Niger document forger in pay of France

It appears that the French hand is also involved in the Wilson/Plame Affair. Quite a web is being uncovered. But one should expect nothing less…

americanthinker.com/comments … ts_id=3479

And the Telegraph story:

[quote] Agent behind fake uranium documents worked for France
By Bruce Johnston in Rome
(Filed: 19/09/2004)

The Italian businessman at the centre of a furious row between France and Italy over whose intelligence service was to blame for bogus documents suggesting Saddam Hussein was seeking to buy material for nuclear bombs has admitted that he was in the pay of France.

His admission to investigating magistrates in Rome on Friday apparently confirms suggestions that - by commissioning “Giacomo” to procure and circulate documents - France was responsible for some of the information later used by Britain and the United States to promote the case for war with Iraq.
Italian diplomats have claimed that, by disseminating bogus documents stating that Iraq was trying to buy low-grade “yellowcake” uranium from Niger, France was trying to “set up” Britain and America in the hope that when the mistake was revealed it would undermine the case for war, which it wanted to prevent.
(more at link)
news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.j … iger19.xml[/quote]

I don’t think you read your source very closely. Where does it say that Rocco Martino was the forger? :slight_smile:

[quote=“spook”]I don’t think you read your source very closely. Where does it say that Rocco Martino was the forger? :slight_smile:[/quote]spook -
I don’t think you read my post. Look again, no where did I post that Rocco Martino was the forger. The articles listed clearly show him as receiving forged documents from French intel.

Questions still remain - where did the documents come from - what Embassay or office? Who did the forgeries?

My first look hunch - A simple job for “retired and disgruntled CIA officers.”
Sound like a familiar group?

[quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“spook”]I don’t think you read your source very closely. Where does it say that Rocco Martino was the forger? :slight_smile:[/quote]spook -
I don’t think you read my post. Look again, no where did I post that Rocco Martino was the forger.[/quote]

In your title for this topic: “Niger document forger in pay of France”

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]
Questions still remain - where did the documents come from - what Embassay or office? Who did the forgeries?

Sound like a familiar group?[/quote]

[quote=“spook”][quote=“TainanCowboy”][quote=“spook”]I don’t think you read your source very closely. Where does it say that Rocco Martino was the forger? :slight_smile:[/quote]spook -
I don’t think you read my post. Look again, no where did I post that Rocco Martino was the forger.[/quote]
In your title for this topic: “Niger document forger in pay of France”

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]
Sound like a familiar group?[/quote][/quote]spook -
click on 1st link. Look at title of article - that is title used by the suthor.
When quoting or referencing articles it is customary to use listed titles. This avoids multiple posting of same article.
How about reponding to the posted info?

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]
How about reponding to the posted info?[/quote]

Michael Ledeen :slight_smile:

[quote=“spook”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]
How about reponding to the posted info?[/quote]
Michael Ledeen :slight_smile:[/quote]spook -
Quite obscure.
How about Joe Wilsons 2nd wife. Do a bio on here - quite revealing.
and this just in:

[quote]Italian Faces Pre-War Intelligence Probe
By ARIEL DAVID, Associated Press Writer Tue Oct 25, 4:30 PM ET

ROME - The head of Italy’s military secret services will be questioned by a parliamentary commission next week over allegations that his organization gave the United States and Britain disputed documents suggesting that
Saddam Hussein had been seeking uranium in Africa, officials said Tuesday.

Nicolo Pollari, director of the SISMI intelligence agency, will be questioned on Nov. 3 by members of the commission overseeing secret services, said Micaela Panella, a commission spokeswoman.

She said Pollari asked to be questioned after reports Monday and Tuesday in the Rome daily La Repubblica claiming SISMI passed on to the
CIA, U.S. government officials and Britain’s MI6 intelligence services a dossier it knew was forged.

The documents detailed a purported Iraqi deal to buy 500 tons of uranium yellowcake from Niger, a claim the United States and Britain used to try to prove Saddam Hussein was seeking to develop weapons of mass destruction and justify the case for the 2003 invasion of
Iraq.

The Italian government

Can’t you Americanos get anything straight, just once, without involving France?

I think that all these findings are very interesting and contribute greatly to alleviating the earlier media crush on Bush and his team. Look at how dirty these events have been. France had major economic interests in keeping Saddam in power. They have lost billions of deals for oil fields, etc. I understand completely why they would attempt to stave this off.

One by one, all the charges against Bush except Plamegate have fallen away. If some day we discover wmds had been smuggled into Syria, the total redemption of the decision will be fait accompli. I am still waiting. Syria has a lot of little things going on that I would like to see investigated. We should be squeezing for all we are worth now to get the other financiers out of Damascus and to see the regime changed if need be. Syria has had its chance and failed. Let’s push harder. Maybe some wmds will fall into our lap.

“Findings” may be a bit premature given all the “droppings” we’ve been fed up to this point.

Whatever they turn out to be there’s no doubt they do “contribute greatly to alleviating the earlier media crush on Bush and his team” – but perhaps not the real crush, the grand jury one.

What would contribute greatly to the truth and consequently the long-term welfare of the American people and the world in general would be finding out who forged the Niger “findings” in the first place.

so, if WMD’s are ever found (any sane person knows they won’t), you would view this mess as a victory? the entire situation is justified if we find some weapons? this was all worth the price we’ve paid?

i’m thinking there are 2000+ families who might disagree with you…

total redemption my ass.

I believe that without wmds, it has been well worth the price and many of those military families agree. Cindy Sheehan’s son agreed as did most of the other family members. She appears more interested in using her son as a publicity tool. Sick.

Yes, I have always believed that there was more going on than met the immediate eye. Syria and Iran are very dirty regimes. When pressured, Syria has coughed up some interesting people and things. I would like to see what else it is holding back. We also know that up to 400 to 500 of the top al Qaeda people are in Iran. What may happen next? Who knows? But as we found with the Vietnamese and Russians, amazing information was released when their regimes opened. I was especially gratified to see how much the Soviets were sponsoring and leading the “peace” movements in Europe and also how the Vietnamese admitted that militarily they had lost the war in 1968, but how they were saved with political victory from their ability to influence our media. Why this is not in the press more is beyond me.

What price would be too high for you, Fred?

I’m still waiting for those who got us into this war to contribute a drop of blood to it.

Now I am not saying that this has any more credibility than any other scenario under consideration, but something is starting to flesh-out and this begins to connect a few dots.

[quote]Wilsongate: Did CIA run a covert op against an elected president?
By Clifff Kincaid, ACCURACY IN MEDIA, Saturday, October 22, 2005

The media version of the CIA leak case is that the White House illegally revealed a CIA employee

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Now I am not saying that this has any more credibility than any other scenario under consideration, but something is starting to flesh-out and this begins to connect a few dots.

[quote]Wilsongate: Did CIA run a covert op against an elected president?
By Clifff Kincaid, ACCURACY IN MEDIA, Saturday, October 22, 2005

The media version of the CIA leak case is that the White House illegally revealed a CIA employee

I bet a lot of people would agree with that.

Dick for instance

read

Thanks, TainanCowboy. This thread has given me a good chuckle. It seems like Bush supporters here are willing to entertain anything except the obvious. It’s kind of like when Hobbs (and maybe Fred and TainanCowboy) were saying that the more likely possibility was that Miller or some other journalists were the REAL culprits who leaked Plames name. :unamused:

Of course, we all knew that was never a realistic possibility, but it sure beat the heck out of admitting that someone from Bush’s administration was playing dirty politics and probably broke the law. Don’t knock self deception–It

Danimal -
So what your really saying is…You have nothing to say. :wanker:

Thanks for sharing that with us.

How do you know? Have you gone and asked the families of the 10,000 plus Americans who have died as a result of thier Iraq tours?

Like Bush never uses the 9/11 attacks to forward the agenda he’s told to follow?

How do you know? Have you gone and asked the families of the 10,000 plus Americans who have died as a result of thier Iraq tours?

Like Bush never uses the 9/11 attacks to forward the agenda he’s told to follow?[/quote]cake -
Please post on OP topic. Its an info rich topic with many variables available and more yet to be presented.
Thanks

No :threadjacked: