National Heritage Sites: After hours "excursions"

Can you get into serious trouble for climbing under a fence and “visiting” a national heritage site after hours? No damage or anything, just walking around.

Supposing someone spotted a WWII type US destroyer that was bought by Taiwan in 1972, and supposing they slipped under a fence to have a better look. Suppose they saw a gang plank and went on board to look around and as they entered found themselves staring at one of those infra-red night camera thingies…
Supposing someone did this, but just walked around, could they get into serious trouble? Deportation etc?

Just wondering…

Sounds like tresspassing

Were you dressed?

Sounds cool.

Start the damned tuna box and attack China with it!

[quote=“bismarck”]Supposing someone did this, but just walked around, could they get into serious trouble? Deportation etc?

Just wondering…[/quote]

Well, I certainly hope not. But while I hate being a stick in the mud, I can’t help but think it would be a lucky thing if that sort of activity turned out to be, you know, non-habit-forming. Even though, as Doc said, it does sound cool.

I mean, it’s great to have cool stories to tell your grandchildren and all, but. . . .

[quote=“bismarck”]Can you get into serious trouble for climbing under a fence and “visiting” a national heritage site after hours? No damage or anything, just walking around.

Supposing someone spotted a WWII type US destroyer that was bought by Taiwan in 1972, and supposing they slipped under a fence to have a better look. Suppose they saw a gang plank and went on board to look around and as they entered found themselves staring at one of those infra-red night camera thingies…
Supposing someone did this, but just walked around, could they get into serious trouble? Deportation etc?

Just wondering…[/quote]
Supposing you got caught? ANd supposing they took you for a thief? ANd supposing they handcuffed you?? Supposing, they shooed you away with a gun and baton?? Supposing you were fined? Supposing they smiled and opened the gates to let you out…endless possibilities :laughing:

[quote=“Charlie Jack”][quote=“bismarck”]Supposing someone did this, but just walked around, could they get into serious trouble? Deportation etc?

Just wondering…[/quote]

Well, I certainly hope not. But while I hate being a stick in the mud, I can’t help but think it would be a lucky thing if that sort of activity turned out to be, you know, non-habit-forming. Even though, as Doc said, it does sound cool.

I mean, it’s great to have cool stories to tell your grandchildren and all, but. . . .[/quote]
Yeah, a tad stupid to do something like that, but as long as no harm is done… :idunno:

According to the video, he had on a sporty Pirate suit.

How did you get that parrot to stay on yer shoulder?

According to the video, he had on a sporty Pirate suit.

How did you get that parrot to stay on yer shoulder?[/quote]
He knows his frikkin’ place, and I wont tell him again!

[quote=“bismarck”]Can you get into serious trouble for climbing under a fence and “visiting” a national heritage site after hours? No damage or anything, just walking around.

Just wondering…[/quote]
I don’t know a German sneaking around on a US Navy battle ship. Every comic book I’ve ever read told me that’s suspicious. Don’t be surprised if you get shot with a poison dart tomorrow at work.

Bismarck, I would suggest that your “friend” purchase a nice automatic rifle before embarking on this field trip. I would even go so far as to say that if your “friend” was in the process of applying for an APRC/JFRV/citizenship, they should carry a sidearm, too, so that no messy witnesses are left standing.

Actually, better for your “friend” to skip the whole trespassing thing altogether and instead hijack Bubba2Guns’ luxury yacht (or at the very least, his surfboard).

[quote=“jimipresley”]Bismarck, I would suggest that your “friend” purchase a nice automatic rifle before embarking on this field trip. I would even go so far as to say that if your “friend” was in the process of applying for an APRC/JFRV/citizenship, they should carry a sidearm, too, so that no messy witnesses are left standing.

Actually, better for your “friend” to skip the whole trespassing thing altogether and instead hijack Bubba2Guns’ luxury yacht (or at the very least, his surfboard).[/quote]
Yeah but, what if my “friend” already did it…?

Just wondering…[/quote]

You are talking about one of the two still “active” subs the ROC navy uses right? The ones that they are now afraid to take down because theres a real chance it could stay down?

IF its not underguard and you are not shot dead, you should be fine.

[quote=“tommy525”][quote=“bismarck”]Can you get into serious trouble for climbing under a fence and “visiting” a national heritage site after hours? No damage or anything, just walking around.

Supposing someone spotted a WWII type US [color=#FF0000]destroyer[/color] that was bought by Taiwan in 1972, and supposing they slipped under a fence to have a better look. Suppose they saw a gang plank and went on board to look around and as they entered found themselves staring at one of those infra-red night camera thingies…

Just wondering…[/quote]

You are talking about one of the two still “active” subs the ROC navy uses right? The ones that they are now afraid to take down because theres a real chance it could stay down?

IF its not underguard and you are not shot dead, you should be fine.[/quote]
WWII Destroyer. Never said anything about submarines…

[quote=“bismarck”][quote=“tommy525”][quote=“bismarck”]Can you get into serious trouble for climbing under a fence and “visiting” a national heritage site after hours? No damage or anything, just walking around.

Supposing someone spotted a WWII type US [color=#FF0000]destroyer[/color] that was bought by Taiwan in 1972, and supposing they slipped under a fence to have a better look. Suppose they saw a gang plank and went on board to look around and as they entered found themselves staring at one of those infra-red night camera thingies…

Just wondering…[/quote]

WWII Destroyer. Never said anything about submarines…[/quote]

Oh errm ahh. Nevermind. Is that one still in active service or what?

[quote=“tommy525”][quote=“bismarck”][quote=“tommy525”][quote=“bismarck”]Can you get into serious trouble for climbing under a fence and “visiting” a national heritage site after hours? No damage or anything, just walking around.

Just wondering…[/quote]

WWII Destroyer. Never said anything about submarines…[/quote]

Oh errm ahh. Nevermind. Is that one still in active service or what?[/quote]
No. They plan to open it as a tourist attraction national site sort of thing. Visitors can go onboard and walk around etc. It’s not open yet, but probably will be in a year or so. Has security cameras, even those infra-red ones, but no guards or anything…

I think it’s nice that there’s still places you can explore that are a little scary. When I was a kid, there was an old abandoned mansion that, if you were brave enough, you could go inside. I couldn’t believe no one was guarding it. Or the old abandoned train station that was just left open for a long time, for stupid kids and winos to hang out in.

Chill man, it’s cool. The entire population of Anping grew up breaking into the Dutch fort. It’s a right of passage for people from Tainan to wander around the heritage sites at night.

You might find yourself on the news though - ‘foreigner so interested in history, even turns up after closing time!’ or something equally mundane @.@;; Then we can all be treated to the same 2-second blurry shot of you walking past over and over roughly 200 times a day for the next week.

BTW, where is this boat thingy? I’d like to go explore too :smiley:

Do spies get the death penalty in Taiwan? :ponder: