New Forumosa

Pretty cool the way a link to a news article formats automatically, just paste the URL and you’re good to go, like in this post:

Heh, same thing for a link from this site, pretty cool too

I was not a fan of how the index page shows the most recent commented topic, but this is a great way to look into other topics on sub-forums that you would never visit.

This also brings more traffic to my cycling forum that didn’t get too much traffic when it was buried under sports in the old phpBB format…muahahaha!

2 Likes

Cool. We’ve tried to clean up the appearance and increase the utility of the Categories index page by setting up some new forum groups there, renaming/moving some stuff and making some other changes. It’s still a work in progress

1 Like

I like how partial quotes (made by marking text in a post and then clicking “quote reply”) automatically provide a link to the entire quote, and to the post it comes from, like this:

1 Like

I am here, so it must be idiot-proof to some extend.

I like the idea of the Wiki post, and I just tried to make one here:

I’m not going to lie, at first I didn’t like the new set up. But I’m starting to like the clean look and am getting used to it more. I wish our Avatar could be bigger though. And Is it just me or is there less posts than previously? I wonder if people didn’t come over to the new site because of the new set up.

Ditto to the avatar being able to be a little bigger.

I didn’t like how the old format you needed the avatar to be the right dimensions, that was hella annoying. This is a great improvement.

yeah, I think many of us in the community have gotten to know each other by the avatars. It would be nice if they would bigger, like I don’t think you can really tell what my picture is.

It’s you running on a baseball field while holding a picture of you giving the finger to mao

1 Like

Clicking on your name, you see a profile page that gives a bigger view. If you enlarge it the resolution starts getting lost though–the system seems to upload a low-res copy.

It is good though not to have to resize or mess around with photobucket or the like. Upload from your device or the web and you’re good to go.

1 Like

So do we get one of them Boy Scout badgy deals the first time one of our posts gets zotzed by a Mod???

1 Like

Lemme try something:

Yep. Works with gifs

1 Like

It’s actually our team logo, me giving Mao the finger.

Also, I had just became a high school triad member. I did like the old status thing, it’s pretty amusing. I guess we have badges now? I’m still figuring it out.

I just noticed this while I was posting up the weekend ride for the cycling group.

If I decide to quote a post, the formatting does not get quoted. So I have to indent all the lines and bold everything. Did I miss something?

Can you give me an example? I just ran a test and the formatting seemed consistent.

My latest update to the cycling club thread:

Happens when I highlight the text I want to quote and press “quote”.

Hmmm. The system generates a preview that seems to ignore that formatting. To get the complete formatted post, click the down arrow at top right.

Maybe there’s a way around it when this isn’t desired, I’ll look.

Thanks TG.

Actually, when I posted the link to that thread, the post automatically showed the preview and the issue of formatting didn’t show unless the drop down was pressed, was a whole other issue. :sweat_smile: I was trying to get you to click the web address to get to the thread and test from there.