N+1: Bike fancying

yeh…:thinking: …thanks - I’ll stick with plan A

2 Likes

Tell her you’re just holding onto it for a friend who asked you to bring it over for him as the color way is limited to the US.

Prerequisite: You must have a friend just as tall as you :laughing:

The friend has changed his mind as colour looked different on his phone pic so you have no choice brought all way over! Have to keep it!

Looks painful

New Colnago C68 looks nice.

80% Forumosa member discount available?

1 Like

This is the grave dig we deserve, but not the one we need right now. :laughing:

1 Like

I’m not one for titanium (yet), but I could not pass off sharing this one from No.22

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfNTswCpDbc/

1 Like

Very nice, it’s a gravel bike though so just a bit chunky in the front fork for my discerning taste :face_with_monocle: . Love the colour and the frame geometry though.

I’m getting me a new bike. it’s still in the mail, but it’s coming!

and none of you will have anything like it, so nyer-nyer to you!

here’s a clue: frame, fork and head set and BB weigh in at 2.2 kg.

and, it’s Japanese.

Bamboo?

Carbon/kevlar weave. with alloy lugs…

2 Likes

Not sure if it fits the bill, but I’d be jealous if it were this one:

Dura-All?

Good call! Basically a 1988 Vitus, but from Nakagawa.

I think I’ll go for a Dura Ace 7400 build with Ultegra 6600 derailleurs and brifters in 10 speed. Kinda retro-modern Shimano mix. I love those old cranks. Can’t stand the modern aDura Ace cranks.

I have some nice old Mavic climbing rims and a Regal saddle. Should be a nice 7.5 - 8 kg package.

1 Like

Sounds beautiful. I completely agree with you on the cranks.

Here are some photos of some wheels I’ve just built for a vintage weight weenie project.

4 Likes

I need to start building wheels for money.

These are for the Nakagawa. And no, I’m not going to call it a Dura All.

:face_vomiting:

Mavic GEL 280 with Dura Ace 7400 hubs in a hyper glide cassette hub body and 32 holes classic 3 cross.

1 Like

I looked through my stable again and realize I have only got square taper bb bikes.

Does that mean anything about me?

And 4/7 have regal saddles. Plus a Flite and a Fly. Same shape. Different century.

And the other is a Rolls. Basically the same. I used to have a couple Concors saddles, but they died.

I used to always use Concor saddles, now I find Romin and Fabric saddles have that same nice “scoop” shape.