New to Forumosa

**Hi! I’m new to posting on Forumosa. Alot of you sound like friendly people. At least compared to Reddit. I noticed this website is much friendly than Reddit. I’m not allowed post on Reddit but I did view it alot. Not that Reddit in general is hateful but the subreddits discussing stuff related to Asians were often very spiteful. So about me, My dad has early posts of me as a baby. I’m a Forumosa baby lol. He was also in English teacher for little kids back in the early 2000s. I was born in Taiwan but I moved to America when I was 2. I didn’t live in Taiwan long enough to be able to speak Mandarin sadly. I knew a few basic words and phrases though. Feel free to ask me any questions!

10 Likes

Allow me the first to welcome you to our community.

Also, the first to ask a question.

What was your father’s Forumosa handle?

3 Likes

Dix2111 He has old posts talking about raising a mixed baby

3 Likes

So, I’ll check it out later. How about some more questions?

Which city and State are you living?

What prompted you to join up on Forumosa?

Have you been back to Taiwan since you left?

Can you use chopsticks?

Do you like rice?

Do you have a Taiwanese boyfriend?

Welcome back?

Welcome!
I think your dad still visits this forum. Nice to see families getting together here too!

2 Likes

Welcome to Forumosa!

Welcome. Yes, this website let’s people mostly speak their opinion. Of course, always up for debate and discourse.

Welcome

Welcome!

I remember being introduced to some of my father’s old letters when I was a child and reading them with great interest. It never occurred to me that one day I might have a child who digs through my old forum posts in the same way I read my father’s letters. Terrifying thought! :fearful:

2 Likes

Hapadoge, this is dad. go do your homework. And why did the dog pee in the garage? Also have you seen my butt rash lotion my explosive diarrhea has been acting up again. OK bye bye. Good night sweetheart.

14 Likes

2 Likes

@hapadoge is your dad like this in real life?

:joy:

Your dad still owes me NT2000.

3 Likes

Honey ,you need to use emoticons in your message or the moderator will think you are serious and daddy will get banned again .
And yes I’m talking to you Mr “the bear”

and yes she really is my daughter and I can prove it.

“Hapadoge you are grounded and no more posting tonight. We have to go help mom make taiwanese pineapple buns”

1 Like

Of course, back in those days, her dad looked like this

3 Likes

That wasn’t me.
lol.