My fwb snapped at me after I initiate to stop having sex and be friends? Wtf?

The guy I mentioned wasn’t a Taiwanese nor an Asian*(updated)I met a guy on dating apps and we had sex for quite a few months. * (After having sex few times, I decided to have a talk with him that I don’t want to be in fwb situation, and he says we are not fwb which confused me, but fortunately I kept my distance from him mentally prevent myself from getting attached, and surely I got into fwb as I’m a human being.)
We continue to have sex and spending time together. We enjoyed each other companies and had great time together. I did like him from the beginning but later on I don’t think we are going to work in an exclusive relationship. He did say that he would want to be single for the next few years and also mentioned a lot of the girls and exes in front of me, which is fine for me and even better because I get to know that he is on the same page as me. After that he went away for a month and he decided to ask me to visit his place again, and I texted him about that I would want to stop continuing this fwb relationship and start being friends. He snapped me out and being so mean like I was the one who only uses him, like our friendship never existed. I was extremely disappointed knowing that. I was trying my best to explain how the relationship affected my mood negatively and trying my best to be nice but I realized he is just being whiny and a total jerk. He didn’t care about the friendship at all, I feel like a complete fool.
I blocked him on social media eventually.
I’m ‘‘fwbphobia’’ after this freagin chaotic drama.
Gad why sometimes are men so complicated.?

2 Likes

Maybe he had real feelings but wanted to keep it casual? Or he wouldn’t have been so upset? If I didn’t have feelings for anyone and they said they wanted to remain friends, I wouldn’t care?

If he snapped at you and acted mean, avoid him at all cost. Blocking him on social media was a wise move. Stay far away from this guy.

4 Likes

The term “friends with benefit” is an euphemism. Forget the “friend” part. As far as most guys are concerned, FWB just means “sex partners”. That guy never wanted to be your “friend” in the first place. He just wanted sex.

Now you are taking away the sex, which leaves nothing left. Therefore he sees no value in you now.

Just block him.

12 Likes

nah i don’t think so, Im starting to think he is just using tricks on me

FWB usually emphasizes the benefits not the friendship

4 Likes

85 posts were split to a new topic: Oversharing. misogyny and other stuff

There is a saying that to a guy a friend who is a girl is just one he is hoping to have sex with

4 Likes

Not a saying :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

It’s a classic ‘guilt-trip’ response…which is a sign of desperation. When some (toxic) guys or gals are ‘getting what they want’ out of a relationship they can be very chill/pleasant/funny/charming. When they don’t get what they want, then the mask comes off.

He won’t want to hang out with you without the sex, but he’s afraid to be just honest about it because that would expose that it was him that did not value your friendship.

8 Likes

Thats ridiculous Tommy :joy:

1 Like

Sex complicates things

We’re only human. As a whole, probably our greatest flaw. That said, in general and in my experience, women have terrible taste in men.

Anyways, it is done. Lessons learned, time to move on. Don’t waste your energy on this guy, friendship (with or without benefits) should be about openness and no drama.

5 Likes

Well to be fair if Tommy says it it instantly becomes a Tommy saying. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

To be fair, his reaction is completely normal behavior. If you had a boyfriend who broke up with you, would you not get mad and try to guilt-trip him into taking you back? A break-up of a sexual relationship is the same as a break-up of a romantic relationship. One party is ending what the other party wants to continue.

This applies to all types of relationships. If I had a good thing going with my employer, and they suddenly terminated me and cut off my money supply, I would be pretty upset and try to argue with them.

You just need to expect he will get upset. Mean words will be said, and guilt-tripping will ensue. Just block him.

3 Likes

Make sense, but what if I want to continue see him as a good friend to talk to and spend time with? am I still the bad person?

You may want to continue to be friends, but it’s clear that he doesn’t, so I wouldn’t pursue it. A friendship requires both parties to agree, much like the sexual relationship you previous had together.

I can tell you that he most likely never saw you as a friend. People don’t go on dating apps to make friends. He was simply being polite because he needed the sexual relationship to continue.

I’ve hated all of my bosses but I still needed to be polite to them because I wanted my employment to continue. It doesn’t mean I was friends with them.

4 Likes

wait a cotton-picking minute…
do you identify as a male in the fwb?

Edited thanks

Sounds like you told him you want to be exclusive (i.e. not fwb) , and he agreed.

“Single” for local Taiwanese typically means not married, rather than not dating someone.

Did he verbally confirm he wanted to be FWB?

Sounds like he thought it was exclusive and is upset you broke it off.

1 Like

Not being available makes him want you more. It’s torture. Just tell him to get over it.