Mythbusters

As we all know Taiwanese tv ranges from god-awful to shite. However occasionally, just occasionally there is a flower among the dirt. An oasis of calm among the endless inane and banal sound effects and celebrity worship of someone you’ll never see again.

Yes folks, I’m talking about Mythbusters. Easily the best show on TV here. They blow stuff up, do ridiculous stuff like make cross bows out of underwear elastic and newspaper. Man, I love that show.
Who agrees?

I concur!!!

It’s by far my favouritest program.

I swear to non-existent god… if they EVER take my Discovery channel away, I’ll, erm, be REALLY ANGRY for AGES, and that’s a really long time!

Love it! Wish I knew when it was on. I rarely turn on the TV.

I got rid of tv a year ago because:

1. 10 channels of useless stock info
  2. 10 channels of buddhists
  3. 10 channels of crappy B-grade American movies (there are only so many stallone / seagal / Van Damne movies once can watch)
  4. 5 channels of shopping
  5. 5 channels of 80’s HK movies

[quote=“Tyc00n”]I got rid of tv a year ago because:

1. 10 channels of useless stock info
  2. 10 channels of buddhists
  3. 10 channels of crappy B-grade American movies (there are only so many stallone / seagal / Van Damne movies once can watch)
  4. 5 channels of shopping
  5. 5 channels of 80’s HK movies[/quote]

I probably would have too if it wasn’t for my local Mrs, my Xbox360 or my Wii (which is still in the shop)…

But hell, anybody see the one where they recreated what would happen if you fired a shotgun with someone’s finger stuck in the barrel? That was classic

Mythbusters
Sunday 13:00
Tuesday 19:00 (I think)
Thursday 22:00 (I think)

Mythbusters is the best. Goes very well with a beer.

I love watching that show. They do some of the craziest stuff on it. My favourite episode so far has got to be the one where they were firing bullets into a pool to test…um…forgot what they were testing…but they fired a frickin’ anti-tank rifle into it! Was awesome!

Yesterday’s with the pirate stuff was cool too.

I came in half-way through last night’s show - what was the bit with the three different types of stains? What myth were they busting, exactly?

They were using rum as a clothes cleaner.

So what happens if you fire a shotgun with someone’s finger in the barrel?

And does rum get out the stains?

You would apparently blow off the whole arm and shoulder of the idjut who put his finger in there… No surprises there like. But, what they were trying to achieve was the buckling effect or ballooning you’d see on an old school cartoon.

They only managed a slight bulge though… and that was when they welded that barrel shut.

Anyone ever see the one where they put 2 pig carcasses in a corvette and sealed it up for 4 months… thats another great moment

What happened to the 'vette? And why, in God’s name, would you do that do a 'vette???

well there is a popular myth that if a person dies in a car and it remains undiscovered, its possible to clean up the remains enough to be able to sell the car. So they tried it with a corvette.

Totally trashed the car, and were only just about able to sell in for spares

Ahh, I see…but still, why a 'vette?? I knew a guy who got his brains blown out in his Mercedes many moons ago and his son drove the Mercedes around afterward…

They were using rum as a clothes cleaner.[/quote]

:astonished: May the ghost of Captain Morgan haunt them eternally for their sacrilege.

I saw the one where they were comparing vodkas, but as I don’t have a TV I don’t see it very often. Good stuff though.

Dd you see the one where they bubbled methane through soapy water to make a huge column of highly inflammable foam? Cooooool!

Have any of you seen Brainiac?

It’s similar to Mythbusters, but it’s put on by the English, so it’s naturally funnier, and the science is truer. Mr Hammond is in it, for all you Top Gear fans.

video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 4801392897

[quote=“X3M”]Mythbusters
Sunday 13:00
Tuesday 19:00 (I think)
Thursday 22:00 (I think)[/quote]

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Actually that last pirate Mythbusters was on at 9pm on Sunday.