My SO is a jerk...can't see the future

[quote=“sugar cane”] I don’t care if he can makes a fortune but if he wants to be included in my future, at least he is willing to find a balance point with me.

I am happy if I don’t have any kids in the future but I know he probably want one as he told me that he wants to play baseball with his son. my question is how can he say that he wants to have a future with me and not wanting to have any kind of change.[/quote]

YOU are RIGHT. In any relationship there should be some give and some take. In other words, you should both be willing to compromise to some extent in order to satisfy one another. However, there are some basics that one can not compromise upon, what those basic values are each person decides for themselves.

If this guy is treating you poorly, expecting you to pay for all your outings together and unwilling to work and so on . . . then, he is a loser and you need to DUMP his ass ASAP!

If on the other hand, he is communicating to you that he values his time more than material things, and so is unwilling to work more than 40 per week . . . then he is communicating a basic value of his . . . you need to listen, and decide if you are okay with this as he is unlikely to change for you. If you can deal, then you have a future with him. If you can’t, then kick him to the curb and move on . . .

Bodo

[quote=“SuchAFob”][quote=“sugar cane”]
SuchAFob, you miss my point. I am just so disappointed that he wants to have a future with me but doesn’t seem want to do any effort for it. (maybe he doesn’t think he needs to)
[/quote]

Maybe you are missing the point that he thinks having the two of you will be happiness. And that watches, cars, and big houses aren’t needed.
The effort a man should put into you is in treating you well. Not in buying you shit. If you disagree, you should find a man who does agree.[/quote]

Such AFob,
Sounds like you know her SO, do you? If you don’t, then it seems to me your debating is all about you and not really the OP and her situation. Just a thought.

Bodo