Music Trivial Pursuit

Mary Hansen from Stereolab

What is BB King’s guitar named?

[quote=“peachka”]

What is BB King’s guitar named?[/quote]
Gibson

Lucille

Whose first concert they attended was in 1984-5, to go see a hair band called ‘Pseudo Echo’ at the Tauranga Events Centre?

[quote=“truant”]Whose first concert they attended was in 1984-5, to go see a hair band called ‘Pseudo Echo’ at the Tauranga Events Centre?[/quote]Did they take YOU to funky town? Did they have a beat for YOU in their heart?

yeah, and I was LISTENING.

but the answer wasn’t “truant”. It’s ‘Raelene’, some hot blonde chick in baggy jeans. Close though. :bravo:

[quote=“truant”]
yeah, and I was LISTENING.

but the answer wasn’t “truant”. It’s ‘Raelene’, some hot blonde chick in baggy jeans. Close though. :bravo:[/quote] Baggy jeans in the 80s? Bet they weren’t black jeans. ‘Raelene’ wouldn’t have worked in the song title reply, not that I would have guessed that.

Stevie Winwood has been a member of what 3 bands?

without googling, I think one of them was “Weather” or “Traffic”.

traffic is correct…

weather…nope

hint one the bands included Eric Clapton

The Spencer Davis group
Traffic and
Blind faith (with Eric Clapton).

A well known guitar virtuoso briefly toured with a famous 60s/70s supergroup in the early 90’s.

Who was the guitarist and which band?

*** A free beer for the 1st person who gets it right…!!

Which criminally underappreciated band, arguably the very best rock band of the late '90s and into the '00s, sings many of their songs in Welsh?

hi porcelainprincess,
I think the general MO here is to answer the previous question before posting the next… :slight_smile:
C’mon you rock and rollers, mine was easy!!

Joe Walsh from the Eagles with Herbs. But Herbs weren’t really a supergroup so I think I’m wrong.

PP. Manic Street preachers?

Nope, but a clue…

The guitarist loves a ‘particular’ surfer, and one the supergroups songs mentions Frank Zappa…

Gorky’s Psychotic Monkeys, or as they spell it in Welsh, Gorky’s Zygotic Mynci.

“Smoke on the Water”? Richie Blackmore?

Quentin wrote:

You’re partially correct, but take another look at the original question…
for a free beer!!

Close Quentin, but I believe the answer is: Joe Satriani, Deep Purple.
Mmm, beer.

Correctomundo!!!

Damn, just cost myself a beer.!!
Well done Josefus, PM me when you want to come in and claim your prize!!

Now for a really tough one.

This was a very big hit in the '70s, and is still played in regular rotation on KISS and in the Philippines.

The A-side concerns happiness basking in the light of the solar system and use of grape-derived mind-altering substances. An Anglo-Canadian covering the tune of a Frenchman, it made him a one-hit wonder.

The B-side was a double-entendre involving a dog’s broken leg as a metaphor for sex. Later covered by Soul Asylum.

If you know what I’m talking about already, this is super-easy. If not…good luck guessing.