Never thought I'd have these feelings again

I think I need to see a pic of your new lady-love in order for me to assess the situation… :smiley:

So Mordeth, how did your weekend go? THAT’S what I want to know… :rainbow:

Well, I took the train down there because my car is temporarily out of comission…so that sucked. I got a hotel room…chatted with the staff while waiting for the room to be cleaned. Told them a lot about the girl (I’m too damn open). She shows up later…I hide in the stairwell…and follow her to my room. She gets to my room and opens the door…she sees I’m not in the room and guesses I’m in the bathroom since the door is shut and the light is on. She tells me later that she was about to scare me…it was this time when I yelled out and hugged her from behind…scaring the living hell out of her. Yep, I have a way with women :loco: .

The weekend was nice. She was still a little too shy for my taste. Another funny moment was when one of the staff guys…a gay guy, started talking to her when we were on our way out. Telling her how much I liked her. She was very embarrassed by this…but also very complemented. While riding her scooter she asks why I told the staff guy so much…I replied with “Because I like you so much I just want to tell everyone.” I then tapped on the shoulder of the guy sitting on his scooter next to us (we were at a red light) and said “I really like this girl” pointing over my shoulder at her…the guy just smiled and nodded his head. She laughed and started smacking me. It was good fun.

All together I was with her for 18 hours including sleeping time. This weekend she will be coming up to my house…so we should have over 36 hours…which will give us more time to do a variety of things.

Does this remind anyone of a certain person???

In all good fun, congrats man!!!

Man oh man oh man! I’m so HAPPY for you! Isn’t it great when you SO click with someone and have so much fun together. It’s a great feeling when everything seems to fall into place perfectly and all you do all day is think of when you can see her again. I’m sure you’re counting the minutes to this weekend. Honestly, I think when you’re only seeing each other on the weekends is great cos then the distance makes you appreciate each other more and makes you look forward to the times when you DO meet. :bravo:

Does she feel the same back?

Yes, she does. And that’s the best thing. Also the most difficult thing in a relationship. If one person starts liking the other person more…then the feelings become lopsided. I have had girlfriends I was crazy about, but they didn’t feel the same…and vise-versa. But we are both jumping into this head first at the same time. And that’s the best thing about it.

Yes, she does. And that’s the best thing. Also the most difficult thing in a relationship. If one person starts liking the other person more…then the feelings become lopsided. I have had girlfriends I was crazy about, but they didn’t feel the same…and vise-versa. But we are both jumping into this head first at the same time. And that’s the best thing about it.[/quote]

good on you mate. I hope you’re both very happy and it all works out well.

Buy a R1200GS !!!.. it’s the best passenger comfort money can buy (apart from ocean liner style tourers and cruisers) and it’ll dessimate 99% of bikes on Taiwan roads, and tour, and off-road, and commute, and stunt, and make coffee… etc…

Ive already conned skylarkpuma into selling his sportsbike and getting one… I’ll start a GS cult if it’s the last thing I do!.. mawahahha!..

oh and BTW congratulations on your new found lady friend…
:wink:

So?? I demand more gossip! I want thrills (and possibly a few spills).

Well the initial infactuation has worn away. We have a fairly stable and mature relationship now (read…boring). She’s intelligent, attractive and sweet. Sometimes she’s a bit too self-centered…but I’m not the greatest catch in the world either.

She has a good degree from a good university. And she just got a job in my city. She’ll be moving in with me in a few weeks. Maybe she’ll help me buy a new bike :smiling_imp: .

If you were still trying to jump each others’ bones I’d be worried she was slipping something into your coffee.

A happy ending and/or beginning though - that’s all I wanted to hear :slight_smile:

Good luck to you, your missus and your beautiful baby bike!

PS - the D&R forum has been a bit dull of late. Needs a bit of spicing up with some juicy gossip if you ask me.

[quote=“Mordeth”]Well the initial infactuation has worn away. We have a fairly stable and mature relationship now (read…boring). She’s intelligent, attractive and sweet. Sometimes she’s a bit too self-centered…but I’m not the greatest catch in the world either.

She has a good degree from a good university. And she just got a job in my city. She’ll be moving in with me in a few weeks. Maybe she’ll help me buy a new bike :smiling_imp: .[/quote]

She moved in today…and things are really looking up.

Great news, all the best Mordeth.

Now that the minor details are all worked out, how is that main objective going?:

[quote=“Truant”]Great news, all the best Mordeth.

Now that the minor details are all worked out, how is that main objective going?:

:smiley: My first laugh of the morning. Thanks.

Darn, I was hoping the fire would last forever.
Nothing does, does it?

Do you like this better? Or would you rather have that
“Never thought I’d have these feelings again…” feeling?

[quote=“kellohitty”]Darn, I was hoping the fire would last forever.
Nothing does, does it?

“Never thought I’d have these feelings again…” feeling?[/quote]

Well, my post with the word “boring” in it was written on a “low” day. The fire was constant in the begining. It’s still there now, but it needs a bit more work…and it comes and goes.

I like what I have now better. Because it’s something I can depend on…and a lot less scary.

[quote=“Mordeth”][quote=“kellohitty”]Darn, I was hoping the fire would last forever.
Nothing does, does it?

“Never thought I’d have these feelings again…” feeling?[/quote]

Well, my post with the word “boring” in it was written on a “low” day. The fire was constant in the begining. It’s still there now, but it needs a bit more work…and it comes and goes.

I like what I have now better. Because it’s something I can depend on…and a lot less scary.[/quote]

Real happy that things have worked out so well so far for the both of you. good on you mate.

Well for those of you still subscribed to this thread. 9 months is the answer. That’s how long it lasted.

We’ve been living together for about the last 3 months. Things were fine…I was content. She got a good job offer not too far away she moved out to get the job with the plan of coming on the weekends…etc. She’s been too busy with work to visit…and I’ve been too happy with life to care.

It’s weird…we were happy…we were sharing the same bed…she was my best friend and someone to talk to everyday. But when she moved out, there was this total lack of…me missing her. Which is kinda weird. I’ve never had such lack of emotion…coming out of such a long relationship before. Kinda freaky…actually.

I think technically we aren’t broken up yet. But I’m not phoning her…and oddly enough she isn’t phoning me…so I guess we are both fine :laughing: .

It’s like the adivce I give in the Forumosa Greeting window on the forum hompage…mine says “If someone is taking you for granted, take some time away from them. They will either remember how much they love you or realize that they don’t. Either way, you will be better off.”

I don’t know if we were taking each other for granted…but taking time apart from one another really helped me to look at our relationship in a new light…actually it helped me to not look at it…or think of it…or care…weird.

If I had to guess…I’d guess that after the “fire” died out…we were left with a relationship of convenience…we were both “fine” and “content” but nothing more…mind you, for some people that’s enough…it almost was for me.

Life’s a funny place.

is it really natural for people to get married and really enjoy each others company for 60 years?

I wish I could marry music.