New legislation- TARC still needed for NWOHR?

Been doing a little digging… the best info I could find so far in English was here on the forum:

From that thread:

The required documents seem to be:

1. Application form
  2. Photos
  3. Passport
  4. Health exam
  5. A copy of the lineal relative’s household registration (see below)
  6. Parents’ marriage relationship certificate
  7. Birth certificate
  8. Other documents depending on circumstances: e.g. if NWOHR child was born abroad, then ROC passport(s) of parent(s) must be provided; if parents are divorced, then a custody document must be provided;

For point 5, the government webpage asks for 在台戶籍謄本, but the linked forum post above seems to indicate that:

Therefore, it seems that for a deceased Taiwanese parent who left Taiwan, the required document for point 5 is not 戶籍謄本, but is instead a 除戶藤本 document. This seems to be further supported by a later post in that above thread, saying that for an AF384-based TARC, the 除戶藤本 was accepted instead of a 戶籍謄本.

A further snag is that in the above linked post, it seems that the poster’s lineal relative had left Taiwan, but was not yet deceased, In this case, in order to obtain the lineal relative’s 除戶藤本 document, it was necessary to either:

1. Provide an old copy of the lineal relative’s 戶籍謄本 in order to ask for the 除戶藤本 document (at the HHR office).

2. Provide a power-of-attorney statement signed by the lineal relative, in order to ask for the 除戶藤本 document (at the HHR office).

In my case, the lineal relative is deceased (ruling out option 2 to sign a power-of-attorney statement), and there is no old copy of the 戶籍謄本 document (ruling out option 1).

I hope there is some way for me, as the descendant of the lineal relative, to prove my relationship to the lineal relative and to thus request the 除戶藤本 document myself.

Another post in the above thread hints at this possibility of obtaining required documents for a deceased lineal relative without requiring a power-of-attorney statement (授權書), and instead proving that the deceased person is deceased and proving the relationship to the deceased lineal relative:

So, it might be an interesting exercise next time I am in Taiwan to try to get this 除戶藤本 for my deceased Taiwanese parent. I’m guessing I would need:

1. Deceased parent’s ROC passport
  2. Proof of death (death certificate) and Chinese translation.
  3. Proof of relationship: Birth certificate showing my name and father’s name, and Chinese translation.

As for providing Chinese-translated documents for #2 and #3, any idea if a self-translated (not certified by TECO) document would suffice to convince the HHR office that I am indeed the descendant of my deceased lineal relative, and to have the HHR office give me the 除戶藤本 for my deceased parent?