My dear bicycle was stolen tonight, so sad (+police's help) BIKE FOUND

It was. My lock sometimes doesn’t lock properly. But you can’t tell unless you try to unlock it.

Have you seen a guy that looks like “Billy Idol rebooted” in your area? There was this bleach haired bike thief around a while back.

2 Likes

Was it she? :howyoudoin:

3 Likes

A poorly written and entertaining crime/police story with a very funny bit at the end. I would read more from the author.

5 Likes

Is this perhaps the beginning of a novel, a lifelong relationship, or both? OP. We want more.

1 Like

This is obviously the real answer. Taiwanese would never steal. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:
Hell even some people on here seem to think this.

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss.
I had a bike stolen in London one morning. Filed a police report as soon as it happened. The next day I received a letter from the police saying they had closed the file already. You are basically just filing a report to get a crime number to give to your insurance.

haha, this made me laugh (as the haha indicated).

4 Likes

Update in the main post: I found the bike.

7 Likes

So where was it?

1 Like
2 Likes

In front of the supermarket, in the middle of the sidewalk.

so it wasn’t stolen, you left it there by accident, or the thief took it and abandoned it there?

3 Likes

I don’t recall going to the supermarket yesterday night, my kid is sure I didn’t leaved the house.
So… Maybe I am sleepwalker, maybe both my kid and me have memory issues.
Maybe it was some random guy’s joke.
I don’t know, but happy to have found it. I really wasn’t in the mood of buying yet another bike.

2 Likes

Inform the police. And congratulations. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Maybe a pretty young orphan moved your bike in an attempt to catch your attention?

3 Likes

I daydream the police officer is an orphan.

3 Likes

maybe someone needed it for a ride. or maybe someone doesn’t want you to park it in that place.

2 Likes

One if the neighbors told me once I shouldn’t park in front of his apartment because that part was reserved for his car. I talked about that today in the police station and the office told me that I was right and the street is a public space.
But I didn’t park where he parks his car. So, that can’t be the reason.
Maybe some random guy moved the bike or maybe I really have bad memory.

3 Likes

If you care about it a lot though lock it, or better yet, bring it inside…

If the bike is more expensive than 10k new, keep it inside. It will be stolen no matter the lock you put on it.

1 Like