MRT blue line extension: opening soon?

My local MRT station has put up new maps with the new stations.

Good for you … finally you’re gonna know where you will end up … :roflmao:

Now that the 6 station extension south-west on the blue line is opening…

1. What is out there? Seems like “birds don’t shit or die there” (what’s the chinese for that).
    Actually, the first new stop, at Banqiao, could be handy for Taipei County household registration,
    and for connecting to the high speed rail.
    Also the second new stop could be handy to visit that tourist magnet, Lin Family Garden.
    But beyond that, not sure…

2. When and where is the next MRT extension to open?
    The high speed rail (only as far as Banqiao), they say October.
    (Starting new sticky thread for the witty replies about how it will be late).

[quote]Now that the 6 station extension south-west on the blue line is opening…

1. What is out there? Seems like “birds don’t shit or die there” (what’s the Chinese for that).
    Actually, the first new stop, at Banqiao, could be handy for Taipei County household registration,
    Also the second new stop could be handy to visit that tourist magnet, Lin Family Garden.

(Starting new sticky thread for the witty replies about how it will be late).[/quote]

Brings you closer to Sanxia and the Belgian cafe :slight_smile:

The other six stops look like they’re ready except for a little landscaping. I see that the escalators are operational and the fellows going in and out seem to be more of the maintenance worker variety than the construction worker variety. I’m sure they already have old women installed in the mens washrooms to make waiguorens uncomfortable when they are trying to take a leak and everything. When the “Banqaio” MRT opens I’ll be able to get the MRT after a 5 minute walk. Cool. No reason to ride that nasty motorcycle in Taipei anymore…

[quote=“Toe Tag”]Now that the 6 station extension south-west on the blue line is opening…

1. What is out there? Seems like “birds don’t shit or die there” (what’s the Chinese for that).
    But beyond that, not sure [/quote]

There is not that much of interest in Tucheng. However, the last station on the line, Yongning, is close to Chengtian Chan Temple. There are some nice hiking trails in that area.

I will update the Banqiao and Tucheng page of my website once the new MRT line is open. I will add details of how to get to the places mentioned from the new MRT stations and perhaps add a few more places as well.

It’s a shame that I’m moving back to the States at the beginning of July and won’t be able to enjoy the convenience of the new MRT stations … not that there’s really anything out that way that would cause me to use it, but still … sigh

:s

Where is that? Sanxia?

According to that link provided earlier by Dragoneye, you can jump on the new Blue Line extension tomorrow for a test run and see where it goes and what’s out there.

[quote][quote]Now that the 6 station extension south-west on the blue line is opening…

(Starting new sticky thread for the witty replies about how it will be late).[/quote]

Brings you closer to Sanxia and the Belgian cafe :slight_smile:[/quote]
How close?
Can you give directions?

I don’t want to know that badly. :wink:

But if it’s close to Sanxia it would make it easy for us to get out there for hikes.

I don’t want to know that badly. :wink:

But if it’s close to Sanxia it would make it easy for us to get out there for hikes.[/quote]

All this sounds all familiar. I moved out to Beitou in the spring of 1991. I was assured that the red Line would open in early 1992. “Look, the station and the tracks are all ready.” Which they were, but service didn’t begin until years later (1997?)

[quote=“Muzha Man”][quote=“wix”]

There is not that much of interest in Tucheng. However, the last station on the line, Yongning, is close to Chengtian Chan Temple. There are some nice hiking trails in that area.

[/quote]

Where is that? Sanxia?[/quote]

The Chengtian Chan Temple is actually in Tucheng. To get to the start of the walking trail at the base of the mountains is only about one kilometre from the Yongning Station. Next time I go there I will check the exact route from the station to the walking trail and post details here and on my website. The temples there are not particularly special but it is a nice place for hiking.

Sounds good. More hiking trails accessible by MRT. Whatta city!

If I took a bus or taxi from Yongning to Sanxia, how long would it take? In other words, will this be a viable route for Taipei people going to Sanxia?

I am not sure of the exact time from Yongning Station to Sanxia. I guess around 15-20 minutes. It will be faster than crawling through Banqiao and Tucheng on a bus. But the fastest way to Sanxia is to take bus 910 from Xinpu Station which goes via the expressway.

Well, the MRT line to Tucheng opened today. If you are travelling on the blue line you will see that trains heading west have their destination as Yongning instead of Xinpu.

Just noticed that today. Six more stations!!

I’ll have to go out to Yongning and see what’s out there.

RT Mart is a 5 minute walk from Yongning Station. Also, you can walk up the lane next to the 7-11 across from Yongning Station and it will intersect many great trails and eventually put you at the large temple on the mountain. A beutiful way to spend a few hours. Clean air and peaceful.

The new buslines from Sanxia to Tucheng have just been set up and I got a detailed map of how they go …

It’s only in Chinese and from what I can make up the bus # B46 will pass in front of our eatery …

There is also a bus going to Ingge …

[quote=“Chris”]Just noticed that today. Six more stations!!

I’ll have to go out to Yongning and see what’s out there.[/quote]

Maybe we should go there on Saturday for a hike and then lunch/dinner at Belgium Pie’s?