Need advices

Update from OP?

[quote=“Radar”]Lots of interesting advice here. If it is that the family are poor, you will have an idea from the address. Where does she go when she goes to visit? Is it out in the boondocks?

You could of course come around this problem by offering to pay for them to come visit you guys, without any insinuation that they are poor…it is just the tradition in your home country. If they will accept this and you can speak a few words of Chinese you may well be fine.

I certainly wouldn’t hit this head on, I would try to find a way to get where you need to taking a slightly more scenic route than you might have intended. Pushing her to go to the courthouse tomorrow isn’t going to help you right now. If you can’t meet her parents you could at least ask to visit her home town and look around, as long as you seem comfortable you may end up getting invited to see the outside of the house and your reaction there may get you in the door.

Assuming that you are deeply in love (which having quit your job and moved here is presumbly a given) it is time for you to start trying to understand her and your new surroundings. Remember you can always get new papers.
Good luck.[/quote]

me thinks that you shouldve married her in your own country during the seven years you were there? and now? get her back to your country. Shes an adult. Get her away from her family. They will come around and even appreciate you. Because deep down which father doesnt respect a son in law that is willing to fight tooth and claw for his baby??? I know i would !!

Take her away. Assuming shes of legal age to marry. Buy those plane tickets and get her back to your own country. Marry her there and live with her there. Eventually the family will come around. They always do !! Chinese families almost NEVER DIS-OWN their kids

Tommy525 My ex-wife’s family disowned her because of me. Be careful with advice like that. Notably the 2 other sisters married English guys as well and had both been dating longer than us but didn’t dare come clean to the folks because they knew the reaction. We married first, my ex got disowned then the other 2 married and that was aok. Bizarre but to my knowledge the “ex” never got back in with the folks. They blamed her for the other two sisters going astray.

very sorry your wife got all the blame because she was the pioneer. But she chose you and made the right decision. IT was no doubt a tough one, but you can love her more for it. Your wife realized that you were her future.

its unfortunate, but happens in every country. Sometimes a person is made to choose between their family and their loved one. In my case? I would put my family in place. They wouldnt DARE to say NO to whoever i chose.

I wouldnt even let them influence my decision.

oops you said EX WIFE. Did you guys break up because of the family thing? OR have since broken up for other reasons?

Grow some balls mate, best thing you’ll ever do. :stuck_out_tongue:

Beats the shit outta trying to find a “Common Norm” amonst the vast plague labelled “Human Beings”.

Take care

moogerake