Nhl 2009/ 2010

Another loss… :aiyo:

The Sens top six isn’t doing diddly squat and I think that’s due to Kovalev and Michalek being out for injuries. While Kovalev can be hot and cold, Michalek has been a steady and stronger performer all year long. Gotta regroup for Game 4. Good thing the 'yotes and Flyers won.

Tough break for the Sharks, having outplayed the Avs on so many levels only to be stumped by a hot goalie and a fluke goal. 'Twas a superbly entertaining game though.

Ottawa losing its sens fever?

Someone in Ottawa should deal with that street vendor with the Habs flag.

Yeah it is hard to understand for people who don’t watch them often, but I do not get concerned until they are down 5 goals. They can chill an entire game, look like ass, then wake up, score 4 or 5 goals and win.

Tonight’s effort though was the best. I think the team woke up and remembered how to play competitive hockey.

Oh dear oh dear…the Sens are cooked.

Spoke too soon? Sens comeback? 4-2 looks a hell of a lot better than 4-zip.

Cooked. :aiyo:

I was cringing by the time that 2nd goal by Crosby went in. It all started on a horrible horrible give away by Spezza. I went to do my taxes not long afterwards…

Nashville is up 2-1 in their series with Chicago. Wouldn’t it be something if the highly favored Blackhawks were turfed in the first round?

Looks like we could have a nice Crosby - Ovechkin showdown coming up in a future series! How fun would that be?

I remember the playoff game a few years ago when they both had hat-tricks in the same game!

[quote=“Adam_CLO”]Looks like we could have a nice Crosby - Ovechkin showdown coming up in a future series!
[/quote]
It would be a highly watched series, but we’ve got a ways to go yet before the Conf Finals. I would like to see Philly get by NJ and play the Pens in the semis, but if the Flyers move on they’ll have to play Washington next, assuming of course that the Caps finish off Montreal in the quarters, which appears to be a given.

Devils and Sens could be golfing after the morning’s games wrap up. I think the Pens will close Ottawa out, but I can’t see the Devils losing game 5 to the Flyers and the series 4-1. Mind you, they were first round playoff casualties the previous two seasons, so maybe this is a new trend with them, becoming the San Jose Sharks of the East Conf?

Glad to see Vancouver won in OT yesterday to even their series out with LA. Same with the Sharks. I like that team, not a huge fan or anything, but I would like to see them advance and play on in the next few rounds at least.

And still hoping the Coyotes eliminate the Red Wings. I’m just so effin’ tired of seeing Detroit in the playoffs. Enough already! :smiling_imp:

Wrong about the Devils already…let’s hope the trend continues. OT baby!

Wrong about the Devils already…let’s hope the trend continues. OT baby![/quote]
They looked so uninspired playing in a must-win game. I’m truly baffled.

Triple OT. I’m holding my breath.

I hope you didn’t have money on either of those games. :slight_smile:
Leclaire is HOT HOT HOT! :thumbsup:

The trend continues! k.k., please predict the Pens will close out the Sens in game 6. Please do it! For me! :slight_smile:

The trend continues! k.k., please predict the Pens will close out the Sens in game 6. Please do it! For me! :slight_smile:[/quote]
lol…Glad to be of service. The Pens will close the Sens out in game 6 in Ottawa.

Of course, today’s result means the Bruins will avoid the Capitals in the second round after closing out the Sabres, but may have to take on the defending Champs… choose your poison…

You’re assuming Boston closes the series with Buffalo out. Ryan Miller and co. will no doubt have something to say about that. That series goes 7 games. Of course, the way my playoff predictions have been going, I’ve just doomed the Sabres.

Sens are playing some inspired hockey, or maybe the Pens are snoozing a bit in game 6.

sjcma, Josefus, tell me, how do you like Andy Sutton? :slight_smile: