New Survey: Countries Taiwanese like and hate the most (Drumroll...)

Like:
1. Singapore
2. Japan
3. Canadia
4. EU
5. US

Dislike:
1. Noko
2. Phillippines
3. China
4. Korea
5. Russia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv0OxnW6b6o

I’d take this more seriously if they didnt have EU as a nation…

4 Likes

I think they did that becaue white people all look the same.

1 Like

I thought ( apart from the “soaps”), that South Korea was seen as a cheating Nation, by Taiwanese citizens?

1 Like

That’s not unfounded. In sports and the fact that Samsung hires away TSMC’s engineers.

1 Like

Looking at this it seems like the people who answered the survey probably based their opinions of the disliked countries primarily on the current state of their governments, which are all more or less headed by dictators (of varying degrees of cunning and ruthlessness) at this time. Probably safe to say that most people’s impression of a country is informed by what they know about its politics…

2 Likes

Why is Russia #5? What does tha average Taiwan know about Russia?

I’m not sure why Taiwanese people love Singapore so much. They praise it as such an amazing place.

1 Like

As opposed to Canada?

the real no.1 liked is japan and the real no.1 disliked is china. this survey needs to try again.

4 Likes

Well…there you have it! What’s the point of these surveys?

I don’t know anyone who particularly likes Singapore. Most people are pretty indifferent towards it.

1 Like

Taiwanese pretty much like Japan and the USA. And pretty much don’t like China. Even though great numbers of them live and work there and a great bunch like to travel there and a great bunch like Chinese tourist money.
Singapore is a mutual like/like. Singaporeans generally like Taiwan and Taiwanese like them back.

They think of the philippines are backward. South Korea as proud (but taiwanese like their soaps, stars , and etc).

1 Like

And conversely, Taiwan is always the #1 favorite destination of Japanese through all kinds of surveys in Japan.
Likely because Taiwan is the only country ruled or controlled through battle gains (in WW2) by Japan that doesn’t hate it madly (e.g., China, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Phils, etc.).

I wonder if Singapore got a bump lately due to its hosting of the Kim-Trump meeting (and, for the deep blues, the Ma-Xi meeting)? Through these spectacles, it gains publicity and possibly a reputation as a fair meeting ground and mediator.

Guy

Tw (and Korea) gained by Imperial Japan way before WW II.
One hate Japanese to the tail. One love em so much, tho.

Yes, I realize that. That’s my point. Taiwan is the only country ruled by Japan that has no bad feelings towards it, and hence maybe why Japanese are reciprocating the mutual feeling.
It also helps that Taiwan gave a lot of aid, etc. following the big 9.0 earthquake in 2011. Japanese are still touched by those acts.

Favorite country → EU

Love you long time!

According to the news video, North Korea got a small bump in favor ability.

Taiwan likes to (or used to) send its nuclear waste to NK, too. ha ha.

1 Like