Needed: A stud cat

Actually, that was me. See:[/quote]Talk about taking things out of context…Wasn’t even me…Apology accepted anyways, I’m not a Star Trek fan and I did not get the reference.

I agreed to disagree with you but that’s easy…As for not replying, soothe yourself, I couldn’t care less. You posted a request for a male stud on a bulletin board where many regulars are animal lovers well in touch with the strays situation in Taiwan. What did you expect?

[quote=“StrayDog”]
The posts you read above are not meant to be rude or insulting, and certainly were not off-topic, but they were helpful - to the stray-cat population.[/quote]
Besides you said this:[quote=“Chicken”]So look at it from my POV. It is not my job to convince you, unless you have a male cat in mind. It is your job to convince me.[/quote] That is the only thing you said in this thread which potentially makes sense providing you’re not just playing the devil’s advocate. [quote=“Chicken”]Your not convinced I know what I’m doing… Good! I like to keep people off balance. It’s easier to tip them over. [/quote] That’s the problem here you see. Having fun tipping people over are you? Try again, I haven’t seen you tip anyone over in this thread yet, in fact I will summarize that for you in this post.[quote=“Chicken”]To answer your question of The Value of Life: I value it enough to end it if it would prevent suffering. But that is another debate.[/quote] What do you mean it’s another debate? No way! Nice try…You wrote this:[quote=“Chicken”]Therefore, as it has been pointed out to me that cats do not have a high value, and to avoid your social/legal preventatives, I will have to euthanise them. [/quote] I believe that is sufficient to question you about life and its value.

[quote=“Chicken”]
And I find myself having to repeat myself. My cat is not a stray. [/quote]Did I say that? [quote=“I”] I say breeding strays because it’s common sense that if everyone thought of this like you do, there would be more animals on the streets. [/quote] Who’s repeating himself now? …

[quote=“Chicken”]Do you have the moral fibre to stand behind your beliefs…[/quote] Erm…This is a bulletin board where people post their opinions. Again, one where many animal lovers post. It’s natural for any animal lover who is conscious of Taiwan strays problems(overpopulation) to disagree with you. Every pets I’ve ever had were strays, they were all neutered or spayed. I think that does it. Here’s [url=How do you deal with the loss of a pet? story.[/url] Maybe that will answer your morality question.[quote=“Chicken”]Do you have the moral fibre to stand behind your beliefs enough to post for 4 (or more) pages to defend them against others who are equally convinced they are right. [/quote] Who is convinced? You have two posters who posted in partial agreement with you. NeonNoodle and teggs. [quote=“StrayDog”]NeonNoodle…
The point is that stray cats were until very recently the kind of cat that you are trying to breed! To not want a stray is to not want the cat you’re breeding, which simply does not make sense and explains the ignorance behind the cause of overpopulation. It just helps breeders disassociate themselves from the problem. [/quote][quote=“teggs”]
I’m sure Chicken’s kittens (fu**ed up as that may sound) will all go to great homes and make wonderful pets. I also see Stray’s point … it’s a difficult one to call! [/quote] So NeonNoodles agrees with you but his post makes little sense as clearly pointed out by StrayDog and teggs also agrees it sound fucked up to breed more kittens.

As for “defending them against others who are equally convinced they are right”, all I can say is your argument is futile. Here’s why:

[quote=“StrayDog”]Sorry to be so blunt, but my colleagues and I are the ones taking care of the overflow that people like yourself cause. We’re the ones who have to care for them, feed them, and bury them. If they survive, we then have to compete with people such as yourself when it comes to finding them homes. [/quote][quote=“Little Yellow Dog”]Please educate yourself.[/quote][quote=“Juba”]Chicken, I hope the message is getting through. Please get your cat neutered now.[/quote][quote=“menghsindy”]The population of healthy cats is far from extinct here… but the number of responsible, loving pet owners is definitely limited. [/quote][quote=“LilyandScott”]Your other option is to take your pick of literally thousands of cats and kittens around this country and raise them as you would your own litter.
You can feel great that you have saved however many cats you take under your wing, you are giving these poor creatures a life and a home and you can feel happy you are not contributing to the problem.
[/quote][quote=“Woudsprite”]Chicken, have you ever thought of adopting a litter of kittens that has been found but are not mature enough to be on their own.[/quote][quote=“Sandman”]It doesn’t. There are hundreds of cat breeders here. There are hundreds of unwanted purebred cats on the streets dying slowly. Why add more? Unless you plan to keep the whole litter yourself for the next 15-18 years, you are adding to the problem.[/quote][quote=“Tigerman”]You (chicken) apparently believe that allowing your cat to give birth to a litter of kittens will be beneficial both physically and psychologically to your cat. Let’s assume that such is actually true. Can you measure the amount of benefit that your cat will receive against the risk that some of the kittens will face and against the problem of cat over-population that already exists? In other words, how much more healthy, in both physical and psychological ways, will your cat be if it gives birth to a litter of kittens as opposed to not? And how will your decision to breed your cat affect the already existing population of cats? Is breeding your cat and bringing into this space more cats really worth any possible benefit to your cat’s physical and mental well-being? [/quote][quote=“trapjaw”]
One more question: Do you value Life enough to prevent it being created in the first place if that would prevent future suffering?[/quote]
You see, you can question my moral fibre for disagreeing with you but I’d say perhaps I’m just agreeing with the many above quoted posters. It’s all the same because they all disagree with you. [quote=“Chicken”]I will refrain from replying to your posts until I have given it a good period of thought. [/quote] Sounds good to me.

bobepine