New in Taiwan

Definitely take your ID if going anywhere that is like a club, bar, etc. As far as I am aware of the legal age for alcohol etc. is 18, so you should be good.

By the way, being only 18 might entitle you to revive one of these this threads (no definitive answers there yet) without being accused of being a wannabe-child-molester :wink:

[quote=ā€œis03ā€]hahaa u r kinda right and kinda wrong. ill love to visit museums but hell, I have seen some from the outside but thought it was going to be all Chinese. so i planned to go to museums when my Mandarin skills are better.
[/quote]

At least the Palace Museum has quite nice English language guided tours. I am not so much for Museums except for maybe tech and history - but at least the guide the group that I joined had was telling really cool stuff about even the most boring looking artifacts there. Definitely worth a visit, regardless of age.

Yeah, not knowing anyone here really sucks. You really need to get to know some people, preferrably not such old farts as many on this forum here, though :stuck_out_tongue:

My best hint would be join some online friend finding place like friends.forumosa.com - yes, people use such stuff for hooking up as well, but apart from that you can find people with similar interests there easily. It costs some money, though. Donā€™t be shy to contact guys there, even as a guy - its not for hookup :wink:

Others use Facebook, Myspace, MSN messenger etc. to just get to know some people, and eventually end up finding some cool people to hang out with.

Language exchange you already mentioned, and since you are of Chinese descent I guess the chance that your LE partners (if female) will honestly want language exchange, not using this as an excuse to try to hook up, is higher :stuck_out_tongue: Dunno if you mind that, though. Anyway, just donā€™t teach them your style of written English please :no-no: :smiley:

[quote=ā€œis03ā€]
just today I went from guting all to zhongxiao ( I think) yea, where Sogo is and I went walking, really fun. but like im not sure if i should go by myself to like, hotsprings and stuff.[/quote]

Well, for hotsprings you might want to find a local girlfriend first :sunglasses: