New York Department of Health Fully Endorses Racism

I’ll ask you then. What’s your opinion on people not receiving healthcare because of their skin tone?

As mad as I am, TG, I think we do mainly agree here mate.

1 Like

You put some unnecessary qualifiers in there I think :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it’s dreadful that non-white and Latino and Hispanic communities in the state of New York do not receive equal social and health access. Absolutely dreadful.

1 Like

I’m not responsible for your preferences. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I didn’t know about about this, but I agree that everyone should receive equal social and health access.

2 Likes

Exactly, we want the government to provide equal social and health access. So do it and don’t apply this Mickey Mouse racist bandage to cover over your failure.

1 Like

They are admitting to their failure. Maybe now they will back it up and start providing better health and social care to those communities.

So why not do it by zip code or something? Say this area doesn’t get as much access as say a richer area?

Just say “we are doing the poor areas first”. Why make it about race?

2 Likes

I can’t get my own shit together, let alone sort out what NY should be doing.

Yeah, I think I agree. And maybe whether you have diabetes, whether you live with a large family, that sort of thing. The racial disparity in covid deaths is huge, but everyone seems to agree it’s explained by pretty obvious social factors, so they could have focused on those.

I wonder if they considered excluding Asians, who are the least likely to die from covid!

2 Likes

Yes, you are right. All white people are rich and work from home. They are also hiding the information about where to get vaccinated.

1 Like

My dad was among the white people lining up to get their COVID shot in a really bad, poor neighborhood…driving his BMW and lined up behind only other fancy cars. They’re not hiding info. They have the resources to get what they want when they want it. The same cannot be said for others

Imagine using race in triage decisions…you guys sure about national healthcare with these people in charge?

4 Likes

So the vaccination station was in a poor neighborhood, but the poor(black people?) couldn’t get it? I think the fact that your dad is well off is what is clouding your judgement here. It is easy for your family to get what they need because they are rich and white so you can’t imagine that other white people are not the same. So then it makes sense to give priority to non whites. News flash, not all white people have BMWs.

Also, the original story isn’t about vaccination

The reality is that they don’t want it. Would you trust the vaccine if you were a black person in America knowing how fucked up they were treated by the medical community?

Don’t blame them :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Not true! White people blocked the roads with their BMWS and wads of cash.

4 Likes

Holy crap some people have fallen deep into the white guilt rabbit hole.

2 Likes

Who? You? I don’t have white guilt, but I am fully aware of the reality that I was raised in a very good situation that was made possible largely due to the color of the skin of my ancestors. My great great grandparents came from Ireland and Italy. Those were people quite low on the pecking order in the US at that time. They weren’t getting far in their education, yet they made enough money to run businesses and buy houses. A century later and I’m white, college educated, and raised by parents who bought a house 30 years ago for 100k USD that’s now worth 500k

It’s sad to see that some people here think that being born into privilege is a god-given right. I feel sorry for you.

You seem to default to strawman arguments often.

Most of us just don’t view the world as oppressed and oppressors based on skin color, and certainly wouldn’t want this ideology driving medical decisions. That’s it.

You don’t know if we are white (I’m not) and certainly not what situations people were or were not born into.

What I see is people coming up with way more logical and probably more efficient ways to get underprivileged people medical attention like basing it on districts. Do white people not live in those places along with Asians, Hispanics, etc? Shit might actually get done if we put reasoning over ideology.

2 Likes