Music Trivial Pursuit

Tetsuo wrote [quote]Showin’ your age son. [/quote]
Dang!! Um, I caught them the second time round…!! Im under 40, OK!!
Hehe.

Graham Brazier was/is the lead singer of Hello Sailor! And which 60’s band was he asked to reform with a slightly modified lineup??

Rename the thread to Aussie Musical Trivia so I will stop dropping by. Sheeesh.

I’m sure we can have concurrent questions going right?

Who was the first Artist signed to Richard Branson’s Virgin Label?

[b]The Gumper wrote:

So you’re saying that Aussie music doesn’t count??? :loco:

Actually, Hello Sailor were a NZ group, and Graham Brazier waas asked to sing in a reformed lineup of The Doors. Believe it or not!!

I believe Mike Oldfield was the first to sign with Virgin, correct??

Q) Which artissts were alledgedly involved in the fabled’ Mars Bar incident’ in the 70’s??

[quote=“Captain Shannon”]
Q) Which artissts were alledgedly involved in the fabled’ Mars Bar incident’ in the 70’s??[/quote]

I would guess you’re talking about Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithful (yeah, I googled the fuck out of that), but…perhaps there are other underground artists associated with the Animal Liberation Front of whom I am unaware.

Good job with answering “The Falcon” by the way…I figured noone would get that one.

Q:
What “country” music pioneer was also known as the “Yodeling Cowboy”?
(too easy?)

[b]axiom wrote:[quote]I would guess you’re talking about Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithful (yeah, I googled the fuck out of that), [/quote]
Correctomundo…was an urban myth but a good one nonetheless.

Wilf Carter was the yodelling cowboy!
On the subject of country music…

Q) Norman Carl Odam is better known as …??
[/b]

What make is Brian May’s (Queen) guitar?

…from a fan website…

Although he has used various guitars (Fender Telecasters, Stratocasters, Ovations) Brian May is mainly associated with his home made (with his dad) ‘Red Special’ (right)
Made from unusual pieces of (scrap) wood such as oak for the center block and fingerboard the body is not solid but has tone chambers through out
The pickups are Burns Tri-Sonics that Brian sealed in Araldite adhesive to prevent microphonic feedback inherent with metal covered pickups. These are controlled by individual on/off and phase switches, one volume and one tone pot

and again,
Q) Norman Carl Odam is better known as …??

The Legendary Stardust Cowboy.

Q) What is special about the pick Brian May uses with his home made Guitar?

I was actually going for Jimmie Rodgers.

[quote=“truant”]

Q) What is special about the pick Brian May uses with his home made Guitar?[/quote]

Without googling, I am gonna guess that it came from a fireplace. I had heard that his guitar came out of the ashes, but maybe it was his pick.

What appeared on every Queen album, except News of the World.

Oh, no don’t go getting your roos in a kanga. I was just pleading ignorant to all that localized quizzing. What if I asked you; What singer, after experiencing a bad acid trip, came to claiming he was channeling Jimi Hendrix and picked up a guitar for the first time and wailed as if he had?

Pretty sure it’s a popular piece of Canadian trivia, but without a google, you’d never know. I guess it was my backhanded way of suggesting we keep the questions more mainstream. I love Men at Work. :smiley:

Freddie May uses metal picks and his favourite is supposed to be a silver sixpenny piece. He’s a pussy. I use a NT$10 coin.
The Hendrix channeler was the guy from Mountain, wasn’t it?

[quote=“sandman”]Freddie May uses metal picks and his favourite is supposed to be a silver sixpenny piece. He’s a pussy. I use a NT$10 coin.
The Hendrix channeler was the guy from Mountain, wasn’t it?[/quote]

That’e erm, Brian May.

And no, not the guy from Mountain.

But thanks for playing. Musicians! Sheeesh. :wink:

Rupert told me this on the weekend:

What was the first music video to ever be played on MTV?

The Buggles, “Video Killed the Radio Star”

A) There are three guys in this band. The one named Beard is the one without a beard.

B) There were three guys in this band. The metrosexual looking one with the handlebar mustache was the one who was NOT gay. The burly, overweight lumberjack looking two guys were.

What two bands am I talking about?

A = ZZ top

B) Husker Du

Name the Australian band with a singer with a law degree, who has never practiced law.

Midnight Oil

What singer from what band died on her bicycle after being hit by a lorry in London in December, 2002?