Nhl 2009/ 2010

[quote=“k.k.”][quote=“sjcma”]k.k., I hope your prediction of my Sens is accurate as your regular season prediction. :wink:
[/quote]
:laughing:

Good point. So far so good in game one, 4-2 Sens after 2.[/quote]

Woohoo! Hung on for a 5-4 victory. :sunglasses:

Today’s upset day in the East. Flyers over Devils 2-1.

[quote=“sjcma”][quote=“k.k.”][quote=“sjcma”]k.k., I hope your prediction of my Sens is accurate as your regular season prediction. :wink:
[/quote]
:laughing:

Good point. So far so good in game one, 4-2 Sens after 2.[/quote]

Woohoo! Hung on for a 5-4 victory. :sunglasses:

Today’s upset day in the East. Flyers over Devils 2-1.[/quote]
I don’t mind that at all. I don’t really care who wins out of Philly and Jersey. I’m not a Sens fan, but I wouldn’t mind seeing them knock off the cocky Pens in the first round. That’s still going to be a tall order, but one down and three to go.

The Coyotes are the home team in their series with Detroit, but are still viewed as the underdog. I’d love to see Detroit ousted in the first round.

I’m rooting for Vancouver to win their first Stanley Cup this spring.

I prefer all top four teams in the East to fail. Makes the road for the Sens much easier. But I reserve a special hate for the Sabres.

I’m rooting for Sens, Habs, Caps, in that order.

Philly and Pitt can suck it. I hope they both lose.

Other than that, I really don’t care. Only thing I want is Washington cup.

A lot of the media dudes are calling a WAS - CHI Finals. It would be entertaining, that’s for sure.

djlowballer, yeah, I wouldn’t mind see both Pennsylvania teams lose first round.

sjcma, whay the hate for Buffalo? Just curious.

Probably because they’ve knocked our Sens out so many times. (3 times since '97)
I hate 'em too.

Probably because they’ve knocked our Sens out so many times. (3 times since '97)
I hate 'em too.[/quote]
Exactly. What really stung was the '99 playoffs where the Sens finished first in the division only to get swept by Buffalo in the first round. Ouch! Then the '06 playoffs where the Sens was first in the East only to choke against the Sabres in the 2nd round. Game 1 of that series was the definition of a super-choke and after that game, the team’s morale just died. The '07 rebound to the Cup Finals was sweet revenge though, esp. that Emery vs. Biron goalie fight. Ha!

How unimaginative. I say Sens vs 'Nucks.

How unimaginative. I say Sens vs 'Nucks.[/quote]
I would enjoy a VAN - OTT Cup Finals. Canada would be rather polarized though. :eh:

I guess i forgot about all those Sabres oustings. I can understand your bitterness. Tough to say who prevails out of the BOS / BUF series, but should the Sens upset the Pens to move to round two, you might get a chance to play BUF again.

My oh my, just watched Montreal net the OT winner. Superb! Too bad Boston weren’t able to upset the Sabres.

Oy, spoiler quotes, if you please, for those who don’t want to read the results online so soon after the event. [quote=“sjcma”]My oh my, just watched Montreal net the OT winner. Superb! Too bad Boston weren’t able to upset the Sabres.[/quote] :bow:

I guess I have to stick with the Saberes, not too many Austrians playing in the NHL. :wink:

Vanek seems to be back to his old days, 6 goals in the last 3 games, let’s hope he keeps it that way, wasn’t a great season for him…

Spoiler quotes? I’d suggest anyone who doesn’t want to know the scores stay away from the thread. It’s here for us to talk hockey.

Looks like Vancouver will be one of the few teams not to suffer a game 1 loss to the underdog. I am hoping for big things from the Canucks this post-season.

sjcma, I’m assuming you’re watching game 2 between PIT and OTT. Very heated game. How do you guys like Andy Sutton? We miss him on Long Island.

I’m watching it.
I won’t comment 'till it’s over.

[quote=“Josefus”]I’m watching it.
I won’t comment 'till it’s over.[/quote]
Thoughts? You guys lost a golden chance to take a 2-0 stranglehold on the series. I though the reffing was atrocious too. The Pens were mugging the Sens forwards all night.

Frig that Crosby.
He’s so bloody good.
I love him yet hate him right now.

Crazy MON / WAS game 2. Montreal was cruising until they riled Ovechkin up and then the Caps took over in the 3rd. Heading to OT now. SUDDEN DEATH!!!

There’s a reason the Caps are the best comeback team this season. Another OT thriller! The Habs really blew their chance at a decent shot for a series upset. Good series so far.

As for the Sens, I consider that to be a 2-0 game for the Pens. The lone Sens goal 18 seconds in was pretty lucky. After that, the Pens seem to get away with a nice handful of non-calls. Still, the winning setup by Crosby was a super combination of determination and skill. I expected the game to be tight after that 9 goal scoring fest in Game 1.

In the final regular season game for PIT vs. NYI, and in the playoffs, we’ve been treated to some simply unbelievable stickhandling and puck possession moments from Sid the Kid. He’s so strong on the puck and not the biggest guy, it really is something to behold.