shit.
Memories from walking in a mall , maybe orange juilus Will come next …they put raw eggs in a fruit drink!!

…regifted :sunglasses: