:facebook: New taxis are coming

In Taiwan, by law, all workers have to be covered with NHI, laobao, hazardous work insurance , etc. One sided contracts are like those pyramid scheme biz: only benefit the ones at the top because they manipulate the system. So evading the law is a crime.

1 Like

That’s not true. If I hire you for an hour to cut my grass, I do not need to provide those things. Small private contract work is exempt.

Still as much BS as before.

Yeah from you :joy:

Next you’ll start with Madam Tsai is responsible. You guys are easy to spot .:grin:

1 Like

Don’t even know who that is…

Don’t you have anything better to do than follow me around like a dog?

Haha you pooped , sorry I mean the rabbit popped out of his hole again. :grin:

Well you could say that about any job really.
There are specific laws that deal with taxi drivers, they are licensed, look it up.

It is called parallel economy. And that person who cuts grass, if he has an accident in your property, aren´t you responsible? If you have an accident in an Uber, shouldn´t you be covered? That free for all quasi libertarian view only served to make millionaires of a very few and push others to pay for teh costs.

No. The government just kept changing the rules arbitrarily to punish Uber and push them out of the market. Just more BS DPP pandering.

2 Likes

Not everyone deserves to be a millionaire. Those who innovate and create do.

Those who inherit mostly do.:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Those who steal and abuse others do not deserve to be millionaires, but rather locked up. It is not a zero sum game. There is plenty to go around and if it doe snot go around, it dies. The economy is a living thing, arms are needed as much as ears or nails.

Uber drivers were getting abused? Who was stealing their money?

When I was a young man I did work PT as taxi/limo driver in the home country. We never used the meter. We just wrote down the km’s we drove x the amount. People knew that because it regulars/locals mostly. I think I only used the meter a few times.
We did work for big companies picking up their people from the airport. All contracted, no meters, big tips.

One night I had to drive a local pub owner to the big city to one of these ‘special’ bars. I had to stay to take him back home. Got treated well by the manager of the place, got a commission from what the guy spent (like 3000 Euro) and returning home I got a big tip too. And I had to confront the pub owner’s wife, denying everything.

Sounds like it’s probably worth an additional tip!

There’s nothing we can do about it until we stand together on this.

I’m with you. Where do we start?

1 Like

Hold my hand?