🆔 New format for ARC/APRC number is not accepted--testing and reporting thread

Yes, that was the case for when I had ARC. Now, with APRC, it doesn’t even have an expiration date.
I think I push until the last moment to update my APRC number. Hopefully, we would have fixed the law to allow dual citizenship before that! :praying:

1 Like

That’s right, but… I don’t know how they would react. Would they cancel your APRC? I don’t know!

1 Like

I think this is a new one?

It’s from a government website, if you want to apply to use the API to access electronic invoice data (電子發票) - https://www.einvoice.nat.gov.tw/APCONSUMER/BTC605W/

I tried both the old format and the new format, neither were valid.

As far as I can tell, the terms don’t exclude non-citizens (but it’s also very vague).

1 Like

Does anyone know any Taiwanese payment gateway that accepts ARC? I’m developing my online store and again like many times need a wife to do paperwork for me. So you can imagine how hard is that :rofl: (dealing bussnies with wife)

2 Likes

Every time I try to use a Taiwanese government website with either my old or new ID

13 Likes

So to use Pingtung shared bike with youyu card, you need to register and link with ID. Who can guess what comes next…? New ARC number is not valid.

I guess I should be grateful they at least have credit card option that doesn’t require ID…

1 Like

I couldn’t get the website to give me an error with a test new ID format PINGTUNG PUBLIC BIKE

Can you try and screenshot?

1 Like

Unfortunately this was at a local machine when visiting the other day.

But it seems the online site you gave works. Albeit only ipass. But better than nothing I guess?

Government’s website for paying taxes doesn’t accept the new ARC format (for paying vehicle tax with credit card, at least).

The top page of the website:

https://paytax.nat.gov.tw/Default.aspx

The page with the error (it wont load directly, you get there if you click on the car symbol and fill in the car tax bill details and choose to pay by credit card):

https://paytax.nat.gov.tw/PayTaxCard.aspx?opt=4

8 Likes

Not technically a troublesome issue, yet, but I’m fairly confident that it will be in a matter of time. Anyways, it’s a bit of a taste of ridiculous bureaucracy.

I received my APRC in April 2021, with the new number. At that time, only a few things were required, including updating my post office bank account, credit card, and licence/insurance information (including labor insurance). It was clearly stated that my NHI card and related information would be unaffected, but that I could get a new card for a nominal few. No time for that.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. My university tells me that the NHI is asking for a photograph so that they can update my healthcare card with my new APRC number. I give it to them and receive a new card a week later. It’s at this point I realized a couple of things:

• my new card will not have the stickers for my vaccinations on it, so if I want to prove my vaccination status I will need to carry around that yellow passport
  • all of my medical records and registrations at hospitals and clinics are linked to my previous ARC number, which is what I have used and am currently using to make appointments and check in. What use, then, is the new card?
  • I was not asked to relinquish my old healthcare card, so now I have two cards. Isn’t this a security issue?
  • The card number (bottom left) and my name (now written in full) differ from the old card. This is not going to match up in many situations. I recall that the vaccination appointments were made using that 12 digit number.

Last week I had two separate appointments. I use my old card without any difficulties. One doctor helped me to check the new card, which did not register with their system. So I guess, in a way, this is a kind of issue related to the new format / number.

At least the new card doesn’t have that huge 外籍 beneath my picture. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Too bad when you don’t have CC.

That was wrong information. When you work and update your NHI contributions to the new ID number, NHI is supposed to cancel your old card.

The records are linked to the new card. But you need to let the nurses at the front know that you recieved a new NHI card, so they can update their own records.

Not really. It is still linked to your name, photo.

vaccination records should carry over

1 Like

Your card says foreigner under your pic? o_O

1 Like

Old NHI cards had it listed, years and years ago

1 Like

This has to be very very very old because I’ve been here for years and years.

Would we say years and years and years?

Yes

keanu-reeves-whoa

3 Likes

2004 is definitely years and years and years.

1 Like

Thing is, you could just scratch it off if you didn’t like it. The printing they used to use was even worse than the ones now, it would just rub off

3 Likes