🆔 New format for ARC/APRC number is not accepted--testing and reporting thread

Why not do things systematically to begin with? Do you have a website with a simple explanation of how National ids and non-National ids look like? Put up a technical spec there on how to be compliant with a simple freakin number format. It’s not hard - this is 2021. We can put up a technical document with an API that describes and validates based on a REGEX that should be used by everyone.

Ask technical foreign experts in Taiwan for advice - it’ll be the best advice you’ll get in this regards :slight_smile:

It’ll take a day to write the document and a day to make revised string parsers - doesn’t meet more that 2 days for anyone to be fully compliant.

But given the sorry state of affairs of Taiwan in this regards, it’ll be of the likes of systems of say PChome, T-ex, Chunghwa telecom - never going happen!

2 Likes

String validation here:

APIs here:

1 Like

Not all the error codes and description are in English so can’t study it in detail.

Plus if they have a working schema, what is the need for individual complaints? Shouldn’t there be a mechanism for them to tell all government agencies and critical agencies (banks etc) to make sure they’re compliant within a certain date?

If there was such an operating procedure to begin with, the number format change wouldn’t be required would it? They could have asked everyone to just follow the docs and accept National ids and arcs properly.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t the range for Gender be [1-2|8-9]?

Exactly our point, please read comments above…

:bouquet:

And while you’re at it, could you please explain to the system engineers that other languages like English do have the concept of “spaces”?

My name shows up as with all letters clobbered together in the receipts invoices of many services. Seriously, is introducing support for having spaces in the name that hard?

Hi Audrey, is it possible to have one official ID schema, instead of Taiwan ID vs Foreigner UI.

It should should like this:

[A-Z][1-2|8-9][00000000-99999999]

Then just delete the second row “外來人口統一證號”

Wasn’t that the whole point of this number change?

5 Likes

Of course it’s possible. They could even include non-binary people in the new number. But I’m afraid that the law making allready happened so any input that happens now is futile for the time being.
We could try to advocate for another change of the Number to ultimately have one uniform system for everyone but the chances for that to happen in the near future are close to non imho, as “we just recently changed it”.
A perfect example of 差不多. The numbers look similar enough on paper.

Why is a schema even required? These are relics of the past where regional encoding ( like phone area codes) were required.

Just allocate people number ids that’s it. Call it national Boba id. All relevant info would be stored in the database.

8 Likes

Ya, a number plus checksum is all that is needed.

I don’t think it was, otherwise they would have included us in the 1-2 or at least make ours 3-4 to update a simpler [A-Z][1-4][00000000-99999999]

Remember this is a country that showed the province of birth of your father on your ID just so waishengren could be sure of getting a better lick of the iron rice bowl…

5 Likes

I went to Hi-life to collect NT200 for winning UI lottery. I knew the old number didn’t work, and I hoped my new number can work at convenience store.

It didn’t :rage: My NT200!

I’ve used my ARC number to collect winnings. Though now that I think of it, I do it at 711.

Try 711?

I have an old ARC.

2 Likes

Really? I did at 7/11 when I had old number, and rejected. I will try again.

Yeah. I write my info on the back.

Give the fapiao to them and i get my money.

I have also done it with the old letter letter format.

Is it the printed receipt or digital one that you need to use iBon to print it out?
The printed receipt has always worked in 7-11 and Family Mart.