My Taiwanese wife says she can push me to divorce her by getting pregnant by another man

It was not. It was a good thing. :slight_smile:

My apologies. I misinterpreted your post.

2 Likes

Not necessarily.

She said ā€œanother manā€. To me the implication is, she may want to be with another guy who she already knows. So she is trying to find a way to break up.

Yeah, thatā€™s what I figured as well. ā€œStrangerā€ is a speculative twist that has negative connotations that make the lady look bad, and maybe worse than she actually is.

The thread that keeps on giving.

2 Likes

Just for the record, itā€™s quite possible sheā€™s blowing more than just smoke.

8 Likes

Wife hasnā€™t cut off my D!ck yet or jumped from the roof. I thought these kinds of hollow threats were more common. Guess I got lucky :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Erā€¦

3 Likes

Hopefully she jumps from the roof first.

Trick is donā€™t marry them first. I had a close shave but sanity prevailed.

2 Likes

Hey WS,

Welcome to the community. Sounds like you two had a real strange conversation. I couldnā€™t figure out what the above sentence meant. Does it mean that if you found out she was carrying a child that wasnā€™t yours youā€™d want the option to get divorced?

Good luck with your path. Walk it with good mental health. This message board can be a great place to distract yourself/ wig out/ ask questions. I wish you well.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone. Let me summarize my thoughts after reading all your comments:

1. I doubt if she will really do it (at least in the near future). As someone mentioned, some wife tends to threaten with crazy thoughts. For my case, she just said it once during one of our heated quarrels. But I told myself itā€™s better to assume it may happen one day, so itā€™s better to know the possible consequences, and how far law can protect me

2. If #1 happens, my plan is to prove that I am not the biological father. BUT, I donā€™t want to initiate the divorce process right after thatā€¦ I want to divorce when I am ready (by ready, I mean: mentally, etc).

3. Currently, I am ā€œalmost OKā€ with my marriage. Divorce was not an option in my mind (up to few weeks ago). But life is damn unpredictable, and I think it doesnā€™t hurt if I prepare myself for some crazy things in future. In the world that Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos get divorced, then who am I :)))))

1 Like

That guy seems to be a giant dick.

I think we all aspire to do better than that! :upside_down_face:

Guy

2 Likes

Be careful with your words and actions in those ā€œheated argumentsā€. Your wife can se you for ā€œinsulting her ancestorsā€. She can build a case for battery if there are other witnesses 'nosy neighbors, even if you did not actually laid a hand on her. No, the law is not on your side.

You may try counseling. Still, Id go to the lawyer, se what options are there for holding on this year. And for the love of God, do not father a child under these conditions.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: This reminds me of this

I think until about a year ago you could sue the man for damages.

1 Like

Yes, she could easily produce someone to lie about physical abuse. Really so terrible. I didnā€™t get paid for a job and the boss produced a liar that said he saw me getting paid. No other proof required.

Did you not get direct deposit?

best to cut ties now and bail. sheā€™s researching sh_t like that, sort scary brother :joy:

3 Likes

Oh but why would you have this conversation in the first place ? If she gets pregnant from someone else that would be cheating, and it will give you the grounds to ask for a divorce, not to her .
You need to have a conversation, cultural differences can be challenging in mixed marriages, but if you love each other, you can get past this. Good luck

2 Likes