Murder in front of ATT4FUN

[quote=“jesus80”][quote=“tommy525”]
The rest, including the perp with the rich dad is going to get off relatively lightly. The Gang will be VERY VERY VERY well compensated.[/quote]
uhm?[/quote]

1. The convener of the event’s 50 attendees is an hijo de papi. His Dad is filthy rich, kid spends his life night club hopping and “making friends”.

2. Such "friends’ as it seems include “powerful people”, in this case, mafia or hei dao as they are known here. Organized crime deals with police directly, as can be seen in the above pictures. They can also be friends of his father’s, as every big businessman here needs them on his good side or else. Probably both.

3. If someone has to go to prision, gangs usually designate/ask for volunteers. The appointees will receive a pension when they get out, as will their families. Tommy states the money will come from the convener’s rich dad. And he will have to pay compensation to the hei dao for taking care of the “problem”.

4. The appointees going to prison on behalf of this rich kid may face death penalty, if the police’s case is declared so, since he was a police officer, after all. Given the connections involved, color me skeptic.

There is a distinction be made between organized crime syndicates and petty thugs. Interestingly, I’ve had some mixed up conversations with Taiwanese people about this, as the few I’ve spoken to about it think “gangster” applies broadly to any tough people who like to cause trouble. This came about during the protests earlier this year when I heard that “gangsters” were harassing the crowd early on… and not the White Wolf and his actual gang, either, but just stupid punk kids on scooters with fireworks and what-not.

A friend is saying now that another friend (who’s friends with a famous club’s owner) told him that the cop was lured into the club because they planned on killing a cop, as a message saying “how clueless police is”. Honestly, it sounds pretty silly to me, but well, it seems that some people believe that.

I don’t believe it because: a) the message was totally unnecessary b) the means of the message was unnecessary and has known undesirable consequences and c) the message totally failed: no one is saying that cops are unskilled for getting killed by 50 people.

Honestly, I want to see martial law in clubs and streets. Fuck the punks and gangs that are always messing around.

(Shit, I sound like an old fart!)

[quote=“Xeno”]
There is a distinction be made between organized crime syndicates and petty thugs. Interestingly, I’ve had some mixed up conversations with Taiwanese people about this, as the few I’ve spoken to about it think “gangster” applies broadly to any tough people who like to cause trouble. This came about during the protests earlier this year when I heard that “gangsters” were harassing the crowd early on… and not the White Wolf and his actual gang, either, but just stupid punk kids on scooters with fireworks and what-not.[/quote]

There IS a distinction between crime syndicates and petty thugs–but they’re all lumped into one category we all label “gangster”. A gangster to some may mean a spiffy looking guy with a machine gun tucked in his trench coat. To others, a gangster is a tatted up Mexican kid with his pants hanging down to his ankles and his glock barely hidden. In Taiwan, you have both. The higher ups at the top of the ladder tell the ones at the bottom of the ladder to do their bidding. Usually the ones at the bottom are the “stupid punk kids on scooters with fireworks”. Sometimes they are the geeks and nerds still in their school uniforms smoking around the corner.

I remember one time I went to hoop with one of my friends here and he introduced me to one of his friends. The guy was skinny. No visible tattoos. Smiled a lot. Educated. Real nice guy. My friend also told me he was one of the higher ups of one of the larger gangs in Taipei, which surprised me because I would have never guessed. Out here, you see the obvious ones–intimidating guys with their arms, body and neck covered in tattoos, but its the geeks you better not end up messing with. They usually don’t act tough and are smart enough not to draw attention to themselves. The ones acting up and “playing gangster” are usually the ones at the bottom of the ladder, who would drop down to their knees at the sight of anyone higher than them. Its this reason why I’ve learned to keep to myself and not get into trouble with any of the locals while I’m here because you never know if you will end up punching the wrong guy.

focustaiwan.tw/news/asoc/201409150007.aspx

“the city government has vowed to institute a system to check on nightclubs in the Xinyi District.”

Well that’s the problem solved then.

chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/loca … beaten.htm

[quote]‘Fixer’ of Nightlife Establishments

Reports indicate that Hsueh had been suspected of working as a dispute mediator on behalf of Xinyi District nightlife establishments. Two years ago, Hsueh was accused of convincing a victim of a nightclub beating to settle out of court and avoid filing charges. According to the victim’s mother, Hsueh had urged them to settle out of court, as the thugs who had beaten his son were working under the wing of the police detective. Hsueh was issued an administrative reprimand for the incident, but the charge did not stop his involvement with nightclubs, which some say ultimately led to his recent death.

TV reports suggest that Hsueh had insulted certain mob figures in his dealings with the nightclub businesses, who ordered the assault and subsequent killing of the detective.[/quote]

[quote=“ehophi”]I’ve discovered that the only dance clubs where Taiwanese men demonstrate even a modicum of good behavior are those where Taiwanese people are the minority (the Latin clubs, the regular places with Latin event nights, the expat bars with dance floors, etc.). [/quote] They tend to behave themselves in gay bars – they wouldn’t want to get in trouble and be outed!

Chinese Taipei PD is obviously corrupted. The Tiaozi/Diböah’e themselves are full of gangsters and are involved in this turf fight.

Who would’ve guessed that … :ponder:

And just a little reminder of who we are dealing with:

Whistleblower threatened by ‘men in black’

[quote]TAIPEI, Taiwan – Police in Taichung yesterday received reports from several elderly farmers of suspicious “men in black” that were allegedly looking for the old farmer who filed complaints about tainted oil manufacturer Chang Guann (強冠).

Local media outlets reported that a farmer living in Pingtung County had collected evidence over two years in order to prove the existence of the underground factory operated by Chang Guann’s major oil provider Kuo Lieh-cheng (郭烈成), and the tainted oil that he manufactured.

The farmer’s investigation had begun after his own farmland had been polluted by Kuo’s factory. Having taken the evidence he had gathered to the police in Taichung, the farmer refused to be named, only stating that he had previously lodged his complaints to the Pingtung County Environmental Protection Bureau five times without being taken seriously.

Shortly after Kuo was released on NT$50,000 bail, a friend of the farmer reported that two cars caught up with him when he left the farmer’s house, with men in black who stated that “this isn’t the man” before leaving. Concerned for his friend, the farmer called the Taichung police, who had taken in his complaints in the first place.

Yesterday, the farmer reported a similar case to the police when an elderly couple informed him of their fears after seeing a strange car parked in front of their apartment.

The police in Pingtung had not received information on the farmer’s identity yet, as he had provided his evidence to the Taichung police through a friend, but despite that there were also no reports of said threats in Pingtung over the last few days, the Pingtung police will be keeping an eye out for similar cases and launch a probe on suspicious individuals reported by the locals
[/quote]

Will also put this on the oil thread.

[quote=“jesus80”]http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/local/taipei/2014/09/15/417256/Cop-beaten.htm

Reports indicate that Hsueh had been suspected of working as a dispute mediator on behalf of Xinyi District nightlife establishments. Two years ago, Hsueh was accused of convincing a victim of a nightclub beating to settle out of court and avoid filing charges. According to the victim’s mother, Hsueh had urged them to settle out of court, as the thugs who had beaten his son were working under the wing of the police detective. Hsueh was issued an administrative reprimand for the incident, but the charge did not stop his involvement with nightclubs, which some say ultimately led to his recent death.

TV reports suggest that Hsueh had insulted certain mob figures in his dealings with the nightclub businesses, who ordered the assault and subsequent killing of the detective.[/quote][/quote]

This is what I’ve heard as well. It’s a small gossip circle in Taipei. “Connected” Taiwanese people in a social sense – nothing to do with being a celebrity or gangster – were talking about this the day after it happened. It only took the media a couple of days to come out with the same story that I heard over a mahjong table. I thought the “he-was-just-trying-to-break-up-a-fight” story was going to be the end of it.

The thing that puzzles me: if they were indeed going to kill him or teach him a lesson, why would they do it outside the largest and busiest nightclub in the city? To teach the nightclub owners a lesson…don’t cozy up to a meddling cop? To teach the police a lesson…keep your guys out of our business? If it really was planned out, which was something that I heard since they all wore primarily white t-shirts, then that’s a serious intimidation strategy.

[quote=“Icon”]And just a little reminder of who we are dealing with:
[/quote]

I doubt who we are dealing with will ever get dragged into it. At least not those that use gangsters and police to help keep people from getting rowdy and fix things if they need to cover themselves legally.

[quote=“jesus80”]http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/local/taipei/2014/09/15/417256/Cop-beaten.htm

TV reports suggest that Hsueh had insulted certain mob figures in his dealings with the nightclub businesses, who ordered the assault and subsequent killing of the detective.[/quote][/quote]

Finally something that makes sense. Must be more, but we’ll probably never hear it.

TV talk shows were debating yesterday if it had to do something with the recent clampdown on drugs in the area. They were comparing if there were economic losses, as the clubs lost revenue from drinks, but someone was saying they were also getting revenue from drugs -if I understood correctly, don’t quote me on that. They were also comparing te old establishments in Fuxing and Renai to the new “in” places in Xinyi.

If this guy was involved in circles in that area, I’d tend to think it was probably something more personal.

Yep, indeed, but it doesn’t help if there is already bad weather in the area. As accelerant.

BTW, this morning the news were stressing that the guy was blaming the whole affair -calling for reinforcements, being affiliated with all those friends, etc- on his girlfriend. Ayioo… :doh:

Yeah, it’s my neighborhood, there’s deffo rumblings about there being a lot more going on than meets the eye.
He was the guy for those clubs, but he wasn’t on duty that night, he wasn’t supposed to be there.

Whether it’s germane or not, you can frigging walk to there from the big Police Station in about 90 seconds, their response time seemed a little slack.

You know what they say. When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.

I’ve heard there was a dispute the previous night, the club bouncers got involved and likely caused the “Dandy” (love that description Icon) and gf to lose considerable face. Before leaving they threatened to come back. The club told the cop, who had worked as a mediator in the past for these types of disputes, and thus he was there waiting to help try to keep the peace the following night. The Dandy shows up with entourage, the cop tries to talk them down, they attack the cop in a fit of group rage. This is all rumor admittedly, but it seems to make sense as ridiculous as whole situation is. There are undertones that the cop’s past and current mediation activities were not on the up and up, as previously mentioned, but again this is “what they say”.