My boyfriend cheated!

Don’t put me on a high horse. If I could be an emperor with 100 wives and 1000 concubines I probably would :laughing:. But maybe that technically wouldn’t be cheating :ponder:

Most Chinese emperors also had harems of little boys and even messed around with their eunuchs. Could you live with that too? :laughing:

Not sure, but who ever said Chinese emperor? I was thinking more along the lines of “The Emperor of Miltown.”

Use this picture as a visual aid.

[quote=“namastestore”]4)George W. Bush
Hmmm, so you think when he was drunk and coked up he was playing with Legos?

5)George ‘daddy’ Bush
The Grand Puba(and look at the young barbara)
[/quote]
While George H.W. Bush (#41) is widely reputed to have had an affair, I haven’t heard even a rumor (much less a credible rumor) about George W. Bush (#43).

Mustn’t forget Jesse Jackson! Paid off his mistress with a highly-paid no-work job at one of the many places he has his greedy little paws in. There is a very hot place in Hell reserved for him.

To those that think infidelity is a Chinese male culture issue, I think your views are influenced by the fact that you spent most of your young and naive years in your homelands and more of your adult lives in Asia. It’s just an age thing. If you grew up in the US, then you probably think Americans don’t ever commit adultery. And since you’ve seen plenty of it in Taiwan, then the Taiwanese must commit a lot more adultery. Since the more adulterous behavior has been witnessed in Asia, you associate Asian cultures with that type of behavior. If you spent your early years in Taiwan listening to the naive crap youngsters spew out in Taiwan (believe me, I know how damn naive they are, because I used to teach them and I also used to lurk on their college forums), then I’m sure you’d come out of it with a view that Taiwanese relationships are so amazingly perfect and Confucian and monogamous and blah blah blah. But if you spent your adult years in the US, you’d probably think Americans also have the same tendencies. Last time I checked, even Ivy educated Americans were still getting divorced and having adulterous affairs just like the rest of trashy America. I don’t think it’s limited to the lower echelons of society. But maybe the upper echelons are a little more discrete about it than the Taiwanese, that’s probably true.

I’d also like to say that the forumosa crowd may be a totally distorted sample of the general foreigner or otherwise population. If you have more than 2000 posts on forumosa, I think that suggests a rather sedentary and probably altogether monogamous lifestyle. Somehow I think the foreigner and Taiwanese philanderers just wouldn’t have the time to lead such a tame life. They’d be out with their XLP(s) and wive(s).

[quote=“Neo”]

I’d also like to say that the forumosa crowd may be a totally distorted sample of the general foreigner or otherwise population. If you have more than 2000 posts on forumosa, I think that suggests a rather sedentary and probably altogether monogamous lifestyle. Somehow I think the foreigner and Taiwanese philanderers just wouldn’t have the time to lead such a tame life. They’d be out with their XLP(s) and wive(s).[/quote]

Well… look at how many posts ppl do per day. I spend 15 minutes on forumosa, has 3000+ posts, and still have 23 hrs and 45 minutes for philandering every day…

Want me to brag?

Also, western men in general don’t’ brag about it the way the local guys do.

The difference is that in the West, when the marriage has failed: usually divorce.

In the East: divorce is still heavily stigmatized. So they cheat.

That’s also the reason why wives tolerate it much more in Taiwan. She’s long since past the point of no longer loving him, if there ever was any love in the first place (traditional marriage = family/business arrangement), so why should she care as long as he brings home the bacon?

I think marriage as a business/family arrangement is an excellent idea. I love those Jane Austen marriages where the husband and wife tolerate each other/become friends/sometimes hate each other, but it is kind of a given (but definitely not spoken of) that there will be lovers.
Like Carrie said on SATC recently…a real LOVER. Wow.

By the way, I met a Forumosan last night in Vibe (don’t ask) who knew who I was but wouldn’t tell me his online name. C’mon, I’m curious. And for heaven’s sake, you didn’t have to stomp off like that.
If somebody asks me in Vibe if I mind if they hang around or if I don’t care, the logical answer is “I don’t care!”. :slight_smile:

[quote=“MaPoSquid”][quote=“namastestore”]4)George W. Bush
Hmmm, so you think when he was drunk and coked up he was playing with Legos?

5)George ‘daddy’ Bush
The Grand Puba(and look at the young barbara)
[/quote]
While George H.W. Bush (#41) is widely reputed to have had an affair, I haven’t heard even a rumor (much less a credible rumor) about George W. Bush (#43).

Mustn’t forget Jesse Jackson! Paid off his mistress with a highly-paid no-work job at one of the many places he has his greedy little paws in. There is a very hot place in Hell reserved for him.[/quote]

George W. Bush is in an current affair with Condi Rice (see New York times expose)

And Jesse jackson is not going to hell- unless you consider the Playa’s ball to be one… :laughing: :laughing:

Neo, Take more of the blue pill CAUSE your post smacks of righteousness… :upyours:

Jesse Jackson feels the heat as political rival steals his thunder, and mistress

As he eyes up the Democratic nomination for the White House in 2004, Mr Sharpton has stolen his rival

[quote=“twonavels”]…By the way, I met a Forumosan last night in Vibe (don’t ask) who knew who I was but wouldn’t tell me his online name. C’mon, I’m curious. And for heaven’s sake, you didn’t have to stomp off like that.
If somebody asks me in Vibe if I mind if they hang around or if I don’t care, the logical answer is “I don’t care!”. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Poor bastard. Erhu has a thread here that asks ‘do men like “sassy” women?’ but to my mind ‘sassy’ as an adjective misses the mark.

What we dogs of this world like are women who are nonjudgmental, open-minded sexually, and outgoing enough to be adventurous as well. The original story, twonavels, about your b/f was a real good one, but your reaction to it is what’s won you the trifecta.

Sounds like somebody may have become a bit fixated on you - very attractive, your reaction to your b/f’s decisions. So attractive that when you said “I don’t care” he heard you say that you do.

:laughing:

I believe that if you’re not ready to be faithful, then don’t make that kind of committment. I guess that’s just the more conservative side of me speaking out … :wink:

But there are always many sides to one story …

[quote=“mod lang”]The difference is that in the West, when the marriage has failed: usually divorce.

That’s also the reason why wives tolerate it much more in Taiwan. She’s long since past the point of no longer loving him, if there ever was any love in the first place (traditional marriage = family/business arrangement), so why should she care as long as he brings home the bacon?[/quote]

I think it is easier to cheat here as well. There are lots of secretive love hotels and everyone’s so wired that Internet trysts are easy to set up. Additionally, in the U.S. there’s always the chance of someone’s car being seen in someone’s driveway. I know lots of friends who caught their boyfriend/girlfriend from just driving by someone’s house or apartment and noticing honey’s car parked out front.

[quote=“Flicka”][quote=“mod lang”]The difference is that in the West, when the marriage has failed: usually divorce.

That’s also the reason why wives tolerate it much more in Taiwan. She’s long since past the point of no longer loving him, if there ever was any love in the first place (traditional marriage = family/business arrangement), so why should she care as long as he brings home the bacon?[/quote]

I think it is easier to cheat here as well. There are lots of secretive love hotels and everyone’s so wired that Internet trysts are easy to set up. Additionally, in the U.S. there’s always the chance of someone’s car being seen in someone’s driveway. I know lots of friends who caught their boyfriend/girlfriend from just driving by someone’s house or apartment and noticing honey’s car parked out front.[/quote]

I remember when I first got to Taizhong county and seeing a “car motel” on practically every block and thinking, “WTF is a car motel?”

Why, it’s a motel where each room has its own attached garage. And why would you need your own garage… :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

You can keep the car hidden while humping the XiaoLaoPo…

Actually, most of them are not geared to overnight stays… I stayed one overnight recently - alone - and they gave me a piece of cheesecake for breakfast.

Surely they must have offered you someone to keep you company, didn’t they?

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]

Surely they must have offered you someone to keep you company, didn’t they?[/quote]

Strangely though no.

It suffices to say that I went to the nearest breakfast joint after leaving the place.

[quote=“Mr He”][quote=“Omniloquacious”]

Surely they must have offered you someone to keep you company, didn’t they?[/quote]

Strangely though no.[/quote]
I guess it was one of those BYOB (Bring Your Own Babe) places?

Well I just broke up with my boyfriend of over 6 months, so you don’t need to feel too bad, Twonavels … at least he didn’t cheat on me though … he just turned into a “psycho didi”.

Next! :rainbow:

[quote=“LittleBuddhaTW”]Well I just broke up with my boyfriend of over 6 months, so you don’t need to feel too bad, Twonavels … at least he didn’t cheat on me though … he just turned into a “psycho didi”.

Next! :rainbow:[/quote]

He turned into Sean “PDD” Coombs? :noway: