:facebook: New taxis are coming

That’s already done long time ago, if you see a car of any color with white license plates and red lettering, it’s a taxi.

I guess the new thing is a taxi app, like Uber.

There’s already a few taxi apps.
I guess it’s the usual govt spin.

1 Like

Uber app still works for some of my friends . Is it legal in Taiwan ?

Taxi drivers talk to a lot of people every day and some may even be retired military.

I don’t think the government will let taxis just make up a fare.

They will just use the longest possible route :slightly_smiling_face:

People want Uber´s flexibility and price/service competitiveness but Uber is not paying taxes/NHI/insurance etc. nor treating associates as employees so this is a middle ground. There have been several app incarnations, both public and private, to make it easier for users to use taxi services. Remember that in Taiwan that means not only taking you from A to B, but some taxi companies offer monthly packages, pick up of your medication, laundry, moving house, accompany minors or elderly people, etc. so it goes beyond just fare and transportation. As to the improvements, aside from hardware -better fleet of cars overall- we also will have better software -service interface to order cars wherever you may be.

Findtaxi app does nearly everything.

• English
  • No credit card required to register or use, provides a lot of information like number of available taxi in area, can select services like wheelchair friendly, accepts credit card, female driver, languages of driver like English and Japanese, specified number of passengers, tour guide, chartered services with tour guide, wifi access, jump start, van with 9 seats, karaoke on board, micro moving, cargo shipping. You can see who is available and where they are on the map.
6 Likes

Pricing is just meter price ?

I think I’ve only had regular taxis with meter. I don’t know if there are others.

Yeah!

Or an UBER, or a hire car. If it is a taxi it will also have a meter, unlike the new ones.

I don’t really agree with this exclusive and expensive scheme just for taxi drivers. It stinks more than a bit.

But if this is for independent drivers (a big if) then I can see how it gives them some relief.
Because some of these guys, their only income is driving taxis. They are usually older people who would find it hard to get well paid full time employment.

Now if they were to be uberised they’d end up getting only 65% of the fare and the fare itself would be reduced. They’d be at the neck and call of just one company that will continually want to chop down their income.
So it really is a win for those guys if not necessarily for all the public at large. On the bright side quality of the taxi vehicles should be vastly improved across the fleet.

Driverless cars are inevitable. They are fooked.

We are all fooked eventually. They’ll get another ten years of work anyway.

I think it’s reasonable . I like that there’s more choices than Uber out there and hopefully the drivers get a higher % of the fare.

DPP vote pandering at its finest. Unfortunately the KMT choose their least electable candidate, so we’re getting for more years of DPP nonsense.

They shouldn’t, either. Uber has small independent contracts with drivers. The government should stay out of it and Uber drivers should have the right to perform private contact work. Just more DPP pandering. F*CK the taxi industry.

i have talked to a taxi driver yesterday who explained me the scheme:
1- the govt give you only 50% of the money if you are eligible for it
2- to get the next 50%, they need to drive for 6 months and receive ZERO fine
3- the taxi driver I’ve talked to work only part time and said it is more profitable for the part time drivers.
4- taxi license are cheap according to him = it costs only 150K $NTD

1 Like