Nancywu / Hickory Dickory Dork

Is nancywu a deliberate troll?

• No doubt at all. Malicious too.
  • Yes, absolutely. Such a feeble effort.
  • Bravo! Poirot is magnificent, as always.
  • Judge Pao Ching-tien must expose the bugger
0 voters

[color=blue]Hickory Dickory Dork[/color]

Contents
Chapter 1: A rotten dork appears
Chapter 2: More monkey business
Chapter 3: Filthy misdirection
Chapter 4: Fat on the flames
Chapter 5: Dud on delivery

And now, the conclusion of Hickory Dickory Dork.

As many of you have already surmised, “nancywu” is some scheisskopf’s idea of a troll. It is not the name of an innocent Taiwan woman. Non! It is the nom de guerre of an overly emotional, dare I say, even mentally deranged, fluent English speaker determined to make more than a little mischief!

Why do I say that?

First, nancywu joined forumosa on Saturday, 23 Aug 2003. Then, in just 22 minutes this person made five malicious posts. Incredible, non?

Let us examine the evidence.

The first troll was at Saturday at 11:58 pm in the Living in Taiwan forum, in the thread of “A Word to The Wiser Single Man About Younger Women in Taiwan.”

[quote=“nancywu”]I am Taiwanese girl and I read your thread. I cannot stand how you foreigner look down on Taiwan girls! Talk about us like we are all meat!
You think you are better than Taiwan men, but let me tell you are not! Who need foreign men who just want to get into bed with girls, and you even say it! You don’t care about the pain of those gilrs who give up virgin for you!
What so special about you? Girls who together with foreigner only cheap girls do that!
I wish you all get roten penis![/quote]
Does this sound like a real person wrote this, much less it being written by a Taiwanese woman? No, of course not. And the deliberate spelling and grammar mistakes are so obvious.

The second troll was Sunday at 12:06 am, also in the Living in Taiwan forum, this time in the thread “A Word to The Wiser Single Taiwanese Woman About Younger Foreign Men in Taiwan.”

[quote=“nancywu”]Wise word from me - donnot get together with foreign man! They just want fuck you and then run away to home coutry or find other girl!
Foreigner think they are so special but they are not! Have more money? No way! Lot Taiwan men richer, have own company and make more ten time!
Foreigner also more uglier! Look at all the hair, oh my god! and lot of they are fat too! They so proud have long penis, but this important? Women dont need long penis to feel happy!
Why so many Taiwan girls so blind and stupid and chase foreign man? I realy dont understand! [/quote]
Within eight minutes of submitting the first post, the shrivelled troller wants you to believe he had read through all the posts in the first two pages of the “A Word to The Wiser Single Taiwanese Woman About Younger Foreign Men in Taiwan” thread, thought it all over, composed, edited, and then submitted post #2. Within 8 minutes. Sure. Wait. It gets better!

The third trollwas Sunday at 12:11 am, still in the Living in Taiwan forum, in the “Compensated Dating” in Taiwan?" thread.

And then just 5 minutes later comes the obnoxious third troll. That should get the flames going, shouldn’t it? But wait, it gets better!

The fourth trollwas Sunday at 12:15 am in the Open Forum under the “I don’t like fat people” thread.

Just four minutes later the fourth troll was posted. The idiot troller wants you to believe he had read through all the posts in the first 10 pages of the “I don’t like fat people” thread! Can you read that poke in your eye and still not believe it is a troll? The troller really outdid himself with this molatov cocktail to incite get posters in this outspoken thread to flame back and burn skinny Taiwan girls to a crisp.

The fifth troll was Sunday at 12:20 am, also in the Open Forum. This time the imposter posted his own thread, which was guaranteed to catch a little attention at first. It was titled “Why here so dirty!”

Finally, again, just five minutes later, the troller had run out of beer and run out of things to say but he gave it one last attempt to pour fuel on the fire in hopes of calling down even more scorn and ridicule on Taiwanese women.

Writing in broken English was a foolish attempt to lead people to believe “nancywu” was a Taiwanese women. A western man is more likely. This imposter best summarized himself: You really are a person people who has no shame! You really embarrassed yourself.

Why did you do such a stupid thing? If your goal was to see heaps of flame and ridicule on women of Taiwanese descent then you failed miserably. What a petty minded loser.

You really have a problem. Is it racism, sexism, jerkism, alcoholism or some psychological problem dealing with anger, frustration, and loneliness? Ask yourself, “What kind of person would deliberately try to set this all up so that people would make typical knee-jerk reactions to this kind of rubbish?”

So, are you happy now? Do you feel better now? My what a big man you are! You really put those uppity little Taiwanese girls in their place didn’t you? What a hero. Pat yourself on the back. Pin a ribbon to your flabby chest.

Poirot takes his leave. Au revoir.

my bet is on Anna Wang. i mean come on, Nancy Wu, Anna Wang? both need prozac/get laid/be less of a shrew? :laughing:

We need someone on the case, I recommend Sherlock Holmes.

Well, whomever it is needs to observe Taiwanese English a little better. Chinese has the linking verb “to be” and uses it (shi4). It might be common to see mistakes in TENSE of this verb, but it is very rare for a Chinese speaker to entirely leave it out on such a consistent basis. More like what one sees in badly-written dialogues in Hollywood “B” pictures with Vietnamese women characters, or something like that. Also for a person who can’t use “to be”, the person has a wonderful command of subordinate clauses…really amazing. I’d love to write her up as an exception to the hierarchy of language feature acquisition in English. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No, we need Sherlock Bones. as in she doesn’t like da meat, but she sho like da bone.

How do I vote for “Nancy is a sexy chick who’s begging for it, and I want to show her just how dirty I am” ?

Ah yes, Mr. Kenny McCormick but don’t bet your life’s savings. But you did mention a vital clue. It is much more likely that the pathetic little idiot behind nancywu aimed for it to be a parody of Anna Wang. Perhaps it is revenge, non?

Can we get a mod to sweep the IP address and see if it is a current poster? :stuck_out_tongue:

I just checked and know exactly who it is… :?
There’s only one other with the same IP address!
No sense in posting that name here though, we don’t need a witch trial, do we?

hahaha…I nominate ironlady to the troll special investigation unit. Excellent forensic analysis!

No sense in posting that name here though, we don’t need a witch trial, do we?[/quote]

CranKy LaoWai, fess up!

I disagree with the hypothesis that NW is a male poster…just a gut feeling, no forensic linguistic evidence, no worn fingertip leather, just intuition…and the trivial knowledge that woman’s preferred weapon is poison.

I am editing this as a second thought about this mystery has occured to me. Alien, please check out IP addy of our own Poirot…I certainly don’t believe he is either a he or french…I further suspect that she is none other than Nancy Wu herself…methinks the lady doth protest to much…

How did poirot get enough Guanxi to buy an avatar without having any transfered to him. Only a mod can do that…

EDIT:

[quote]hexuan wrote:
100 untraceable guanxi to you.

Merci beaucoup! My avatar also thanks you. It is not a glamour photo but I like it. Hastings thinks I am too vain. Can it be? I think not.[/quote]Foiled again…

[quote=“Alien”]
No sense in posting that name here though, we don’t need a witch trial, do we?[/quote]

I think this information should be made public. Then the person who shares Nancy Wu’s IP address has three choices: (1) deny the connection and put forward a plausible case to support the denial; (2) admit it, and explain why he or she thought fit to play such games with us; or (3) just slink off and lay low for a while.

Apart from satisfying our curiosity, exposing the troller would make others think twice before doing the same kind of thing in the future.

I must ask the other mods first, Omni.

But often it’s harder to judge who is who on the IP thing as loads of names pop up. With this one, only one other name showed up. That’s a bit strange, don’t you think?
And I checked out the postings of the “other one” and they were occassionally semi-inflamatory, which leads me to believe that this is the culprit.
However, personally, my gut instinct tells me that exposing this person publicly isn’t the right thing to do.

[quote=“Alien”]I must ask the other mods first, Omni.

But often it’s harder to judge who is who on the IP thing as loads of names pop up. With this one, only one other name showed up. That’s a bit strange, don’t you think?
And I checked out the postings of the “other one” and they were occassionally semi-inflamatory, which leads me to believe that this is the culprit.
However, personally, my gut instinct tells me that exposing this person publicly isn’t the right thing to do.[/quote]

This is slightly off topic, but I think if Alien’s avatar mated with my avatar, it would be a physchedelia lover’s wet dream.

Yes, it’s a tricky one. I feel too that exposing the culprit wouldn’t be right but, having said that, you would only be ‘exposing’ their other on-line username. Tricky, very tricky.

How about getting the mod to tell us what title the culprit has so far? Chinese drop out or doujiang master or Betelnut vendor?

I like being exposed in public.

Is it against the rules to have more than one nickname? Or does it only become an issue if flaming is involved?