New Costco Coming to Guandu, Beitou District, Taipei

So, it’s now been confirmed that Costco will be coming to Guandu, Beitou District on the border of Danshui. My contact is forbidden from giving me the address at this time, but says it will definitely be in the Guandu Science and Technology Park near Asus, Mercedes Benz, Toyota, and Shuo.

Here’s a map of the general location and my two guesses where it will end up being built.

The gist of the news releases for those of you who don’t habla is…

1. It will open near the end of the first quarter next year in the Guandu Science and Technology Park.
  2. The size of the agreed upon location is 5,732 ping.
  3. The lease agreement is for 40 years with Costco constructing their own building and parking lots.

Here are some news releases.

[quote]
COSTCO關渡店 最快明年Q1底開幕

房東為東森國際 合約期限40年

承租位於新北市關渡科技園區的5732坪土地,最快明年第1季底開出第11家店。

東森國際13日公告與好市多簽約,正式承租關渡科技園區5732坪土地,好市多將自行興建賣場與停車場,合約期限40年。

據了解,東森國際40年租約共可取得總租金逾5.2億元,平均年報酬逾3%,東森國際主管指出,一方面可活化關渡土地資產,另一方面也可增加當地就業機會。
[/quote]

[quote]
東森積極活化關渡地

另,位於關渡科技園區的其餘土地,東森國際將規劃為海峽兩岸文創與電子商務營運中心。東森國際主管說,與好市多簽約後,會立即進行申請建照、動工等後續作業,該區將規劃成4棟建築物,其中3棟是海峽兩岸文創與電子商務營運中心。

關渡科技園區土地共達1萬1443坪,是北市北投、士林地區的重要門戶。

東森集團分析,該園區地理位置優越,緊鄰捷運關渡站,距台北自由貿易港僅20分鐘車程,且周邊有華碩、和碩、中華賓士、TOYOTA等知名廠商,都在附近設立企業總部,因而被好市多相中,加上淡水、北投、士林一帶消費者眾多,相當看好賣場發展性。
[/quote]

Sweet, should take a little pressure off the Neihu one, parking there is a falkin nightmare on the weekend.

Thank the food gods! This is wonderful news!

And the underwear gods as well!

And the underwear gods as well![/quote]
And the big-ass loaf of toilet paper gods! Woohoo!

Any update on this? Still scheduled for opening around the end of the first quarter in 2014, so I guess sometime in spring?

I’m also wondering if there’s any current news. Would be lovely to have one that close to me.

Bumpity bump. I remember hearing about six months ago that the Guandu Carrefour had been delayed for about a year - does anyone have more recent news about possible opening dates (if ever)?

EDIT: oops. I meant Costco, not Carrefour.

We’re still waiting for the one in Keelung city to open, the building is up, but they’ve been working in it for nearly 3 years.

Where in Keelung?

At the bottom of Xinfong street, down from a.mart, big construction across from the gas station.

Awesome, that’s just a few minutes from my home.
Go Go Go :pray:

Anyone know when this will open? I see there’s an actual structure to the structure now.

I passed by a building in Guandu today on the train that looks suspiciously like a Costco warehouse… Just right beside the track… but the map at the beginning of the thread seems to show a different area!

Weird.
K

They expect to open Costco in the middle of 2016. They started to build the structure last December. It’s just half way between Zhongyi MRT and Guandu MRT, easy to see from the train when we pass there. It’s not exactly the location where Northcoast Surfer posted. Costco will be all the free area between 立功街 and 立德路.

Thanks for updating, although the delays are a little depressing - first prediction was for the first quarter of 2014 (i.e. over a year ago), then delayed a year (i.e. opening now) … and now 2016. Darn. I guess I’m not going to have that delicious case of Costco beer within scooter range anytime soon.

I just saw an advertisement from Costco trying to get members. It says the Guandu store will open by the end of the year. :idunno: I’m not going to get my hopes up.

We stopped by their temporary office at Guandu to ask. They would only say they were opening by the end of the year. That could be Sept 1 or Dec 31, but it will be open by this year :discodance:

Solar or Lunar year?