New Business Ideas plausible in Taiwan

NO SOUP FOR YOU! :fume:

NEXT!!

Business idea:

Luxury cars and even standard high end cars have exploded in Taiwan over last 5-10 years

Problem is the Taiwanese boys can’t drive for shit and you can set your watch by the next crashed Ferrari

I’ve heard that insurance is more lucrative in Taiwan than the actual sales of the car!

Opportunity for very experienced luxury car test driver to open school to help owners handle these cars. Italian or some such nationality would work, something that plays into their silly Cliches about sports cars and foreigners

Charge tens of thousands of NT per hour

It costs hundreds of thousands of NT just for first 1k maintenance!

Business idea:

Luxury cars and even standard high end cars have exploded in Taiwan over last 5-10 years

Problem is the Taiwanese boys can’t drive for shit and you can set your watch by the next crashed Ferrari

I’ve heard that insurance is more lucrative in Taiwan than the actual sales of the car!

Opportunity for very experienced luxury car test driver to open school to help owners handle these cars. Italian or some such nationality would work, something that plays into their silly Cliches about sports cars and foreigners

It costs hundreds of thousands of NT just for first 1k maintenance!

[quote=“BlownWideOpen”]Business idea:

It costs hundreds of thousands of NT just for first 1k maintenance![/quote]

Haha, that would suit my ex down to the ground. Italian ‘classic sports car’ obsessive. Actually, it would just hurt his soul to see the cars getting wrecked. I once asked him to teach me to drive in one of his babies and after he stopped laughing (ten minutes or so), he looked very, very afraid, as if the English witch had asked for one of his testicles on a plate.

Did you mean to write ‘high end cars have exploded’? :laughing:

In that same vein… Earthquake insurance. Several people have told me it “doesn’t exist,” but I suspect it’s just that they are too lazy / can’t afford to buy it. Why would you pay so much money for a concrete box in Taipei and then skip the insurance aspect of it???

BUSINESS IDEA!

Taiwan was hit by 22 typhoons this year! And every time? there is a typhoon, there is fear that the government would stop the water due to contamination of debris! Taiwan residence need their own personal water filtration system to survive the shut-off periods. Water filtration system that could be attached to the windows and collect rain water to be processed and collected to plastic barrel(s). Or better yet, B2B, where the whole building would use existing drainage system for the building’s water reserve system! Where there’s typhoon, there’s water! Anyone want to invest?!

I’m sure you could buy insurance but the premium may simply be too high due to the very high risk in Taiwan. Or it could be that attitudes to insurance haven’t caught up with the massive rise in asset prices.
Or it could be that incomes don’t match asset prices so people think or really cannot afford earthquake insurance, asset rich, cash poor.
Or it could be their attitudes to risk are ‘come what may’’ and pray to your local temple is cheaper.

Earthquake Insurance in Taiwan?

OMG.

Only you can think of something as retarded as that, my Lord Jesus Christ!?!

:roflmao:

Personal attacks not welcome.

Run along now you lazy fellow.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]Personal attacks not welcome.

Run along now you lazy fellow.[/quote]

Common sense and personal attack are mutually exclusive.

Lazy is as lazy does.

:bravo:

Publishing a shiny magazine about the ‘quality’ of foreign men!

1 Like

Because it’s a concrete box that doesn’t collapse :ohreally: … so, only the interior thingies need to be insured, like the Swarovski stuff and Hello kitty clock!

OMG.

:roflmao:[/quote]

Do you personally know Hokwongwei? If you don’t know him, what makes you think you have the right to make such a judgement about someone you don’t know?
And I don’t think Jesus Christ is your Lord. Nor would he approve of your response.

But regarding the Earthquake insurance, yes, you are right. Earthquake insurance in Taiwan would be a bad idea simply because of the sheer number of earthquakes that hit Taiwan each year.

OMG.

But regarding the Earthquake insurance, yes, you are right. Earthquake insurance in Taiwan would be a bad idea simply because of the sheer number of earthquakes that hit Taiwan each year.[/quote]

Unless you could somehow sneak in a clause about not paying for damage caused by an ‘Act of god’ … :whistle:

Anything food!!! But it’ll only take weeks before copy-cats follow.

OMG.

But regarding the Earthquake insurance, yes, you are right. Earthquake insurance in Taiwan would be a bad idea simply because of the sheer number of earthquakes that hit Taiwan each year.[/quote]

Unless you could somehow sneak in a clause about not paying for damage caused by an ‘Act of god’ … :whistle:[/quote]

I remember asking about this when I was looking to buy a house. In my own Fourth World part of the globe it is mandatory, as well as fire insurance. Not here. Customers deemed it unlucky and unnecessary, they told me. Uh? The unlucky part I get but the unnecessary? Seems the value of the pace is determined by the amount of land rights you have so it does not matter your insurance as somehow this is what you get in case the building falls down by natural causes or is torn to build a skyscraper. This is what I was told. Anyways, I cannot see banks being so “generous” as to offer this logical service. It would mean a big payout instead of the usual: the building falls, people sue the construction company, which either dissolves itself and its owners disappear, or they have already disappeared. Hence, the lack of insurance. Protect big business at all costs.

I told you guys also how surprised I was also to find out that when you take a loan here to buy a house, it is NOT mandatory -heck, few banks even offer it as an option- to have insurance in case you croak halfway through your payments so the family can actually buy the farm -in this case, pay off the loan. People it seems are left a lot to their own devices.

In that note, cancer insurance has become very popular lately. Interestingly, I was recently offered a new product, in which you gamble with your life. If you have not contracted cancer in 20 years, you get the bulk of what you have paid. :ohreally:

That’s why openeing a house of prayer (temple) or doing some FengShui advice is such a lucrative business in Taiwan, people pray and pay instead of buying insurance. :ohreally:

In my home country mandatory insurance when buying a house: loss of income insurance, fire and all related stuff insurance. Other mandatory insurance … third party insurance, car/vehicle insurance when owning a car. Health insurance … and more that I can’t remember right now.

Because it’s a concrete box that doesn’t collapse :ohreally: … so, only the interior thingies need to be insured, like the Swarovski stuff and Hello kitty clock![/quote]

it is available!

Yeah, I’m sure you’ll sell a lot if you were on the cover of the first issue.

Houston, we have a problem.

:doh: