Naturalisation - Processing while overseas

Thank you!

I’m pretty sure it’s good news, the old woman from the HHRO called my sister-in-law today to make sure she has a copy of the power of attorney to pick up my certificate for me.
She didn’t say that my application was approved nor did she say that she lost the power of attorney but seems like both are likely. Lucky my sister-in-law still does have a copy of it.

That’s handy to know!

2 Likes

Best of luck mate!!!

2 Likes

Application was rejected as we ‘need to submit to the household registration office for interview’

1 Like

Darn it :disappointed_relieved:

Why do you need an interview? I was never asked for an interview. Also why can’t you do an online interview on Zoom?

沒辦法

Dafuq?

They haven’t actually rejected per say. They’ve asked to return to be interviewed by the HHRO and resubmit the application…

2 Likes

So per usual it was an incompetent employees fault the application wasn’t approved.

Reading between the lines of her saving face due to her incompetence. She is supposed to interview everyone who applies, but instead she sends immigration to every applicants house. Usually this would just be a minor inconvenience but it is what caused my application to be rejected.

So the MOI told her to conduct an interview and that is all that’s needed, no immigration visit. And it must be done in person.

If she had done the ‘interview’ in the first instance it would have been approved already.

So she’s cost us $2100 in flights and a week of my husbands wages (I will be working remotely) cos she didn’t do her job properly.

She also refuses to call us and keeps calling my sister-in-law being ridiculous. My sister-in-law said to her 可以不要問白痴問題嗎 :joy::joy:

See you next week Taiwan.

4 Likes

Christ, that’s so silly.

2 Likes

Yep she’s been really annoying the last few days. My sister-in-law yelled at her yesterday for being stupid. She called my sister in law again today and my husband called her back and was calling her out on her incompetence

She is also the one who moved my husband’s household registration to Tongluo and that took her half the day and pissed everyone off then as well.

1 Like

Real piece of work

She changed her mind again. Pretty sure she’s making it up as she goes.

1 Like

你好台灣

Tomorrow’s the day and I have to smile and pretend that the HHRO 小姐 isn’t a complete moron.

Wish me luck

5 Likes

Good luck!

1 Like

Good luck! Eagerly watching to see what happens. :popcorn:

1 Like

So will that mean you have to serve time in the army?

Or are you planning on staying away until you’re too old?

No. When you naturalize you first do not have the ID Card and household registration. You have a Taiwan passport with no ID card. He will have a special Taiwan Area Resident ARC much like what looks like your APRC. Until one gets their ID card they cannot be drafted. One can use a TARC for as long as they like.

4 Likes

Not to mention… he now lives in Australia… So he could wait even 10 years and then come here for a 1 year break and get his Taiwan ID (After military age)

1 Like

No I won’t beed to go to the military as I won’t be applying for a 身份證 until after I turn 36.

Application has been resubmitted and she did her interview with both me and my husband. She’s still sending immigration for a visit for god knows what reason but probably just so she doesn’t have to admit this was all her fault.

She’s gotten dumber over the last few months. Every form she had to reprint at least twice cos she missed something.
After interviewing my husband (while I wasn’t around) she decided to tell my husband some totally incorrect things.

1. She told him that 無戶籍國民 cannot apply for passports.
  2. She told him that if I don’t apply for a 身份證 after one year my naturalisation will be revoked

She succeeded in stressing out my husband

4 Likes