New in Taiwan

Are you fairly good looking? And you speak english right? That will help because spanish speaking TW girls are kinda rare.

You should do just fine, really. TW is probably one of the easiest places to meet people. Go find a nice hip cafe with lots of chicks run by younger people. YOu will soon be part of the gang there and get to go places and do stuff. TW girls are pretty aggressive and may approach you. They ask you stupid stuff like “whats the time” etc, it means they want to get to know you. Dont just give em the time !

I wish I was 18 again and in TW. (course 18 again and in Berkeley wouldnt be bad either…humma humma).

Dont get drunk in Singapore
divaasia.com/article/6701

And dont get too drunk in a TW bar and chat up a mob doll either or else you could get “met” outside the place.

hey great ideas!
lol and I consider myself fairly good looking hahaha, like a bit better than you average taiwanese guy… but people here ,esp girls, seems to like crazy hairstyle, black jackets and piercing guys? I’m not even into that!

but, you know what? I’ve always feared the idea of going to some social place, like a club or bar or movie, ALONE! And worse if I don’t know the language and not be able to communicate, like… well?

But anyways, I should try :discodance:

[quote=“is03”]hey great ideas!
lol and I consider myself fairly good looking hahaha, like a bit better than you average taiwanese guy… but people here ,esp girls, seems to like crazy hairstyle, black jackets and piercing guys? I’m not even into that!

But anyways, I should try :discodance:[/quote]
You’ll be well INTO that in a couple of months trust me :roflmao:

OMG, just go to one of those lava, room18 and what not on a friday and saturday nite?? Sssh, you wouldnt be alone too long unless u wanna be?

Are the women there HOT??? Way toooo hot, too hot.

( i need a drink now)

Reach out to the Latino community. I know, it is a bit of a hassle, a crutch, etc… but most of the time you will have Europeans, Japanses, other Overseas Chinese, etc. in it because of the language connection.

Meipanfa.

Don’t worry, at the beginning everyone succumbs to the tribe syndrome… then they get girlfriends and everyone goes their own way.

Hey, Tommy, he’s 18, don’t send hgim to Room 18!!

[quote=“Icon”]Reach out to the Latino community. I know, it is a bit of a hassle, a crutch, etc… but most of the time you will have Europeans, Japanses, other Overseas Chinese, etc. in it because of the language connection.

Meipanfa.

Don’t worry, at the beginning everyone succumbs to the tribe syndrome… then they get girlfriends and everyone goes their own way.

Hey, Tommy, he’s 18, don’t send hgim to Room 18!![/quote]
What? I thought you had to be 18 to be in 18??

Hey i was taken for a ride by a 22 year old when I was 17. What a ride it was too. Just like being dragged by a great white. Straight into it.

Me thinks he is gonna have FUN , now matter which way he goes . Just keep his nose clean, avoid mob dolls , avoid trouble and he will be fine.

Best thing for him is a 20 something TW girl to show him the ropes.

edit: Or any kinda 20 something girl , doesnt have to be Taiwanese.

[quote=“fenlander”][quote=“is03”]hey great ideas!

But anyways, I should try :discodance:[/quote]
You’ll be well INTO that in a couple of months trust me :roflmao:[/quote]

wtf!!! NO WAY!! NO WAY!

[quote=“tommy525”]OMG, just go to one of those lava, room18 and what not on a friday and saturday night?? Sssh, you wouldnt be alone too long unless u wanna be?

( I need a drink now)[/quote]

Of course I don;t want to be alone… but ehm… explain yourself! What the hell are those places?!

Yea… women here are hot! hahaha I’ve never seen so many good looking people in one place!

[quote=“Icon”]Reach out to the Latino community. I know, it is a bit of a hassle, a crutch, etc… but most of the time you will have Europeans, Japanses, other Overseas Chinese, etc. in it because of the language connection.

Meipanfa.

Tribe syndrome? lol? what’s that?
…room 18? hmmm???

[quote=“tommy525”][quote=“Icon”]Reach out to the Latino community. I know, it is a bit of a hassle, a crutch, etc… but most of the time you will have Europeans, Japanses, other Overseas Chinese, etc. in it because of the language connection.

Meipanfa.

What? I thought you had to be 18 to be in 18??

Hey I was taken for a ride by a 22 year old when I was 17. What a ride it was too. Just like being dragged by a great white. Straight into it.

Me thinks he is gonna have FUN , now matter which way he goes . Just keep his nose clean, avoid mob dolls , avoid trouble and he will be fine.

Best thing for him is a 20 something TW girl to show him the ropes.

edit: Or any kinda 20 something girl , doesnt have to be Taiwanese.[/quote]

oh btw, yea, I;ve yet to meet more spanish speaking people. In my school, I’ve just met one. Is there anyone who can speak spanish here?

is there any more chinese born foreigner people here? like me? or young people… idk? lol

[quote=“is03”][quote=“tommy525”]OMG, just go to one of those lava, room18 and what not on a friday and saturday night?? Sssh, you wouldnt be alone too long unless u wanna be?

( I need a drink now)[/quote]

Of course I don;t want to be alone… but ehm… explain yourself! What the hell are those places?![/quote]

What kind of music do you like?

Those places are clubs that play mostly… uhm… what do you call that… HipHop? Well, not Rock anyway. And those places, especially Room18, Babe18 and Lava (near Neo19 building, near Viewshow/ex-warner village cinemas, near City Hall MRT, near 101), are well known for a younger crowd (as in high school students for example). That’s why some of the old farts here on Forumosa drool over those girls I guess, especially when they dress over-the-top slutty.

If you are more of a rock guy, I’d recommend Roxy99’s Rock Night, on wednesday evenings. Also pretty lots of young people there as well.

OK, OK lemme ask around where is the hot new place for the Latin community to go out dancing. In the good old days, you could spot us at MTC for all the noise we made… :grandpa:

Usually, all you had to do was say “hij… chinos” in a crowded place, and before you completed the sentence, someone would turn around and say “Oh, habla espanol, de donde es?”

You try: “que muchacha mas linda” in front of a group of girls, it’ll work out just the same.

Yes, I am Oversize, ehem, Overseas Chinese and hablo espanol. There are many here in the forum and more out there, hidden in plain sight. :smiley:

I can unilaterally verify that such a thing does not exist, that’s like saying “too much sex” or “not enough stinky tofu”

[quote=“olm”][quote=“is03”]

Of course I don;t want to be alone… but ehm… explain yourself! What the hell are those places?![/quote]

What kind of music do you like?

Those places are clubs that play mostly… uhm… what do you call that… HipHop? Well, not Rock anyway. And those places, especially Room18, Babe18 and Lava (near Neo19 building, near Viewshow/ex-warner village cinemas, near City Hall MRT, near 101), are well known for a younger crowd (as in high school students for example). That’s why some of the old farts here on Forumosa drool over those girls I guess, especially when they dress over-the-top slutty.

If you are more of a rock guy, I’d recommend Roxy99’s Rock Night, on wednesday evenings. Also pretty lots of young people there as well.[/quote]

Yeah, I’m not really into HH but R&B is fine, but I’m more into Rock and that Rock Night sounds fun! Do they have like a website or something to go check it out next wednesday.

So, it’s near the City Hall? coool!!

[quote=“Icon”]OK, OK lemme ask around where is the hot new place for the Latin community to go out dancing. In the good old days, you could spot us at MTC for all the noise we made… :grandpa:

Usually, all you had to do was say “hij… chinos” in a crowded place, and before you completed the sentence, someone would turn around and say “Oh, habla espanol, de donde es?”

You try: “que muchacha mas linda” in front of a group of girls, it’ll work out just the same.

Yes, I am Oversize, ehem, Overseas Chinese and hablo espanol. There are many here in the forum and more out there, hidden in plain sight. :smiley:[/quote]

hahaha nice, I’ll try that one, next time I go to the Main Station or city Hall I’ll yell “PUTTTA MADREEEE AQUI ESTOY!!!” to see what happens…

yeah and like… can someone show me around?

Sure, joke about it… until you find your foot in your mouth. :laughing:

One day, we were on a bus, and I noticed a very handsome Taiwanese guy. So I tell my friend, “mira que guapo, y que buen pompis se tiene…”

The guy turns deep red.

Ooops. :blush:

Of those, I have many examples. So, moral of the story: beware.

*ps.
pompis meaning derriere.

jajaja pero sabes que, ya llevo casi 3 semana y no he hablado espanol con nadie! damn!

Naaah, near City Hall is the other clubs I mentioned, the one with the younger crowds. I guess R&B is somewhere as well, but I’m no expert on that…

Roxy99’s website is in chinese only (and one website for all Roxy ventures, theres more than just the 99), but it is easy to find:

Take MRT red line South to Guting Station (both bfranches go there, just grab any that goes south). Take exit 5 and keep walking straight (maybe 500m), until there is a corner with a 7/11. There already a lot of people should stand around, chatting, drinking. Ignore them (or not :wink: ) and turn left at this corner. After ~200m or so you are there, it’s at your left, right next to some club I don’t really know (but where some pretty over-the-top :wink: slutty girls sometimes stand around).

ROXY 99
Basement #218, Jinshan South Rd, Sec. 2, Taipei
(Jinshan and He Ping)
Open Wednesday 21:00pm-4:00am
Friday & Saturday 21:00pm-7:00am

Anyone going to any of this club this coming days?

Like I’ll like to join. Anyone here got FB or MSN? PM me!

Sorry, but as Roger Murtaugh would say: “I’m too old for this shit” :grandpa: But wait, my girlfriend isn’t :wink:

One hint: Go to forumosa friends, set up a profile, and search for people that might be interesting/interested. There’s even Spanish speaking gals and guys there. And even if you don’t want to shell out money for being able to actively email people (almost the only way to get in contact I guess), just google the usernames. In many cases of not totally usual names you will find out the blogs, homepages or whatever of those people. Sometimes even just guessing the MSN name works, like “name@hotmail.com”… Thus you have a change of getting in contact for free…

How long are you staying in Taiwan for?

I’m going to Taiwan in 3 months and I’m your age, although I bet you will already meet people by then. lol

yea, of course! 3 months!

Alright, sorry to bandwagon, steal this thread from the kid. If anyone is still around in august, I’d like to meet up to get a intro of the ropes in TWN. I’m Mexican in USA (San Francisco), and well will be a fob like the kid. I speak, Spanish, Korean, and Japanese, including (no duh) English. So what are the chances for me, BTW I’m 23 yrs old. I’m not a horn dog, but not a prune either, and deff not gay.
Gus
P.S. I can pass for 20 - 21, so room 18 can be up my ally “que no”?
Gus

The “Blanda” Bear.