Never thought I'd have these feelings again

Some ppl are juvenile.

Bodo

Some people are juvenile.

Bodo[/quote]

Thanks Bodo. :slight_smile: I figure heading down south when the typhoon is hitting the north of the Island hard is the way to go.

But, anything else you had in mind can work just as well.

It’s Friday morning now…just 24 hours until I head down south to meet up with her. I’m betting I won’t be able to sleep tonight…which won’t be good.

Man, this is better than Christmas Eve as a child. I’m predicting that she’ll be moving in with me…within two months. I can’t see much going wrong. But then again she still doesn’t know that I’m a necropedofecalphile :noway: .

Can I say something? we (at least me personally) as guys are all like to be saviour, it makes us feel great, like God, I am that good, I can help her. However as Jubom said before, no matter what you say or what you do, you can only support them, in the end they have to walk out by themselves. They have to deal with their own troubles, they can share it with you, you might be happy to listen, but not much you can do.

I can’t say if that is a healthy behavior to be a saviour, and if it’s a good thing if she wants to be saved. People have to be truly confident about themselves and truly love themselves to be able to truly love others. One way flow cannot go forever. Of course in the end, good luck with you, boy :smiley: . I hope all goes well for you.

P.S. I speak this out of personal experience.

Well, I made a relationship with a Thai girl work, and she was in Thailand and I was here. But the plane tickets got expensive…

So 4 hrs isn’t so bad :wink:

Enjoy, mate!

(“mate” is not a verb here :stuck_out_tongue: )

I’m rooting for you, Mordeth. I hope you’ll be putting big smiles on each other’s faces for a long time to come. :rainbow:

that expression always cracks me up. Where I come from, that means something entirely different.

BobbyTheRookie says go for it!

However, I have a dark and sinister secret. I was joined at birth by another, my twin: RobbieTheBooky. He does not share my abundant joy for life. Infact he feeds on the negative. Thats why he spends all day at the race track. I digress. He has some thoughts for you Mordeth.

RobbieTheBooky writes:
Mordeth, you have displayed impeccable manners in your dealings with said lady, kudos. But are you caught up in a feeling? You have stated that you feared you would never stir up feelings like you had for your ex. Obviously lady 2 has it ‘going on,’ but I notice from your stated reasons why she has floated your boat they are mostly visual treats. Beauty fades my friend, personality is forever. Are you caught in a whirlwind? It is typhoon season after all. I remember as a boy the excitement that lead up to Christmas day. I also remember the crashing after shock as the BMX I wanted didn’t have mag wheels, and the keyboard I asked for had no drum pads. Do you see? The anticipation was better than the truth.
Enjoy the moment, but don’t let your heart rule your head for too long. If she is the one, then let your mind have some room to make comments.

I want to make it very clear that I am not suggesting to either go or not go for something, do or not do something, since really I don’t see how Moderth could go “wrong” per se. Our choices always inform us more about ourselves. It is what it is. What it is is for Moderth to process and feel out and determine, either by himself or together with the girlfriend or both. I am just throwing my two cents on the table andd inviting Moderth to stay curious with himself as he ventures into new/somewhat familiar/old emotional territories in life.

At the same time, Moderth, it is interesting to me that you mentioned that many of your girlfriends were rape victims. You probably are someone safe for them to work out their stuff with, given your description of yourself. What about you? What do you think you get to create/work out for yourself what you need to work out with this particular dynamic? Someone mentioned the savior syndrome…a possibility? I honestly don’t know the answers since there are so many possibilities in life.

Can I also ask you what you want to create with this situation in your life? Is it intimacy? Conmittment? Exploration of yourself? Sometimes it helps me to get clear on what my intention is and what I want to create; that way I have something to use as a foundation to check out if my own behaviors are aligned with making that happen. I am particularly excited whenever I discover that my behaviors aren’t aligned with what I want to create: I have always benefitted hugely and learned a lot about myself once I am aware of my own contradictions. Sometimes I sm SO surprised with what I dig up and almost always end up feeling much freer once I process it through and integrate different parts of myself. But then again, different strokes for different folks. What works for me may not work for you, and I need to be humbled in that.

Keep us updated? Take gentle care! :laughing:

Anyway it’s better to have shoved and goshed than never to have shoved at all
or as they say
this and that
tit for tat
Honey won’t you git me
a kit kat?

I can’t imagine truer words were ever spoken.

Spent the day at the mall buying things for the weekend…some new clothes, massage oils…etc. Was really in a good mood. This was to be my first road trip with the my car. I bought it with my roommate and he uses it much more than me. I’ve never traveled more than an hour away.

So, we’re on our way back from the mall. We ate a good meal and we’re in a good mood. Some guy is driving like an idiot…we honk…he gets in front of us and boxes us in…next thing you know…three of our windows have been smashed in :astonished: . And I’m bleeding from about three different spots on my face…and a couple on my arm :help: .

So now I’m taking a train to see her :laughing: . It only takes 2.5 hours…not as long as I thought before…about that by car as well so people tell me. Alright, that’s it for now…gotta go try and pick some glass out of my eye. Well, at least my life isn’t boring :laughing: . With all the ups and downs I’m feeling lately…I might as well rent myself out as a human yo-yo.

P.S. I’m not kidding in the slightest…about anything in this post, aside from renting myself out as a human yo-yo…I wouldn’t do that.

[quote=“Jubom”]

Can I also ask you what you want to create with this situation in your life? Is it intimacy? Conmittment? Exploration of yourself?

Keep us updated? Take gentle care! :laughing:[/quote]

I’m at the age where I feel I’m mature enough to marry. I’m kind of a loner. I know a lot of guys who need to be with a girl…any girl. At least once every couple of weeks or less. I find I can be single for 6 months or so without getting lonely. I’m not dependent on a female to make me feel like a male.
For the most part I’m happy with who I am. I think it’s time I found someone to be with happy with. For all good things are better when shared, happiness the most so.

that expression always cracks me up. Where I come from, that means something entirely different.[/quote]Phew, I’m not alone. I really hope Omni’s not doing what we Antipodeans would take that to mean in Mordeth’s place.

Since I’ve finally posted on this thread, good luck Mordeth.

dude, I haven’t been back to Taiwan for a while now, but I didn’t know the street have gotten that dangerous. But again you’re foreigner, so things might be different, I don’t know. Back on your topic, good luck, I don’t think I should say much anymore.

Some people are juvenile.

Bodo[/quote]

Thanks Bodo. :slight_smile: I figure heading down south when the typhoon is hitting the north of the Island hard is the way to go.

But, anything else you had in mind can work just as well.[/quote]

:laughing: :bravo:

Bodo

that expression always cracks me up. Where I come from, that means something entirely different.[/quote]Phew, I’m not alone. I really hope Omni’s not doing what we Antipodeans would take that to mean in Mordeth’s place.

Since I’ve finally posted on this thread, good luck Mordeth.[/quote]

Definition of rooting: (D&R handy expat reference)

A Wombat who eats roots and leaves has bad manners.

Seems that in North America he would be attending a football game, supporting the home team while munching on a leafy branch.

No idea what he would be up to at a soccer match in the UK?

Below is one little guy hoping to cross the road successfully.

This sounds all too familiar. I met Miss Right just recently, and came to find out instead that she’s MRS. Right (aka someone else’s MRS. Wrong). Not that I’m implying anything, but it did strike a cord. :blush:

The problem with these "feelings’ is that they only last for a few months. Then reality settles in and you have to deal with the other person as an actual human being instead of some idealized beyond reality “lover”. That’s when the boredom sets in, and the relationship begins to rot. Do you love this person for more than her mere physical beauty, Mordeth? Somehow I don’t believe you at face value. Romantic “love” is just idealized lust. Real love takes time and work. You can’t really love a person until you’ve known them for years. There are many pretty faces my heart (dick) has swooned over but I wouldn’t call that teenage obsessional passion “love”.

I don’t think I ever did call it “love”, I’ve never said the word to her…other than saying “love at first sight”, I’ve never claimed to love her. But I don’t think anyone who experiences “love at first sight” would truly be “in love”, and I expected the people here to be intelligent enough to understand that.

Since first meeting her last Sunday we’ve talked every night on the phone for about 3-4 hours. That’s valid interaction with her looks not playing a part. And yes the initial attraction will wear away with time…but hopefully the “puppy love” will be replaced with a more substantial “love”.

Regardless, this is the first time I’ve felt like this in many many years…it’s a nice feeling…and that’s what I’m commenting on.

And don’t let anyone else’s comments dampen or devalue it for you, Mordeth.

Feeling like that cannot be anything but good, however much scepticism other people may fling at it for whatever reason.

Whether it blazes up and burns out quickly or smoulders on for years and years, it’s a wonderful thing to enjoy while it lasts and to savour in your memory for ever after if it does expire.