Hey guys, just be really careful with picking and eating wild mushrooms. Many edible species look very very similar to very poisonous ones. You should really only eat wild harvested mushrooms after training with an experienced mushroom collector.
Mushroom poisoning is nasty. Mostly they affect the liver, through deadly metabolites that stop liver function, and often the onset is a few days after ingestion, and apparent only well after the damage is done. Sometimes they can affect the kidney resulting in kidney failure. Other poisons cause vomiting and gastric disturbance, but if that’s all you get you’re lucky.
psilocybin is really safe, OTOH. it was widely used in the 60s in psychology, and there was never a recorded case of anything more than short term anxiety from many years of clinical use of psilocybin or related molecules.