NHI app registration

Hi everyone,
I just got my NHI card. I downloaded the NHI app on my iphone and tried to register. I can’t do it because on the registration page, it asks for phone number and something which gets translated to “door number” or “door tag number”. Does anyone know what this is? Has any foreigner managed to register with the NHI app?

Thanks.

https://www.translatingtaiwan.com/2020/03/11/order-masks-online-with-nhi-app-全民健保行動快易通/

1 Like

手機門號 is just your mobile phone number.

1 Like

Right. But what’s the second?

You ID number. ARC number may or may not work.

Use a card reader and computer to register first, then you can use the App.

What do you mean by card reader? where?
I ask as I’m applying for one next week.

Card reader is a USB device to read cards. Can buy it almost everywhere, even 7-11.TB2.lY6odRopuFjSZFtXXcanpXa_!!202613179

OH OK!
I use one for online banking supplied by the bank, didn’t realise can buy universal ones.
Thanks OLM

Actually, yours could be universal. They all should be. Try yours :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Has anyone successfully registered on this app?

I get this message that the system is busy when I try to set it up.

I have, on iOS. Needed a card reader on a windows computer first to setup password and generate the barcode. Nonsensical Taiwan IT shit.

1 Like

I just tried to register on this app and it kept asking for biometric confirmation. WTH?!?!

So card reader won’t do me any good.

Really?!
I just did before CNY and there was no biometric confirmation request.
Later, I found that option and activated it for convenience only.

P.S.: I did all on mobile.

You’ve been vaccinated right? You just need to wave your upper arm near the SD card slot of your computer and it should pick up the details.

I don’t remember having any such problem when I registered a few months ago, and I imagine you have all the stuff I had (NHI card, ARC, phone number, card reader (if necessary)), plus being able to read Chinese. The process was probably annoying, on account of it being a Taiwanese website, and required installation of security plugins or whatever, but if I could manage it you’d probably be able to as well!

Guys, I’m trying to do that on a frigging cellphone that has no biometric whatever. I am not the latest Apple kind of gal.

I tried to log into the app for the first time and started from the page that asked me to input the last 4 digits of my NHI card, my mobile phone number and my ARC number for identification. The process got stuck with a message stating that I had to switch the WiFi off and use 4G/5G with one of the 5 “main” telcos. I am using Circles.Life and the connection is LTE+ (WiFi off): is any of these two or both the cause of the hiccup?

I’ve run into the same issue.

I deleted the NHI app from my phone as I hadn’t used it for 9+ months. Reinstalled it today and tried to login. Was hit by an error message saying something like “your phone number cannot use the verification process: pre-paid”. I am on a pre-paid, Chunghua Telecom SIM.

How else am I meant to log in? I don’t recall this being an issue before.

Maybe that’s a new issue? I’m also on a prepaid SIM (Chunghwa) and was able to register, which I did perhaps a year ago.

I just checked to make sure I can still log in, and I can, although there was a pop-up message I’ve never seen before upon opening the app. (Couldn’t read it, and like many Taiwanese app developers they’ve kindly made it unselectable so couldn’t paste it into Google Translate.)

You can use the camera translation feature and submit the screenshot from the gallery.

2 Likes