Mrs. Field's Cookies are now in Taiwan

I hope for white chocolate and macadamia nuts!!
Im going Saturday night for sweet run

Another cheat day destination provided by Forumosa.

1 Like

You’re welcome.

they are shite mate. PropA shite.

link me up

Seems their opening was a big deal.

The website has brownies and lots of other flavors of cookies, but when I went today, they only had four or five kinds of cookies on offer.

1 Like

How much are they?

35 a piece.

1 Like

I had a pretty solidly 'murican brownie from Woolloomooloo in Songshan. I’m not sure if they were just straight from a boxed Godiva brownie mix though…

Doubtful it was from a mix, that Woolloomooloo guy does a lot of his own baking. He bakes his own sourdough, at least he did at one point, so he would know his way around a brownie recipe.

3 Likes

Agree with bdog. Woolloomooloo is a solid outfit. It doesn’t serve industrial / factory made baking.

Guy

3 Likes

I did love the Wooloomooloo brownies, I was just suspicious because they tasted so much like good American brownies. And I think I had carrot cake from there once? Someone brought them to an event. So I’m satisfied believing that they were both from scratch. My point is, solid Western baked goods available if you know where to look!

1 Like

There’s a Facebook page now, with information and menus and stuff. (Stupid friggin’ Facebook, no I do NOT want to log in, there’s a reason I had all my devices forget my Facebook password, I just want to find a damn address but companies don’t care about having straightforward websites anymore and are instead always with the devil company! Oops, sorry, got distracted.)

Address is as @tango42 said above: 台北市大安區忠孝東路三段243號 / No. 243, Section 3, Zhongxiao East Road.

Looks like they’re at least planning to have brownies, even if they’re not available yet.

2 Likes

They have failed so far to make a Google Maps listing. Duh. Not because of this, but I predict failure, shop shrinkage, or move to a new location within 18-24 months.

Is that how that’s done? The company has to file one? I’ve been curious about that because I’ve got some places marked as “To visit” in Google Maps, and they’ve been just an address, with Google not recognizing a restaurant, for months or perhaps even years.

Krispy Kreme seems to be doing OK, in that they’ve opened multiple branches, but their first one in Xinyi is certainly much smaller than it once was, with no lines.

They’re on Apple Maps. Or at least this looks like it’s about the address:

I think anyone can start a listing but of course the company has the most interest in doing so.

1 Like

Are you going during the weekends? Every time I’m there on a Sat or Sunday, the line goes outside.

Oh, that’s a good point. Nope. I’m only there on weekdays.

Here they do from handmake cookies