New Business Ideas plausible in Taiwan

Oops.

Correction, it’s (officially) illegal smoking outdoors when more than one person is sitting there and eating something![/quote]

Lots and lots of things are illegal here…and…

Taiwanese sure love foreign hotdogs :whistle:

What kind of bussines? How much money do you have to invest?

I do have some plans and also looking for partners in my existing company.

:raspberry: If I were Jeremy Lamb, then I’d play hard for GodFather Michael Jordan :bow:

Andrew, I don’t think restaurant is a business, it’s more like a self-employed job that takes up all your time and energy.

Just my opinion, plus I don’t have any talent in cooking anything besides instant noodles.

Thanks for the idea tho!?!

[quote=“dabomb_gent”]What kind of bussines? How much money do you have to invest?

I do have some plans and also looking for partners in my existing company.[/quote]

What kind of business partner are you looking for? I have some extra cash to invest, but then again I need to see some business plan before anything.

Care to talk?

Call me at 0934366576.

Taiwanese sure love foreign hotdogs :whistle:[/quote]
Sorry, I think 7-11 sell more hotdogs than anyone can digest :lick:

[quote=“Malcolm1”]You say that you are looking at investment or business opportunities, however there is a large difference between the two.

If investment is your aim, look at property outside Taiwan that gives a high yield rate, or buy ETFs or other stable high dividend stocks in markets and industries that you are familiar with.

If you have no experience in the property/ stock market just ask a broker.

These investments will provide you with a stable income, and no not all property and stocks are in a bubble, you just need to be careful and do your research.

Taiwan does have a number of start-ups many of which require an angel investor, preferably one with connections in the industry that can help the company thrive.

The start-up scene here is varied not all IT and apps, however the risk factor can be large.

But as they say no risk no reward.

From a small business point of view most of the non- Taiwanese that I have meet usually have a restaurant, café, bar, online business, in retail, design or run a cram school.

It is always best to start a business with something you have experience in, many companies start off as someone`s hobby.

If you really have no ideas why not have a walk round a franchisee exhibition next time one is on and see if you can get some inspiration.[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification, I’m actually looking for a partnership in a current business, hopefully in something I am familiar with, which is property and stock investment.

Got any leads?

:slight_smile:

[quote]

Thanks for the clarification, I’m actually looking for a partnership in a current business, hopefully in something I am familiar with, which is property and stock investment.

Got any leads?

:slight_smile:[/quote]

Hey guys,

I’m also looking to start a business in Taiwan. Problem is… i’m in Los Angeles now =P Anything that can be exported to LA? Dollar is looking mighty strong now. Looking to move to Taiwan in 2018. I’m an accountant here. I have multiple investment in single-family real estate in Texas and Indiana. Moving to Taiwan to get my kids an Asian foundation :wink:

Kevin

[quote=“pin2xbo”][quote]

Got any leads?

Hey guys,

I’m also looking to start a business in Taiwan. Problem is… I’m in Los Angeles now =P Anything that can be exported to LA? Dollar is looking mighty strong now. Looking to move to Taiwan in 2018. I’m an accountant here. I have multiple investment in single-family real estate in Texas and Indiana. Moving to Taiwan to get my kids an Asian foundation :wink:

Kevin[/quote]

How Jim Roger’s of you.

Think electronics, displays, machinery, auto parts, … You can PM me if you have questions about it.

[quote=“pin2xbo”][quote]

Got any leads?

Hey guys,

I’m also looking to start a business in Taiwan. Problem is… I’m in Los Angeles now =P Anything that can be exported to LA? Dollar is looking mighty strong now. Looking to move to Taiwan in 2018. I’m an accountant here. I have multiple investment in single-family real estate in Texas and Indiana. Moving to Taiwan to get my kids an Asian foundation :wink:

Kevin[/quote]

Hey Kevin,

I think We can Start a Chinese Tutor Website for English Speaking Kids.

Think that’s a good idea?

:slight_smile:

JamezKu

:bow:

Who is Jim Roger?

You do know what Google is right?

Good luck.

:laughing:

To which one of these gentlemen might you be referring?

Business Idea:

I’ve noticed in my company that the daily delivery of soup (poured into plastic bags) is met with very little enthusiasm.
I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that even locals are tired of the same thing there’s been very little change in this department and probably opportunity for an upgrade and overhaul of the whole soup thing in Taiwan.

You know how AMAZING soup is after it’s been cooked and left boiling in bunch of ingredients at the various hot pot restaurants. Why not deliver that with the usual lunch box to companies!!!

Hammer hard on the dangers of plastic bags in your pamphlets and offer companies their own non toxic high temperature containers and pick up drop off service. Put it all online on apps etc.

Call it SOUP MONKEY and have a cute little logo of monkey delivering soup in a tiny little truck

Wait, you want to sell used soup from hot pot restaurants? :bow:

Haha, you might be on to something…

OMG, you guys are hilarious :roflmao:

Hansioux, you really don’t know Jim Rogers?

Well, then go read some books.

:bow: