MRT blue line extension: opening soon?

And the nice thing they go from 6:00 - 24:00 H :laughing:

'“belgian pie
Time to Marry a Local”

Already did that …

[quote=“Muzha Man”][quote=“Chris”]Just noticed that today. Six more stations!!

I’ll have to go out to Yongning and see what’s out there.[/quote]

Maybe we should go there on Saturday for a hike and then lunch/dinner at Belgium Pie’s?[/quote]
I would be up for that!

[quote=“Chris”][quote=“Muzha Man”][quote=“Chris”]Just noticed that today. Six more stations!!

I’ll have to go out to Yongning and see what’s out there.[/quote]

Maybe we should go there on Saturday for a hike and then lunch/dinner at Belgium Pie’s?[/quote]
I would be up for that![/quote]

Great. I am going to post it over in Events.

By the way, BP, what’s the name of the closest bus stop to your restaurant?

Or how much would a taxi from Yongning cost?

Heads up on stations south of Far Eastern Hospital Station. If you are going further south, there are two different trains. One terminates at Far Eastern Hospital. The sign on the side of the train will state the terminal station. If you want to go further south, watch for the Yongning Station marque in the station on the ramp, or on the side of the train. If you happen to get on the wrong one, simply get off at Far Eastern and wait for the next through train. Same ramp - no exit - etc.

Thanks.

I have no idea about the names, I guess they stop right in front of my place or if you take the wrong bus it’s a stop on the corner of Jiexiou and Datung Rd’s.

If the new buses already go it’s b46 that’passes by here … according to the maps I posted before

BP, thanks for the great lunch today. So sad to hear you are closing.

wix, excellent place. Really walker friender. I will go back often.

[quote=“gcat”]Off topic, I know, but Zhengda swimming pool is open. Until the 19th of June it is free for students and staff, and not open to the public. After than 40NT for students, and 150NT for the public.

It’s open 6am-10pm except Sundays (6am-6pm)[/quote]

WHere’s the Zhenda Swimming pool?

The Zhengda swimming pool is at Zhengzhi University (National Chengchi University). It’s in Muzha at the foot of the mountain where Zhinangong is. The uni website is nccu.edu.tw/english/nccu_map.htm.

You can take buses 530, 236, Brown 11, Brown 6, Green 1, 282, 237, Zhinan 3, Zhinan 6 (off the top of my head). Some of these go past the zoo MRT. Some of them come from Xindian or Gongguan. If you want more precise directions, PM me.

I was pleasantly surprised the other day to see the extensions to the Blue line beyond Xinpu are now complete.

How close is the new Panqiao stop to the Panqiao Train Station area? Is it right in that complex?

[quote=“Flicka”]How close is the new Panqiao stop to the Panqiao Train Station area? Is it right in that complex?[/quote]Just outside, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s an underground walkway ala Taipei Main Station.

I’ve noticed that most trains don’t go all the way to Yongning, most only seem to go to the Far Eastern Hospital stop.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“Flicka”]How close is the new Panqiao stop to the Panqiao Train Station area? Is it right in that complex?[/quote]Just outside, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s an underground walkway ala Taipei Main Station.

I’ve noticed that most trains don’t go all the way to Yongning, most only seem to go to the Far Eastern Hospital stop.[/quote]

Yes, Belgian Pie said there is an underground walkway just like at Taipei Main Station.

Yes, not all trains go to Yongning. But I only waited a few minutes for a connection on Saturday at the Far East Station. Did you people know the whole route is underground? I thought it was raised for some reason. Too bad, the view would be good.

BTW, just a few minutes walk from the Yongning station is a Nougat Museum! :astonished:

[quote=“Muzha Man”]

BTW, just a few minutes walk from the Yongning station is a Nougat Museum! :astonished:[/quote]

what in god’s name is a nougat museum???

[quote=“delieadalish”]what in god’s name is a nougat museum???[/quote]Hmmmmm :homer: nooooougat…

oh you would … you peptopinkshake boy… :smiley: seriously what the hell would a nougat museum be??? the history of nougat?!?

There’s only one way to find out. After the next hike in that area I promise I will sample the exhibits at said museum, drink of the knowledge it offers, and savor the sweet fruit of satisfied intellectual curiosity.